Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Making gold is hard? I without putting in any kind of real effort can easily make 10-20k without actively playing the AH simply through the AH. Making gold isn't hard, it would get hard if everyone would be trying to actually cash in on the auction house, most people don't.

Making large ammounts of gold currently is incredible easy. I got more then I'm ever going to need and could easily buy my entrance into the brawler guild and still think the current system is beyond idiotic and has to be changed before it goes live.

If I were to give you only 5k and 2 random shitty professions on a server with no high-level alts or guild, where you do not know anyone, would you still do it that easily as you claim it is?

Rich getting richer is no new concept at all, and seriously, you make it sounds a lot easier than it is. It requires quite the bit of time investment on my server at least, I don't know how silly easily you yourself make money on your server, but that doesn't go for the average player.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Good! Eventually the prices will drop to make them accessible for everyone, and until then it will be a huge gold sink for the people/guilds that have too much money and could otherwise ruin the server general economy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    People who want everything handed to them "because they pay a monthly fee" just ruin this game. Selfish? Why? I put the time in so I should get something. Selfish is when you complain complain and complain about things you can not get in a vidoegame and let them change it so everyone who does want to play more or put in some more effort has to log out because there is nothing left to do for them while still paying the same money on the fee as you..

You won't be able to put any time in it if is gated behind other players hoarded money or or other players' will to buy goldsellers money.

Is everything about acces. You pay same money / month , we must have acces to the same content.

After we both have the acces I agree with you , the one investing more time or being more skilled should be able to finish it , or finish it first
    But as long as we pay the same money / month the acces to content is mandatory .

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Are you serious? The forums are FOR FEEDBACK. Just wow. This change is on the PTR. The REASON we have a PTR is for testing. In order for us to vocalize our unhappiness with the change you are SUPPOSED to go to the forums. You don't write in to customer service to get things changed in the testing phase.

/facepalm
    Wow so much hostility! And so much not actually reading what people are posting, Go back have a read through all my posts again and try and comprehend some of it!

I wasn't specifically talking about PTR feedback, but general complaints. And if you had read my posts you would see that I did not say complaints and feedback are bad, its the way that people go about it that is bad. /facepalm

Being respectful and constructive = yes
    Act like a twat = no
    And that goes for PTR feedback also. No need to be a jerk about something you don't like!

Guess I am wasting time on you guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    If I were to give you only 5k and 2 random shitty professions on a server with no high-level alts or guild, where you do not know anyone, would you still do it that easily as you claim it is?

Rich getting richer is no new concept at all, and seriously, you make it sounds a lot easier than it is. It requires quite the bit of time investment on my server at least, I don't know how silly easily you yourself make money on your server, but that doesn't go for the average player.
    5k is plenty to get started, unlearn those professions and find something worthwhile, smaller servers are actually easier as there's less competition and thus higher prices. My server is 95% horde, alliance auction house is expensive as hell. You can pretty much double and at times add an 0 to anything from the horde auction house.
    A single stack of cobalt that's highly in demand by several professions can go up to 500 gold for example. Flasks are expensive as hell and so are the new cooking materials. Jade squash sells between 200-500 gold for 20 on a high population server. Many people don't know about it and are quite willing to sell them to you for a tenth of that price because they think they're making great many on the side that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's not BMAH only invites, however if it is I'll be patient as I'll get one eventually (the more people that buy invites the cheaper it'll get or better yet, hopefully a guildie buys one and invites me for free).

Pff don't complain about that its only to get the heirloom fist and some crap, some of you are associating this with raid being locked unless you spend Kgs but if you didn't notice raid give gear and is freely opened to everyone, Guild give nothing and is not opened to everyone, let us keep something special for people who wanna put effort and give prestige to them, wow as nothing prestigious remaining because of whinners. You're all just over exgerating on this. Oh and it's a private club the idea from what I believe comes from the movie fight club, listen to it and you'll find blizz standing on this more acceptable.
    Last edited by Kazmodius; 2012-11-05 at 03:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eventually, someone you know will get an invite, then invite you.

People are quitting for this?

I am glad those types are leaving.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    Eventually, someone you know will get an invite, then invite you.

People are quitting for this?

I am glad those types are leaving.
    Blizzard likely also has stats on how much gold is currently in the economy and they're probably looking for ways of draining it. Most people I know have 50k+ just sitting around with nothing to use it on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Making gold is hard? I without putting in any kind of real effort can easily make 10-20k without actively playing the AH simply through the AH. Making gold isn't hard, it would get hard if everyone would be trying to actually cash in on the auction house, most people don't.
    -_-

Just can't believe how some of the answers are written at times.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread sounds like just a bunch of complaining whiners. "oh i cant get into content on the very first day / second / milisecond that its released, im canceling my sub" This is quite hilarious and if you feel this way, you really need to re-examine why you even play this game.

