Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Battle Rez during CDs?

In the past few weeks, I've had a few instances of having just popped all my boomie cooldowns (Incarnation, NV, Troll Berserking and/or CA) and the raid suddenly needing a brez. Since my DPS is massively higher during those phases, I'm wondering whether it's better to wait and rez after, as long as a wipe isn't imminent. How do you guys handle that?

Nature's Swiftness -> instant battle ress -> carry on DPS
    or just a normal battle ress without NS, Don't leave someone dead for an extended period of time, cooldowns up or not!

I think that it's selfish to not use brez because your cooldowns are up. As long as the DPS requirement is being made for the boss and it's dying, it's okay that your DPS is being stopped temporarily. If you aren't beating enrage timers then I would suggest waiting or explaining to your guild that they should prioritize someone else's brez first as opposed to yours. I definitely would find it annoying, so I understand where you're coming from. Usually our resto druid will brez, unless it's on cooldown, in which case I rez unless someone calls "I got it." I will, with a frustrated groan and maybe a "god damnit stop dying for fuck's sake you moron", use my brez during cooldowns if it's necessary, but it doesn't usually happen to me.

I think it's best for the raid if you bress ASAP, even with your CDs running, especially if the dead player is a tank or a healer.

It's a matter of math. Rezzing takes you somewhat less than 1.5 seconds. If you're willing to wait 15 seconds until after your cds run out to rez someone, you better be able to do more damage during those 1.5 seconds than he will during those 15 he could've been up.

That means, for the mathematically impaired, you need to do 10 times as much dps as another person (during cooldowns) to delay the rez. Which isn't totally out of the question but definitely very rare.

On the other hand, there's nothing saying you can't make some other schmuck the rez bot.

Res them right away but by all means make them feel like shit about it :P
    Then again considering how much of our dps depends on cooldowns I would explain to your raid about it and have someone else res during this time if possible.

Deleted
    If it's a DPS and you do more DPS yourself during your CDs than you and that DPS would do together given the loss of CD duration, then you shouldn't.
    If it's a tank, ress him if he's needed within the duration of your CDs + ~10 seconds.
    If it's a healer, you should probably just ress regardless.

It's a matter of adjusting to the situation.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 02:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I will, with a frustrated groan and maybe a "god damnit stop dying for fuck's sake you moron"
    You sound like an awesome guy to raid with.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a LOT of brezzes around most of the time, with DK's and locks doing it now. I try to get them if its not a clutch moment for me, but unless hell has frozen over and there isn't at least one other brez around, I will let one of them pick it up.

I find it very funny the double standard that gets forced on druids. Every druid has felt it, you see someone vital,like a tank, die and instead of instantly picking them up you wait 2 seconds....and none of the dks or locks has done it either, and someone is yelling OMG BREZ THE TANK and you KNOW they are wondering why you didn't do it yet.

Anywho, just play it by ear, most of the time its a dps who doesn't know the fight anyways and they will get killed again as soon as the boss does what he just did to kill them the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no clue how much your CD's increase your dps as a Boomkin but me, as a Feral, would rather spend my time DPS'ing instead of ressing someone while Berserk, Incarnation, NV, Tiger's Fury and/or trinket is up. I mean, in those 15-30 seconds you do twice the dps (at least, might be more) that you do without them.

Not to mention, more than enough classes can battle-ress nowadays.

Your dps < dead dps, or dead anybody usually
    But ya, its 1.5 seconds of your cds, 2-3 seconds if you gotta find where the person died. I'm in a 10m, usually we have multiple people who can rez. So its whoever is available first, calls out im rezing and he/she rez the dead.

is the dead person going to do more dps in the time they had to wait, than you would of in that 1.5 secs (or whatever the cast time is)?

yes, easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    I have no clue how much your CD's increase your dps as a Boomkin but me, as a Feral, would rather spend my time DPS'ing instead of ressing someone while Berserk, Incarnation, NV, Tiger's Fury and/or trinket is up. I mean, in those 15-30 seconds you do twice the dps (at least, might be more) that you do without them.

You can always just use your PS to instant brez. But I agree, a lot of people have the ability to brez these days.

I know my self being a Raid Leader know when I call out when to Brez I want it out ASAP but then again it is not an issue since we run 3 Druids (Im the Bear) and also have a DK so it isnt really a big issue in my group.

Deleted
    Two dpsers tend to be more efficient than just one, the answer is quite obvious if you do the maths

It probably depends on who you need to rez. If it's a good player that you need to kill the boss... definitely. But if it's a baddie who will probably just die again, I wouldn't even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltneu View Post
    Two dpsers tend to be more efficient than just one, the answer is quite obvious if you do the maths
    I hadn't actually done the math, but on a couple fights I'm top dps, and I made the thread because our lowest dps died, and I had cooldowns and lust, which he would have missed out on (not too mention I had to run a bit across the room to reach him, which was partly my fault for being on the outside). It seems like my DPS really blows up during cooldowns, so I was curious if it was enough total raid DPS to be worth waiting. However, even if there is enough of a DPS differential, it probably is a really bad habit to get into, and definitely not worth the possibility of fostering bad feelings. Unfortunately we only have a DK tank as the other rez option, unless I want to give symbiosis to our holy pally (I'm really liking AMS).

There was a good point about NS, which I had macroed to HT and forgot existed. That probably pretty much solves this problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post

This is just so wrong. During those cooldowns you will have ps procs ready (means instant ress from cat form) and all you'd be able to do is one more ravage for about 160-210k damage if it's in the beginning of the fight. As long as you dont have something like tiger's fury and an agi trinket proc running out and have not applied rip... [shouldnt happen] you should cast the ress immedeately. If you do you can apply rip and then ress afterwards. Dont wait something like 30 seconds for ressing somebody cause you have your cooldowns up. A single gcd (or 1.5 sec as moonkin) does not mean a giant difference in dps. -karl

Quote Originally Posted by Tibeus View Post
    I know my self being a Raid Leader know when I call out when to Brez I want it out ASAP but then again it is not an issue since we run 3 Druids (Im the Bear) and also have a DK so it isnt really a big issue in my group.
    Please, never make the DK do it if you have 3 Druids. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    If a raid leader told me to battle res someone, I would do it. The raid leader is ultimately responsible for what goes on in a raid, and if you have a decent one they can call whether to ress now or later etc.

Personally, I would not bitch about losing personal dps whilst performing any other task if asked by the raid leader, whether battle ressing, interrupting, decursing etc. If your damage is lower, they will also know why.
    When someone asks, “What is best in life?” there’s only one answer: “To crush the newbs, see them driven before me, and read their lamentations on the forums” - Lylirra

For me it depends on the person that died. If they died while standing in stupid then they can wait, however if it is one of the top dps who took aggro for a second and was unfortunate the rez goes out immediately. Everything depends upon the circumstances.