Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You will never find a thread where people look at both games and give you a straight up answer.
    There are Fanboys everywhere sadly..

I enjoy WarZ because playing it with friends its awesome..
    I would have played DayZ but I didnt want to buy 2 other games in order to play a free Mod..

Anyway WarZ was worth the money so far and I'm enjoying it. The random noises scare the sht out of me.. and hearing gunshots randomly makes my heart sink in fear.

So yes. WarZ is awesome.. however I cant tell you how much different it is compared to DayZ.. except for the fact that 2 of my friends were DayZ lovers.. and they really like WarZ.. so..

10+ Year Old Account
    Id have to say the real difference is that DayZ is built off of a military simulator where realism is paramount. WarZ is built off a FPS/MMO that has a much easier learning curve and is a bit more forgiving.

10+ Year Old Account
    is there any other way to get into beta of warz than buying the game ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    This video explains a lot of it very well!
    ...And then I found this from the same guy.

credibility: lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    I guess there are some contests / giveaways, though I'm not sure.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2012-11-03 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    My question is if you've never played DayZ why are you posting here? I mean judging from your post its obvious you havent.
    Right i have not played dayz but i have seen gameplay videos of both dayz and warz

warz wins "personally opinion" all dayz is a mod and not a good one ether the movement is crap shooting looks to be a pain in the ass and its just not my cup of tea....

The warz looks like its having a lot of work put into it in a huge open world and the only thing atm i can say i do not like is the fact there needs to be a lot more zombies. But it is in apha phase so all of that im sure will get changed.

Also the makers of The Warz have came out many times and said its been in the works a lot longer then dayz.

Also guys remember

The Warz=Full game
    The Dayz=A mod.

Ill end with why can't people be happy there is two zombie horror games. They done said any DLC/X-pac content that come's will be free that alone sounds awesome

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 05:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    Every now and then there is giveaways and people hosting streams with giveaways but paying 40$ *here in the US at gamestop* gives you the game+ you can play in the Beta/Alpha
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Also guys remember

The Warz=Full game
    The Dayz=A mod.
    DayZ stand alone is coming out shortly, if you're going to compare games you haven't played you should probably compare the two that are actually relatable to each other. Then again this would require you to know what you're talking about so more than likely a pointless ask.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

I haven't played either game, I have only seen youtube videos of both. The War Z looks superior in every way and I could not give a shit less as to which game came first. I see a lot of venom from Day Z fans regarding War Z and I can understand this kind of brand loyalty to some extent, you had fun with Day Z, I get it but if you want to convince someone like me that Day Z is better you need to make a much better case other than whining about War Z being a 'rip-off'.

I'm open to being convinced and I'm not paying money for either game until I see the final product of both but as it stands now War Z is the horse I'd bet my money on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenogeist View Post
    I haven't played either game, I have only seen youtube videos of both. The War Z looks superior in every way and I could not give a shit less as to which game came first. I see a lot of venom from Day Z fans regarding War Z and I can understand this kind of brand loyalty to some extent, you had fun with Day Z, I get it but if you want to convince someone like me that Day Z is better you need to make a much better case other than whining about War Z being a 'rip-off'.

I'm open to being convinced and I'm not paying money for either game until I see the final product of both but as it stands now War Z is the horse I'd bet my money on.
    I agree with this 100%

As i said a min ago i seen many videos of both warz and dayz and i would put my money on warz "and plan to".

The thing i feel that dayz fanboys need to learn is everything in dayz has been done before in some way so to act like its the first of anything is stupid.

Hell dead island was out before dayz so i could say dayz ripped off the things it did from that "get my point"
    Or any zombie mods for any game or any zombie game really.

Calling Warz a rip off is childish and im sorry but from i seen it has done a lot things better then dayz.

The one thing i keep hearing over and over that is better is the controllers and how well the open world has been done.

/End Rant
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I agree with this 100%

As i said a min ago i seen many videos of both warz and dayz and i would put my money on warz "and plan to".

The thing i feel that dayz fanboys need to learn is everything in dayz has been done before in some way so to act like its the first of anything is stupid.

Hell dead island was out before dayz so i could say dayz ripped off the things it did from that "get my point"
    Or any zombie mods for any game or any zombie game really.

