Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

A New Class in Future Expac ?

So we have 11 classes all together right now
    - 3 Cloth Classes (Warlock, Priest, and Mage)
    - 3 Leather Classes ( Druid, Rogue, Monk)
    - 2 Mail Classes( Shaman & Hunter)
    - 3 PLate Classes ( DK, Paladin, Warrior)

We have 4 Tokens set for Classes
    Vanquisher- (Druid, Mage, Rogue, DeathKnight)
    Protector- ( Warrior, Shaman, Hunter, Monk)
    Conqueror- (Priest, Paladin, Warlock)

Idk, maybe i am crazy but i feel like Blizz has intended for 12 total classes and i feel we are missing a 3rd mail class. 1st i looked at the Conqueror token and noticed pallies and priest are Holy and locks are demonic, so i thought maybe Demon Hunter mail class as another Demonic. But then i realized i couldnt make the same comparison to the other tokens.

Sot tell me what u guess think, u think it makes sense to see a 3rd mail class and another class in the Conqueror token list, and if so what. Another caster Mail class, a pure dps class that shares Agi mail with shamans and hunters, or another hybrid class, we is 5 healers and 5 tanks enought or should we have 6 of each out of the 12 classes. Do u even think this makes sense or is Monk the last and we dont need more classes? Tell me some Lore all i can come up with is a Demon Hunter Mail wearer either Pure dps class or a Tank dps class released with whenever they wanna do a Burning Legion Expac maybe? Thats my guess =)

I can imagine them putting demon hunters in mail armor from the looks of this.,

(Or making a dragon based class since a demon hunter is basically a variation of warlock.)

Deleted
    Tinker fits that "12th slot" better IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    Tinker fits that "12th slot" better IMHO.
    How does turning a profession into a class fit into anything? Just gona take engineering abilities, juice them up and make them signature moves for this new class? I can't see it being compelling, interesting or taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I can imagine them putting demon hunters in mail armor from the looks of this.,

(Or making a dragon based class since a demon hunter is basically a variation of warlock.)
    No, they are not. Demon Hunters are not a variation of any other class. They are their own class. People need to stop saying things that are false only to be accepted as fact by the ignorant masses.

OT: Demon Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    No, they are not. Demon Hunters are not a variation of any other class. They are their own class. People need to stop saying things that are false only to be accepted as fact by the ignorant masses.

OT: Demon Hunters
    To be fair, when it comes down to game play and game mechanics, making a demon hunter a fourth spec for a warlock works a lot better than jamming it into the current class lineup and trying to have it not be a hybridised version of a warlock, death knight or rogue with a few "signature" moves. When it comes down to the gameplay aspect, lots of "unique classes" are variations of the playable class. Beast Masters and Rangers are an example of two distinct classes rolled into the Hunter class and manifested in BM and SV specs, respectively. The reason necromancers don't get their own class is because a Death Knight, as far as gameplay is concerned, is a necromancer, specifically unholy spec.

Deleted
    Frankly I think we have enough classes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    How does turning a profession into a class fit into anything? Just gona take engineering abilities, juice them up and make them signature moves for this new class? I can't see it being compelling, interesting or taken seriously.
    Tinker is not a crafting profession, it's a class which utilises heavy technology and machinery - which probably could be crafted by engineers, like a paladin's mace is crafted by blacksmith. The core of the class could very well be a mech-suit that either boosts your survivability or damage (depending on spec) and the core weapon be guns.

Deleted
    Tinker is not a crafting profession, it's a class which utilises heavy technology and machinery - which probably could be crafted by engineers, like a paladin's mace is crafted by blacksmith. The core of the class could very well be a mech-suit that either boosts your survivability or damage (depending on spec) and the core weapon be guns.
    Err no... Let's keep mecha robot suits to manga

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Err no... Let's keep mecha robot suits to manga
    But they're already in the lore. Cf. goblin shredders or gnomish mechs in Gnomereggan. The only thing that prevents us from using them is they're a perfect fit for a potential tinker class which isn't in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wish people would just cut this demon hunter shit out already. simply put, it wouldnt be unique enough compared to existing classes. a bard on the other hand, would be a great fit and unlike any other class in game.

Demon Hunter and as a Hero Class.

