Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    I loved TBC but I can't stand the sight of outland these days. I wouldn't mind a Burning Legion theme but id like to see new zones.
    I've never understood the hate against Outland, I quite enjoy leveling there and used to like it even more prior to doing it like 8 times or so. I love the music, the environment and the monsters, good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I've never understood the hate against Outland, I quite enjoy leveling there and used to like it even more prior to doing it like 8 times or so. I love the music, the environment and the monsters, good times.

The feel of it is good with the whole Burning Legion. But questing... kind of annoying. If it had MoP questing it might be good and with the writing anyways.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I can see the Burning Legion trying to use Outlands to stage another all out attack on Azeroth and we will have to go there an fight them back through the portals to Argus.

In the middle of fighting huge waves of Demons coming through a portal on Outland, suddenly Alleria and Turalyon show up from the other side of the portal to help us bring the Demons and their commander down. They tell us about where they were at, what they have been doing this whole time and that would be the end of the Pre expansion world event.

Obviously in the expansion itself we would be on Argus and the Draenei would play a pretty large roll seeing as that is their home world, With the new shared city being Mac'Aree. The Final boss would have to be Kil'jaeden with Sargeras playing some what of a backround character.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Re-vamping old content.......

Yeah I dont think Blizz is to keen on doing that again
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Re-vamping old content.......

Yeah I dont think Blizz is to keen on doing that again

No they're not but then again people overreacted like usual. X_X
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Fuck Outland.

Also, people seem to inherently HATE returning content, so...let's go all new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    No they're not but then again people overreacted like usual. X_X
    The level of reaction and under/over reaction can be only measured via one way.... by how many people's wallets stay open.

Having them suddenly shut since day 1 of the expansion launch, and stay that way through the majority of the expansion - ultimately loosing 20% of your audience is kind-of a sign that it's not an over-reaction.

i hope they NEVER redo old areas again. i hated what cataclysm did to azeroth. if they ruin outland with something stupid like that, i would probably quit.

Quote Originally Posted by ManjiSanji View Post
    Fuck Outland.

Also, people seem to inherently HATE returning content, so...let's go all new stuff.
    Hehe - it's kinda like I said about the new Star Wars film being made... I'm so DAMN GLAD it's going to be a sequel and not another damn prequel re-treading the stupid old tropes.

I want NEW lore, characters and adventures - damnit! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post
    TBC = New Content, brand new continent

WotLK = New Content, brand new continent

Cataclysm = New Content regions PLUS remodeled and revisited old content

MoP = New Content, brand new continent

Shut up.

He's talking about Raids/Dungeons (not that i care)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Blizzard heard long ago about players disgust of Outland. Returning to it will sour too many players.

Outland to me is like ToC to others...dislike Day-Glo worlds (let alone that male space goat laugh...should be able to silence it!). It's not the world you start in that resembles a fantasy MMORPG, it's not even a dream, it's a nightmare.

Shoo!
    Please for the love of all that is holy, never ever.. EVER breed. No wonder Blizz deletes thousands of your comments from the official forums, I feel bad for the poor bastard that has to sift through it.
    Last edited by Zace; 2012-11-03 at 12:22 AM.

I think the closest Blizz would come to rehashing Outland would be to add a phased area in SMV in Black Temple with a revived Illidan as the leader of the Demon Hunter Hero Class Faction and hub zone like Archerus for DKs. DEMON HUNTERS FOREVER!!!!!! Illidan is WoW's Batman, and in the Next Expansion the Dark Knight Rises....from the grave to teach his batmany ways to a new generation of heroes

Deleted
    Devs already said on Blizzcon that they aren't planning to make another expansion like Cataclysm where players would have to revisit *new* old content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    IF they revisit Outland all we will hear is people bitching about how lazy Blizzard is for reusing old content again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Hehe - it's kinda like I said about the new Star Wars film being made... I'm so DAMN GLAD it's going to be a sequel and not another damn prequel re-treading the stupid old tropes.

I want NEW lore, characters and adventures - damnit! :P

There's a difference between using the same stuff and using an old area for a new conflict.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    They might do something with Outland and they may not. It's a little difficult to imagine that they'll completely revamp it for a couple of reasons. One is the experience of revamping 1-60 is still fresh in everyone's mind. Yeah, it's only 10 levels but still. And what do you do about 58-68 if you changed much of what's already there to make it palatable for end game players.

I suppose the simplest thing to do is make some tweaks to it, if you do anything at all and then send players off to somewhere else entirely for a new expansion. It might be Argus and then again it might not. All it takes basically is a portal.

That doesn't preclude two versions of Outland though which would be interesting if they have the tech to manage it. But how to do it and phase it properly so that 60ish toons aren't in the way of end game toons and mobs might be difficult. Or to allow end game toons to leave Outland II to visit Outland I (as it were). That's headache-inducing to think about. Better to do something entirely new.

EDIT: In any case, anyone that wants to see Outland changed as some sort of endgame area needs to provide some ideas about what to do about 58-68 leveling other than create something brand new for THAT (which is vanishingly unlikely to ever happen).
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-11-03 at 12:35 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I can think of is X level phasing at Outland. Like when you head to the Dark Portal or to a certain point. You get phased, and you have to hit level 90 to hit that phasing. There will be a quest to head into Outland in the current year. Once you take that, the Dark Portal area will be like that forever post 90 and that quest. That is the only way I can think of and retain the old Outland.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    There is no point, it's simply my opinion.
    I'm not talking about your opinion, I'm saying you missed the point of the bit you quoted.

Isn't Outland supposed to be destroyed soon or did that change? Something about Netherstorm blowing up?
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    Isn't Outland supposed to be destroyed soon or did that change? Something about Netherstorm blowing up?
    Actually at the end of "WC2: Beyond the Dark Portal" the Alliance heroes believed Draenor would blow up, so they stayed behind and closed the portal from the Draenor side, knowing they would die in the process, to prevent the explosion from reaching Azeroth.

But in TBC we found out that it never actually completely blew up. It was kinda torn apart, but it's still there. It's still highly unstable, though, I guess. Technically it could just all evaporate into nothing like every moment. But I guess it all depends on what Blizzard wants to do with it.