Calling Warz a rip off is childish and im sorry but from i seen it has done a lot things better then dayz.

The one thing i keep hearing over and over that is better is the controllers and how well the open world has been done.

/End Rant
    how would you know if warz has done a better job then the warz? We haven't even seen gameplay footage yet of Dayz. We know it ha a good precessor. Thee mod has gamelimitations cause of the arma2 engine. And the mod hasn't been in developement for long it even still i s check their homepage Dayz mod 1.7.3 alpha version. While The warz (according to thedeveloeprs) has been in developement for 2 years.

What i am tired of is the Fanboy discussion of either side. Wich is a problem. Honestly i hope both games end up great, good competition is always a good thing. But atm cause of what i seen of the warz and what i seen of a succesfull mod. I am putting my bets on Dayz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    how would you know if warz has done a better job then the warz? We haven't even seen gameplay footage yet of Dayz. We know it ha a good precessor. Thee mod has gamelimitations cause of the arma2 engine. And the mod hasn't been in developement for long it even still i s check their homepage Dayz mod 1.7.3 alpha version. While The warz (according to thedeveloeprs) has been in developement for 2 years.

What i am tired of is the Fanboy discussion of either side. Wich is a problem. Honestly i hope both games end up great, good competition is always a good thing. But atm cause of what i seen of the warz and what i seen of a succesfull mod. I am putting my bets on Dayz.
    tbh he hasnt once said it has done a better job, much like you he just put his faith more in to one game based on information.
    i played dayz andd war z both have been fun, couldnt care less about the pathetic game v game nonsense, why peoplle likke tommo give a shit about who startedd development first is beyond me.

Deleted
    I have played both

DAYZ - needs to become a real game, to truly compare, But as it stand beyond the zig zagging zombies that are hard to kill, the hackers, and many, many other bugs, Its foundations are good, I like the atmosphere, it has an edgy feel about it, its awkward to play which imo adds mores tension, simple things like getting items from your back pack or climbing over a wall add a sense of danger - And I like the fact you can break legs & arms etc

And I think they need to concentrate more and these features in the stand alone, I want my character to stop and bend down and open his back pack when I need something, If i need to eat or drink I need to stop and remove such items from my pack- this makes me feel vulnerable, A;so I like the fact there're some basic crafting in the game, like getting a few items that will enable you to start a fire and kill and cook wildlife, Cars, Buses and choppers to fix Oh and motorbikes and pushbikes to ride.

The maps of cherno feels realistic, the Real Virtuality 3 with all its failings and faults is awesome at drawing huge game boxes with massive draw distances, you truly get a massive sense of scale, as cranes and weird Russian buildings loom off in the distance.

WARZ - I'm not getting any immersion or emotions from this game at all, it feels crude and poorly done, the engine feels pretty simplistic , It can paint a pretty decent free to play game like WAR INC, But moving on to anything more than this seem out of its league, the maps feels someone claustrophobic, with overly tall tree's everywhere, its like they just used the same tree and left it on randomly generate for a week.

The map was going to be 400KM2 twice that of dayZ, but it now its down to 170, But it could be 200000KM2 and it wouldn't make any difference as you can never see the map for the tree, so you never get the feeling of scale. there are no drivable cars or wildlife to hunt, kill and cook, No weather cycles, apart from night and day - Its basically feels like a larger version of WARINC with a few random Zombies, and the zombies are more of an inconvenience than a threat All action are done on the fly- its just a quick key press and yopu eat or enter the bag screen all to simple. Also there's No wildlife, No hunting, No Vehicle not even a pushbike to laugh at as some random players cycles by- - imo its not a game to pay for but something you would get Free to play and have a few laughs with ya mates - its more of an PVP survival game -

The Illusionist WARZ And "The Prestige" DAYZ

Oh and to add : The Dead Linger which can prove it was in development before the others - is something to avoid for now, its in Alpha, But I would say its barely a proof of concept at the moment and rougher than a badger's ass
    Last edited by mmoc1b038f5651; 2012-11-04 at 09:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of your concerns Mosses are what im feeling, I still think its too early but there is no immersion in the game for me right now, love to see a bike, hear a dog bark etc right now its literately a dead world.

If your not getting a feel of immersion I think we may be playing different games, the audio in my opinion is great.