To be fair, when it comes down to game play and game mechanics, making a demon hunter a fourth spec for a warlock works a lot better than jamming it into the current class lineup and trying to have it not be a hybridised version of a warlock, death knight or rogue with a few "signature" moves. When it comes down to the gameplay aspect, lots of "unique classes" are variations of the playable class. Beast Masters and Rangers are an example of two distinct classes rolled into the Hunter class and manifested in BM and SV specs, respectively. The reason necromancers don't get their own class is because a Death Knight, as far as gameplay is concerned, is a necromancer, specifically unholy spec.
    This is why I highly support a dragonsworn or any dragon flight-based class.

I do agree, there are shared mechanics between Warlocks and Demon Hunters, but who's to say that Blizzard can't come up with new ones? Not every mechanic in game is from the older games, but a lot of them are. I can't really see Demon Hunter being a spec, as their way of becoming a Demon Hunter is ritualized, in comparison to a mage deviating into dark magics to become a Warlock. There is also the fact that they would be a cloth-wearing melee spec as a Warlock spec. That sounds somewhat disastrous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    i wish people would just cut this demon hunter shit out already. simply put, it wouldnt be unique enough compared to existing classes. a bard on the other hand, would be a great fit and unlike any other class in game.
    That too is a good idea. Before people jump on "buffer/debuffer won't work in WoW" - who says WoW bard has to be identical to D&D bard? As long as it's a dude using magical music to reinforce his fighting skills, it's a bard. I imagine a WoW bard to be a very mobile caster with a lot instant cast spells or spells that can be cast while moving (songs) - doing damage or healing with them.

Deleted
    But they're already in the lore. Cf. goblin shredders or gnomish mechs in Gnomereggan. The only thing that prevents us from using them is they're a perfect fit for a potential tinker class which isn't in game.
    They're constructed machines used for labour

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 10:15 PM ----------

Personally I never found Demon Hunter class remotely interesting, just another DK esq class

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    They're constructed machines used for labour
    And combat. You end up fighting with most of them and they're fully combat equipped. There's nothing standing in the way of a class using guns, bombs and explosives (and alchemy to borrow from another Goblin WC3 unit) to sit inside a mech-suit and pound on enemies with giant sawblades or industrial claw-hands. It also ends up creating automatically a lot of unique mechanics (think "steam" and "heat" - as you use up steam, you build up heat which you have to vent to maintain full operation), which makes it a prime candidate.

Tinker = a sub-section of your engineering spellbook. It'd be the profession of engineering turned into a class; incredibly redundant and ghastly to balance.

I do agree, there are shared mechanics between Warlocks and Demon Hunters, but who's to say that Blizzard can't come up with new ones? Not every mechanic in game is from the older games, but a lot of them are. I can't really see Demon Hunter being a spec, as their way of becoming a Demon Hunter is ritualized, in comparison to a mage deviating into dark magics to become a Warlock. There is also the fact that they would be a cloth-wearing melee spec as a Warlock spec. That sounds somewhat disastrous.
    They could, but we already have boatloads of class homogenisation already. Classes distinction is rapidly becoming flavour, adding another class would need to be more than just flavour to have merit and meaning, beyond more competition for the tier token they are stuck on. Monks filled a very different role, unique animations, unique playstyle, everything is literally hands and feet, not weapon based. They do feel different from other classes, to a degree. As far as cloth wearing melee spec, that's easily remedied. Specing into demon hunter grants you the ability to parry (scaling with whatever primary stat is used) and passive +20% dodge and 450% increase in armour contribution (puts it around Mail's armour rating) from all items.

Deleted
    Tinker = a sub-section of your engineering spellbook. It'd be the profession of engineering turned into a class; incredibly redundant and ghastly to balance.
    So paladins or warriors are a sub-section of your blacksmithing spellbook, right? Because blacksmiths create hammers and swords, just like engineers create guns and bombs to be used by tinkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    That too is a good idea. Before people jump on "buffer/debuffer won't work in WoW" - who says WoW bard has to be identical to D&D bard? As long as it's a dude using magical music to reinforce his fighting skills, it's a bard. I imagine a WoW bard to be a very mobile caster with a lot instant cast spells or spells that can be cast while moving (songs) - doing damage or healing with them.
    thats in a nutshell how i see a bard working too. can even have them wearing mail armor too so that 3 classes use mail just like 3 classes use every other armor type.