Poll: Would you like to see 2-3 more classes than new playable races in the next WoW expans

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have any ideas for a nice, UNIQUE new class?

Im personally thinking new talent specs. I.E tanking for warlocks, holy dps for priests, ect.

Makign a new race is a ton easier then a new class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Everyone always asking for this demon hunter class.
    WTF .. is a demon hunter. As a class I imagine a hunter, that instead of having animals has demons. So, a hunter - with warlock pets. Please - correct me if I'm wrong and the demon hunter "class" is amazingly new and a completely different theory..

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 01:37 PM ----------

Wow dude. I am not going to even say what everyone is thinking. Because if I do - I probably just got trolled hard.

ugh god, a demon hunter is a hunter... end of that discussion... the idiot who mentioned it probably didn't think things through completely.... All it takes is a new talent specc for this one, if even that since demon hunters are hunters. period.

Quote Originally Posted by Isoge View Post
    ugh god, a demon hunter is a hunter... end of that discussion... the idiot who mentioned it probably didn't think things through completely.... All it takes is a new talent specc for this one, if even that since demon hunters are hunters. period.
    wut? I am surprised that so many people don't know shit about what is Demon Hunter. Only class that are similar to DH currently is Warlock. Saying Rogue,warrior are the same as DH is like saying rogue and war are the same as enh shammy.

Deleted
    Rather spend the next expansion polishing what we have now, maybe 1 more class OR race the next, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why new classes when new specs would be a more obvious choice? You can diversify play-style starting from a solid base, and flavor wise you have all the already existing classes as a starting point, instead of just on class and three paths. Specs are more unique with the new streamlined approach, and the 3 specs per class rule has already been broken with druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    wut? I am surprised that so many people don't know shit about what is Demon Hunter. Only class that are similar to DH currently is Warlock. Saying Rogue,warrior are the same as DH is like saying rogue and war are the same as enh shammy.
    Even when saying that demon hunter is just a hunter is a gross generalization, it is true that the class might not be unique enough to warrant a new gameplay class. Though of course it couldn't be a spec for the hunter (cause seriously, besides both sharing "hunter" in their naming, there's nothing else alike) rogue would be the better choice for gameplay reasons, but Warlock kinda has a similar flavor as you put it.
    Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2012-11-03 at 07:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    New classes are nice, but they're a nightmare to balance and we're already seeing severe homogenization with the 11 classes we already have. What's the point of a new Demon Hunter class or Arch Mage or whatever if it's just a carbon copy of a Rogue or Mage or whatever? It's better to fully flesh out the classes we have. There's plenty to choose from already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Demon Hunter
    Not really. We have 3 lightly armored melee classes (Monk, rogue, cat feral), 3 heavily armored melee DPS classes (DK, warrior, pally) two of which use magic/magic-like effects. Then there's enh shaman. A demon hunter wouldn't really be that much different from a rogue/DK cross. And no, they're not like locks if you fought them outside BT... they're magic using melee basically.

Classes need to feel different in order to exist and that means you need to limit them and not have tiny differences. At this point Blizzard should stop creating new classes unless they can think of something that's really different from an existing class. Races don't have this issue - as long as they can concoct a good story for why a race is now playable (i.e. part of the Alliance/horde) then you can add races without really any negative impact.
    Last edited by clevin; 2012-11-03 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    New stuff is fun. Who cares about "balance" anyway? That's such a stuffy mindset. Ooh, it's not balanced. Who cares. The only place where balance really matters anything is competitive arena, and considering the fact that this is a game with 11 completely individual classes, it's about as balanced as it can realistically be expected.
    It matters in World PvP - it matters in BG's - it matters in PvE...all places where class balance issues leads to voluminous forum thread and copious amounts of qq about someone being over or under powered.

For the love of God - let's not make the nightmare of class balance any more complex than it already is.

Given the issues they have with balance right now, adding at least 2 would cause a nightmare...I would rather see blizz seperate pvp and pve ability wise, like now for death knights death strike will lose some of its healing in a pvp situation, instead of just blanket nerfing some classes why not add pvp differences. Its always pvp that bring about class nerfs (and usually its needed) but that then ruins some classes that enjoy pve

Basically have everything normal, but if you are in a battleground/arena or in combat with an enemy player, your abilities behave a little differently

Instead of adding new classes and races, I'd like to see new subraces and 4th new talent specs. I'm kinda tired of the same old animations and looks that the current races have, just give us subraces. Like give the orcs as subraces fel orc and brown orc, and the trolls jungle troll and forest troll.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Personally i would like more if they made long class quest chains like in Vanilia. With some decent trinket / ring for that class.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst idea in a very very long time.