Blizzard is making the correct move by making some things exclusive to higher end players. Not all the casual and scrub baddies should be able to access everything in the game. Period.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it goes live this way - I suggest we create stigma against people with Brawler's guild achievements. Like vote-kicking them from LFD/LFR. Denying them invite in a pug, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazmodius View Post
    , let us keep something special for people who wanna put effort and give prestige to them, wow as nothing prestigious remaining because of whinners. You're all just over exgerating on this. Oh and it's a private club the idea from what I believe comes from the movie fight club, listen to it and you'll find blizz standing on this more acceptable.

Basically LET US BOOST SOME REAL LIFE LEECHERS paying exclusive content for them eventually with our hard worked money . So they can later come and brag. No thanks. I don't boost leechers.

You want exclusive content , pay it yourself.
    3-5 euro / month on top of the monthly subscription and enjoy your "exclusive" content.
    But not on our moneys.

Blizzard is making the correct move by making some things exclusive to higher end players. Not all the casual and scrub baddies should be able to access everything in the game. Period.
    Then those guys should pay this content . With their credit cards. Period.
    Last edited by mmoc1e4c5b7903; 2012-11-05 at 04:04 PM.

This just another way of slowing down the consumption of content. It's the same reason why there's staggered raid releases. The reason why there's a 1000 VP weekly cap, and dailies gating everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    If it goes live this way - I suggest we create stigma against people with Brawler's guild achievements. Like vote-kicking them from LFD/LFR. Denying them invite in a pug, etc.
    Blizzard will sure to give such players a "vacation" for a while for "game interference".

It's okay for a multiboxer with 40 accounts playing as a whole team himself in PvP, but you can be darn sure if the little guys launch a protest Blizzard will act accordingly fast. -_-
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I'm not sure why people are so upset over this. I'm pretty sure everyone will get their chance sooner or later, and if they want it on release day, they still have time to farm gold. It's not really exclusive. It's just expensive. Anyone can go for it if they have the money. And besides this will be a good gold sink for all the large guilds/people who have tons of money and control the AH, so anything that will manage to take away their money is good in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This thread sounds like just a bunch of complaining whiners. "oh i cant get into content on the very first day / second / milisecond that its released, im canceling my sub" This is quite hilarious and if you feel this way, you really need to re-examine why you even play this game.

...you'll keep saying this... until you end up being one of those so-called "casual/scrub baddies" that don't get access to this because there are better AH players than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    What in the actual hell are you talking about? It would be one thing if this was about a rep grind or dailies or a tough quest chain or something. THEN it's something that just requires work. This is gating and earlier content access simply because you have more cash. That's not 'oh I didn't work hard enough', it's 'oh, this guy plays the AH/has a good profession for AH/bought gold, so they get in before me even though they've never soloed a tough boss in their life'.
    Seems to me that this is a gold sink for either extremely rich players, or for guilds who want to elect someone from their group to do it.

It's hardly the first thing of its kind to be put in the game that is expensive yet entirely optional, look how much various mounts (engineering chopper back in the day, vial mount in Cata) have cost.

If you've been around long enough, you'll realize that Blizzard will likely change the rules for entrance after a bit of time has passed, or depending on how popular it is, or isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazmodius View Post
    Pff don't complain about that its only to get the heirloom fist and some crap, some of you are associating this with raid being locked unless you spend Kgs but if you didn't notice raid give gear and is freely opened to everyone, Guild give nothing and is not opened to everyone, let us keep something special for people who wanna put effort and give prestige to them, wow as nothing prestigious remaining because of whinners. You're all just over exgerating on this. Oh and it's a private club the idea from what I believe comes from the movie fight club, listen to it and you'll find blizz standing on this more acceptable.
    Challenge modes say "hello"?

Heroic raids say "hello"?

It's so obvious that Blizzard will make it accessible for EVERYONE after a few weeks/months.
    It's just getting used as a goldsink for now and something exclusive to keep players hooked.
    Anyone remember the 2nd spec price at the beginning? Yeah.. quite expensive and a lot of complaining.
    Down to 10g... quite a drop.
    Brawler's Guild will be the same in the end. Maybe not in the first month, but I'm sure it'll be easily accessible in a few months.
    If you meet God, tell him to leave me alone.