Deleted

Making healing manageable on Garalon + stacking

Hello. Yesterday we cruised through the first two bosses in HoF, but got stuck on Garalon.

I would just like to ask how to best two-heal this fight? How is stacking possible in this fight, with you needing to kill the legs asap, the boss turning all the time because of the pheromone people running around and while also needing to not get hit by his cone attack? Where would the best possible spot be for stacking? Thanks.

Would it be advisable for ranged dps to try to get advantage of the weak spot debuff? Or would it be better if they just didnt care about it? Any other tips regarding this encounter are also hugely appreciated

With the nerf, you don't need more than 1-2 cleavers to beat it. Additionally, we 3 healed it prenerf. Our mistweaver and disc took advantage of the legs to increase their damage healing. I think our R drood DPSed at the beginning with HotW too. Anyone hitting legs should always be in the weak spot, otherwise it's exactly the same as just hitting the boss. You should save as many legs as possible for cleavers, as this will increase your raid's overall DPS more than instantly killing legs as they pop. Just don't leave too many up or the boss will move more quickly than you'd like.

If you can't beat it with 3 healers postnerf, you should probably just farm up some more gear. Going down to 2 healers isn't the answer.

We 3 healed it. While it was after the hotfix our kill time would actually have been a kill with a 6 min enrage as well.

After the hotfix, aslong as you have cleavers, dps should not be an issue at all while 3 healing. It is definatly possible to 3 heal without cleavers as well, but then your dps needs to be decent.

We only had 1 cleaver and 3 healed and killed it in 7 minutes. This was knowing we had 2 more minutes and just focused on mechanics instead of max dps. I think we 2 shot it.

Quote Originally Posted by defer09 View Post
    We only had 1 cleaver and 3 healed and killed it in 7 minutes. This was knowing we had 2 more minutes and just focused on mechanics instead of max dps. I think we 2 shot it.
    The enrage is 7 minutes, not 9. Unless they changed it again. But my group 3 healed it with only 1 cleaver and we killed it in 7 minutes easily.

Quote Originally Posted by reohh View Post
    The enrage is 7 minutes, not 9. Unless they changed it again. But my group 3 healed it with only 1 cleaver and we killed it in 7 minutes easily.
    I'm pretty sure the enrage is 8 minutes. I meant 2 MORE minutes from what it was the night before.

Quote Originally Posted by defer09 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the enrage is 8 minutes. I meant 2 MORE minutes from what it was the night before.
    They added 1m to enrage, not 2m. 8m enrage would be stupidly easy. We killed it in 5:36.