Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Well I also find it very suspicious that literally nobody is streaming it nor are any youtubers playing it. I checked totalbiscuit, pewdiepie and darksydephil and nope, no dreamfall videos at all, and they play any old crap such as five nights at freddies. Where there's smoke there's fire ... since the people "in the know" (professional streamers/gamers) are purposefully avoiding this game, all signs point to it being bad beyond belief.
    maybe I'm wrong but I don't think the adventure game genre is a popular one for streaming. things like RPGs and shooters there's lots of different ways to do different things and many of them can look quite impressive, the streams are sort of like a gamers action movie. adventure games though are no fun at all to watch, it's the solving of the puzzles that's fun, if you just watch somebody else play then there's nothing to discover in the game for yourself. sure, you can get the story, but most people who enjoy the genre love the puzzles as much as the stories and characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    maybe I'm wrong but I don't think the adventure game genre is a popular one for streaming. things like RPGs and shooters there's lots of different ways to do different things and many of them can look quite impressive, the streams are sort of like a gamers action movie. adventure games though are no fun at all to watch, it's the solving of the puzzles that's fun, if you just watch somebody else play then there's nothing to discover in the game for yourself. sure, you can get the story, but most people who enjoy the genre love the puzzles as much as the stories and characters
    Adventure games are also story heavy watching a stream would mean basically spoiling the game, the puzzles and all that stuff.
    It makes absolutely no sense to stream an adventure game.

I'm a big fan of the first game. Not such a big fan of the second and it seems it looks like the second game.
    The mouse is horrible, I mean why not give me a cursor. World feels very closed to me aswell.

Perv side is though, Zoë looks very good.

Anyways, I keep hoping for a game that looks like Syberia ( 1 and 2 ) and The Longhest Journey 1. Seems this isn't it. Although I'll play a bit longer to give it a fair chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrakt View Post
    Anyways, I keep hoping for a game that looks like Syberia ( 1 and 2 ) and The Longhest Journey 1. Seems this isn't it. Although I'll play a bit longer to give it a fair chance.
    Well they will be making The Longest Journey Home eventually, which will be a 2D point and click adventure game like the first which focuses on April's journey between TLJ and Dreamfall. Really wish they did that one first, as I too preferred the first one, but as long as it ends up existing, I'll be happy.

Deleted
    eh syberia is one of my favourite adventure games ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Well they will be making The Longest Journey Home eventually, which will be a 2D point and click adventure game like the first which focuses on April's journey between TLJ and Dreamfall. Really wish they did that one first, as I too preferred the first one, but as long as it ends up existing, I'll be happy.
    Oh this sounds interesting indeed, I'll have to keep my eye open for this one.

And oh, Sanitarium was a great game too. Although not at the same level.
    I just miss this genre I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Well they will be making The Longest Journey Home eventually, which will be a 2D point and click adventure game like the first which focuses on April's journey between TLJ and Dreamfall.
    minor correction, it's April's journey from the end of TLJ through to Dreamfall and beyond. whether or not she appears in Dreamfall Chapters is, as far as I'm aware, still unconfirmed, but either way her story won't be fully resolved until TLJH. I actually like that they're doing it this way round, the series started with April and it feels appropriate to end there too

10+ Year Old Account
    Bumping this to point out the second chapter is out.

Sorry for necro, i just finished TLJ the other day and tried Dreamfall TLJ yesterday but that ever moving camera caused me to feel sick, i had to quit game and sit on the couch for a while... does dreamfall chapters have a better cam? Can i play it without having played part2?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what you mean by better, there are gameplay videos out there, you do have control of the camera.

You can play the chapter game without the others, personally i can't remember much from the others since it's so far behind without going into spoilers the big lines stay the same sometimes you get reference back to other characters of import but they are actually explained.

Several chapters are now out with one more to go i believe, the game has also been converted to a better engine what means less load times and better performance overal.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Not sure what you mean by better
    A camera that works like wow or any other 3rd person non-isometric rpg

Edit: my gtx580 died last week and it looks like i'll have to wait for gtx970 to play properly, onboard gpu can't handle the game
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2016-02-15 at 09:01 PM.
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally! The work week is over. I've been excited all damn week for this. Book 5 here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Finally! The work week is over. I've been excited all damn week for this. Book 5 here I come!
    By the balance!
    I have played it tomorrow
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©