Deleted

World of Logs question

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/im1a0...?s=8060&e=8452

Hey guys, basically this is last nights attempts at Vizier. For the overall night I beat my fellow rogue. I play as Esmé btw. However, the two last tries, my fellow Rogue literally blew me out of the water in terms of DPS he put it down to focusing more, I don't know.

But the parse I linked you can clearly see I'm near 20k dps or somthing stupid by the end of the fight.

I don't know if you can see an exact combat log, I.E What skill was used and exactly what time during the fight if you know what I mean.

Can anyone see why exactly I wasn't performing as well towards the end of the night? Also he opens ALOT higher than me on the fights, I generally caught up and over-take as the fight progresses and I don't believe he has any on use trinkets.

Thanks guys <3

For the specific fight you linked:

The other rogue is prepotting, has an extra Vendetta, and has an extra Shadow Blades. His Rupture, SnD, and Envenom uptimes are also better.

Some things you can do:
    Prepot
    Use CDs on CD for the most part
    Put up SnD faster; use as few CPs as possible
    Put Rupture up immediately no matter how many CPs you have
    Don't clip Envenom and always use 5CP Envenoms

You can game Anticipation for 5CP Ruptures and Envenoms always after the opener. Use your cooldowns as often as you can until you're down to the last use in the fight. At that point, use SB <35% because it doubles the CP gen of Dispatch, while it's only a 50% increase for Mut. I always line up my last Vendetta with my last SB too.

It also looked like at the beginning of the night he was not doing a good job avoiding mechanics and his dps would drop off for short periods. By the end of the night he had figured out how to keep up his DPS. He appears to track higher than you in general, does he have better gear (esp. weapons) by chance?

And yeah, he got off extra procs than you did. You can view when you/him cast particular buffs/debuffs by clicking your name in the log, going to "Buffs Gained" or "Buffs Cast" tab and hitting the # next to the spell you want to view.

Two other things I didn't see mentioned:
    #1 He has dancing steel on both weapons
    #2 He used feint 5 times where as you used it 11 times

On top of what others said already, you can't really compete against a normal mode dagger when you have a raid finder one. Just the MH weapon alone makes it that some of his skills will make way more dmg than yours. Every ability he was using was doing more dmg than yours. If you have the gold you should probably put Dancing Steel on your MH.

Also I noticed that Promm is 600 eng but he's not using his belt bomb, you should let him know about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Madcaptn View Post
    Also I noticed that Promm is 600 eng but he's not using his belt bomb, you should let him know about that.
    Did they take bombs off the potion cooldown?

If we're giving tips to the other guy, don't open with Garrote. It's not good anymore since VW no longer stacks. Open with Mut.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-11-03 at 08:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Did they take bombs off the potion cooldown?

If we're giving tips to the other guy, don't open with Garrote. It's not good anymore since VM no longer stacks. Open with Mut.
    on the contrary opening with garrote allows you to get snd rolling quite nicely before applying rupture.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    on the contrary opening with garrote allows you to get snd rolling quite nicely before applying rupture.
    Yes, but you are still delaying your far superior rupture. You can open with mut and get both rupture and snd up before your garrote even ticks.

Just going to reiterate what pretty much everyone here has said.

For one your gear and the weapon enchants are a few thousand dps. Since he has Dancing Steel and is pre-potting, his opener is stronger with all the trinket procs and +1600 buffs he gets.

You did miss a vendetta and your rupture, envenom uptimes are lower than his

I would recommend a better opener take mine: Pre-pot, Stealth, CoS the gas in the middle to not break your stealth, mutilate(or Ambush), SnD, mutilate, rupture,Shadow Blades + Vendetta, 4-5 cp envenom. From here follow the regular rotation rupture uptime>Envenom.

Have a way to track Envenoms (power auras) and pool your energy to get enough mutilates in between to benefit from the buff. You want to refresh Envenoms at 0 seconds left on the buff, don't be afraid to get a mutilate or two of anticipation cps during high energy regen(hero/haste proc trinket/high rupture energy ticks) while you wait for the envenom buff to get to 0. Also use Vanish on cd for a energy free mutilate or ambush.

Deleted
    Very odd, I believe I pre-potted every fight? Though WoL don't show this - how annoying. Do you guys wait till Heroism for the second pot? or not, as that's what I was doing so some attempts may only show 1 pot, but thats the prepot not the fight pot.

And ah nice trick on the gas, didn't try using CLOS to not break stealth.

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Very odd, I believe I pre-potted every fight? Though WoL don't show this - how annoying. Do you guys wait till Heroism for the second pot? or not, as that's what I was doing so some attempts may only show 1 pot, but thats the prepot not the fight pot.

And ah nice trick on the gas, didn't try using CLOS to not break stealth.

Thanks guys.
    I wait till hero/lust which is either at he very end meaning I can safely delay cooldowns to stack with it, or we do it on the pull and I generally put when my V/SB combo has the cooldowns line back up (due to the fight length, most fights they resync at 35% or less).

They are wrong about your pot btw. On the kill you had 49 seconds of potion uptime. That is clearly a prepot and an in combat pot. Now he somehow got credited with 2 potion uses which means he somehow used it after WoL determined the fight started yet it didn't block his second potion... less than 1 second difference on potion uptime between you two.

Err nevermind on Vendetta, it seems he got in an extra 5 seconds at the end of the fight. While nice, it still isn't really an extra use of Vendetta like people had been saying though.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2012-11-03 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wave0803 View Post
    Just going to reiterate what pretty much everyone here has said.

For one your gear and the weapon enchants are a few thousand dps. Since he has Dancing Steel and is pre-potting, his opener is stronger with all the trinket procs and +1600 buffs he gets.

You did miss a vendetta and your rupture, envenom uptimes are lower than his

I would recommend a better opener take mine: Pre-pot, Stealth, CoS the gas in the middle to not break your stealth, mutilate(or Ambush), SnD, mutilate, rupture,Shadow Blades + Vendetta, 4-5 cp envenom. From here follow the regular rotation rupture uptime>Envenom.

Have a way to track Envenoms (power auras) and pool your energy to get enough mutilates in between to benefit from the buff. You want to refresh Envenoms at 0 seconds left on the buff, don't be afraid to get a mutilate or two of anticipation cps during high energy regen(hero/haste proc trinket/high rupture energy ticks) while you wait for the envenom buff to get to 0. Also use Vanish on cd for a energy free mutilate or ambush.
    If you have anticipation, you should be aiming for 5cp only envenoms. We dont have to worry about the potentially wasted CP anymore, which is why 4CP was acceptable before.