Poll: The Mantid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    Yes wakener?
    Krkrkrkrkrkr

10+ Year Old Account
    They are awfully great. I hope we find out more about their history, specifically if they are descendants of the mysterious aqir. Love me some bug races.

that speech that's given when you reach exalted is just epic. they are by far the most awesome race/faction in the expansion
    Last edited by ashybawls; 2012-11-03 at 07:29 AM.
    Casual.

The Klaxxi gave me an entire zone of storytelling, and political and social intrigue.

The Pandaren gave me six zones of vegetable picking and an offensive Tibetan stereotype.

10+ Year Old Account
    love the mantid, best race and love "your gods are not your gods" epic race

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I love the Mantid, it is sad that I cannot see any way for them to stay relevant after MoP ends.
    They have some pretty heavy ties with the old gods, to the point that they say they will fight with them when they return. So that's definitely an angle they can use to make em relevant again.

The klaxxi are fantastic, I can't get enough of them, I couldn't wait for Heart of Fear and down their Empress.

..Thankfully I never raided in Vanilla, though, because I loathe AQ, and Silithus has never been my favourite place either.

I guess the difference here is we get some actual insight in the mantids, as opposed to just fighting them, loot, and move on.

Idd, can't wait for my Wakener title.

It's literally the only aspect of all of MoP that I like.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I hope all the Klaxxi get killed by Shek'zeer's armies.
    Seriously... i've gone through all the quests, reached exalted, witnessed the secret of Klaxxi'vess and all they can say is:

-"What makes you think i'll sell something to you?"
    -"Feed my Kunchong or i'll make sure he eats you"
    -"YOU ARE EXPENDABLE"
    Screw them already. I'd have loved Azjol-nerub to be a zone, a faction, something more than two istances. But mantids...
    Dailies make you hate the story. Dailies are bad. Fuck dailies.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I think they are a bit too humanoid compared to the Silithid and Nerubians, but I still like them. Some nice refreshing lore from all the pandas.

The only reason i like klaxxi dailies more then shado pan and golden lotus is because Unstable Serum. That shit is so good.

love the faction and soon the title the wakener cant' wait to deliever some revenge in HoF

Deleted
    I'm not really big fan of bug people, but Klaxxi is still one of the most interesting factions in MoP. One reason for this is that i'm playing enha shaman now and Raining Blood buff is just OP for them... lolz. Would go for the Wakener achi in next patch too, but i'm fairly sure it needs some raid shits too (like Shado-Pan version) so no title for me.

Btw, Dread wastes is ugliest area in Pandaria. I know it is meant to be depressing and all that shit because of sha blah blah, but it's still just ugly. Always hated blue areas (Dread Wastes, Deepholme, Netherstorm... ugh).

10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies make you hate the story. Dailies are bad. Fuck dailies.
    Daaailieeeeess! *Raises fists*

Was bothered by them adding another insect race; too much like the Qiraji and Nerubians.

But after completing the Dread Wastes zone, I'm completely sold on this race. I have never been this excited about new lore in WoW over my seven years of playing - And I consider myself a lore buff.

Blizzard should be credited for this.

I hope they take it further, and into the next tier.

I've mentioned that I've had issues with gathering the motivation to work on my Klaxxi dailies elsewhere, but one thing I have to say for insectoid races of the Azeroth universe, they make absolutely gorgeous structures. I love flying over mantid settlements, it just does a fantastic job of setting a tone for the zone as a whole, and the species in particular.

The hive mind(set), while not unique, is well portrayed, even in the little I've managed to experience. The insectoid species all have a very attractive sort of cohesion, putting the well being of their kind before the well being of the individual. When the leader goes wacky that's obviously bad, but the Klaxxi show that even the hive is intelligent enough to have created a system of repair should things go wrong.

I'm still not a fan of the sound of their wings. They talk down to me and treat me like dirt... but they call me Wakener. I actually like the term Wakener. I hope they move their story forward beyond freaking dailies. I want to see the landscape change, I want to see them get everything squared away and begin rebuilding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    The only reason i like klaxxi dailies more then shado pan and golden lotus is because Unstable Serum. That shit is so good.
    Best zone buff ever, even though Master of Puppets is awesome due to allowing controlling nearly anything in the zone. Plus the name, can never have enough Metallica. With that said...

All hail Kil'ruk the Wind Reaver. First of the awakened paragons, and for me, the most awesome of them.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-11-03 at 11:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Best zone buff ever, even though Master of Puppets is awesome due to allowing controlling nearly anything in the zone. Plus the name, can never have enough Metallica. With that said...

All hail Kil'ruk the Wind Reaver. First of the awakened paragons, and for me, the most awesome of them.
    Im not sure if its Kil'ruk the Wind Reaver, but I love the mantid that comes flying from the sky and cleaves/poisons your opponents.

This is the best npc race Blizzard has ever created for Warcraft along with naga. Their history and culture is so expensive and interesting. I really want Blizz to make warcraft RTS with mantid. That would be sick. I like that Blizzard can also create new lore with out back story from WC3.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2012-11-03 at 01:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely my favourite of the new races. You know you're dealing with a different sort of ally when their first instinct is to say, "Yeah okay, thanks for the help. I'll just bisect your head here, and we'll be golden..."

They have a strong personality (something even some playable races lack), they do things in their own way. I love how they consider every other race as inferior when their swarm hasn't ever succeded. It's like an ant yelling at you.