The only complaint I can give The War Z is it needs vehicles, crafting, animal hunting and weather. I would add more buildings to this but they already have this planned and are opening up more buildings on the map as the alpha/beta continues.

As for the same tree being used I really don't mind and don't see why this matters so much, I'm more concerned about the gameplay which I enjoy. Both games are great and I enjoy playing each with a group of friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I can tell you a few stories about my time playing DayZ and why its literally nothing like WarZ, I feel like WarZ is going down the L4D route a little more but heres why.

>In a large clan that goes around in groups of 20 helping players and hunting bandits - we have TS and half the members are ex military from USA so its fairly strict but still hilarious
    >Decide we need to form an alliance as the game wasnt getting better and people were leaving plus alliances = useful
    >Join up with few other clans - One known as a trading clan
    >This clan has a base set up at a random castle in the middle of nowhere which needs constant guarding and protection
    >Our clan goes in to provide that roll, we actually have to patrol the makeshift borders that were constructed with salvaged wirefences / sandbags ect
    >As players come to trade it doesnt matter what side they are on (bandit or surviver) everyone is on edge as they enter because this base and the guards / other players have the best gear imaginable making survival less of a chore
    >We herd the players into a safe zone out of sniper fire where 4 clan members initiate the trade between the other members that are forced to put their weapons down and sit (sort of like a middle man as trading in dayz is next to impossible)
    >Any sign of a threat and everyone gets moved to their areas
    >one guy tries to drive a car right through the blockade set up at the only entrance (basicly a suicide bomber)
    >About 400 bullets get shot into him before he reaches the door
    >lulz were had and we got a free car with just a few bullet holes in it#

IMO DayZ is less of a game, so much as it is an experience, this is all thanks to the Arma engine, and whilst we all pray for improvements and bug fixes its not as easy for a mod creator as it is for a game developer.
    Quite honestly you just made it sound like STALKER until the last 3 points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    If your not getting a feel of immersion I think we may be playing different games, the audio in my opinion is great.
    Or more likely were different people with brains wired differently so as such have a differing of opinion, or is your more opinion valid because its you :P

Heh, I really find it funny how people talk down DayZ saying "it's just a mod". Does a mod named "counter-strike" ring any bells? Eventually it became the number 1 FPS played both casually and competitively... Nevertheless, the developers of DayZ have been working on their standalone version of the game for quite a few months already, so that's where all the progress is going. Because of all this warz plagiarism bullshit, I'd say the developers of dayz have a damn good reason to keep quiet about their progress. DayZ standalone is said to be released in december so just chill out, wait for it and see for yourself which game do you prefer.

They say "don't judge a game based on the beta" and I'd say it applies twice as much to alphas lol. I know people are eager to go all "shut up and take my money!" but at this point giving away your dollars or euros isn't going to get you a working game as much as it will be just to support the devs so the real question is, which developer do you think deserves the support? I don't have to think twice to know my answer...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    Heh, I really find it funny how people talk down DayZ saying "it's just a mod". Does a mod named "counter-strike" ring any bells? Eventually it became the number 1 FPS played both casually and competitively... Nevertheless, the developers of DayZ have been working on their standalone version of the game for quite a few months already, so that's where all the progress is going. Because of all this warz plagiarism bullshit, I'd say the developers of dayz have a damn good reason to keep quiet about their progress. DayZ standalone is said to be released in december so just chill out, wait for it and see for yourself which game do you prefer.

They say "don't judge a game based on the beta" and I'd say it applies twice as much to alphas lol. I know people are eager to go all "shut up and take my money!" but at this point giving away your dollars or euros isn't going to get you a working game as much as it will be just to support the devs so the real question is, which developer do you think deserves the support? I don't have to think twice to know my answer...
    Are you saying DayZ isn't "just a mod"? Because that is exactly what it is. How can you compare a full game and a mod, and not use DayZ being a mod as a con? The fact that there is a stand-alone on development is irrelevant.
    WarZ is plagiarism bullshit and DayZ is completely original, I can see where your loyalties lie.

DayZ isn't an alpha, it's just a shitty mod. Alpha implies that the game is still in development and will eventually get finished.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

And this is the point where the thread gets closed. If you want to discuss either game, there are megathreads for each.