Poll: Would you like to see 2-3 more classes than new playable races in the next WoW expans

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation 2-3 New classes instead of new playable races in the next expansion

Would you like to see 2-3 more classes instead of new playable races in the next WoW expansion? Vote in the poll. I think new playable races are meaningless, while WoW need some freshness so adding at least 2 new classes would be great.

Because the classes we have now are balanced...?

How about an expansion with neither new races or classes, and spend that development time updating the old models and balancing the current classes. i'd prefer that.

What kind of classes could you really put in that would really be different than what you have though?

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticturtle View Post
    Because the classes we have now are balanced...?
    How does that have anything to do with balance?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    What kind of classes could you really put in that would really be different than what you have though?
    Demon Hunter

Because class balance is currently easy......... sarcasm. I voted no.

You can only have so many variations of punching things, stabbing them, hitting them with a heavy blunt object, shooting something at them, or hurling magical bolts of energy at them. We're pretty close to that limit IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Demon Hunter
    I can names too but what I mean is that mechanically, how different can it really be from a rogue or warrior for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine how we'd balance 2 to 3 NEW classes

I'd say the background easily supports more classes. Game design however, does not. You could however implement aditional classes as mere optics.

EG: Make a Demon Hunter Class, that has exactly the same mechanics as a monk, but with all new effects. Instead of Roll, you get Demonic Dash, instead of Invoke Xuen, you get a shadowy Monster. Instead of a Jade Serpent Statur, you get a Sigil of unholy Regeneration. And so on.

Deleted
    No.
    They cant balance current classes with each other, never mind adding 2-3 new classes to the mix.

I don't think it needs either...11 classes with 3 spec each (4 with druid) is already pretty insane. I'd rather see updated models with perhaps more options in terms of customization and more flavor/balance with the existing 11 classes before adding anything else. Playable races aren't really a big deal once they are incorporated, though people will bitch about lore and all that...I'm happy with the already crazy amount of ones we have.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think WoW has hit the point where adding more Classes and Races to the game just makes things a mess.

New Classes always make things harder to balance and mean that Blizzard require larger to teams to balance them and design armour sets for them. But really it's just because it makes balancing harder when another class is added.

New Races inevitably lead to lack of story later down the line as they are typically not central to the faction due to their recent induction such as Blood Elves, Worgen and ofc Draenei of whom wind up staying idle for years on end. it also means new racials need balancing.

I think WoW Expansions now just need to focus on adding new content and mechanics along with other cool things for people to enjoy.

Deleted
    I really dont think you can expect Monks to be the last class to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    How about an expansion with neither new races or classes, and spend that development time updating the old models and balancing the current classes. i'd prefer that.
    That's what I prefer since some classes are either doing poor or beyond powerful in PvE and PvP still. Though updating the old models is optional for me, seeing them updated anyways would please certain people that want refreshed models.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    So much this. New classes take so much time and so many resources. Hell, Monk won't be nearly as tuned as it should be until the end of this expansion (Death Knights are proof of this). 2-3 classes? That's honest to god suicide in a game like this. It would almost instantly mean the next expansion would have the least content ever and the most unattractive zones possible. There's too much dev time in stuff like that.
    Bleh

If class balance is so bad atm (it isn't, did any of you play vanilla!?) what makes you think adding more classes would make it worse?

More classes please.

As much as i would love it, it comes with too much balance issues. And really, how different could any class they make really be at this point? I would love to see a ranger class (Hunter with no pet) but that could easily done by making 4th specs. (Also not such a good idea, and I dont think it would fit into wow format either.

Deleted
    Did you guys know that tottaly different people work on balancing classes, new classes and new races?

New stuff is fun. Who cares about "balance" anyway? That's such a stuffy mindset. Ooh, it's not balanced. Who cares. The only place where balance really matters anything is competitive arena, and considering the fact that this is a game with 11 completely individual classes, it's about as balanced as it can realistically be expected.