Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club... WRONG

The first rule of Fight Club is: Buy your invitation to the fight club on eBay.

Ridiculous.

So if one person in my guild pays 100k for an invite, he can invite the rest of the guild to this guild brawler? or can he invite one player?

If so, il let them spend it and invite me. If its not the case, i wont buy an invite. unless its ->1k, but since its on BMAH, it will be 10k+ and im not wasting 10k on that
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guts View Post
    It's so obvious that Blizzard will make it accessible for EVERYONE after a few weeks/months.
    It's just getting used as a goldsink for now and something exclusive to keep players hooked.
    Anyone remember the 2nd spec price at the beginning? Yeah.. quite expensive and a lot of complaining.
    Down to 10g... quite a drop.
    Brawler's Guild will be the same in the end. Maybe not in the first month, but I'm sure it'll be easily accessible in a few months.
    the problem is come release what you will see it lots of "selling invites to brawlers guild <insert value>K gold" so basicaly someone with a ridiculus amount of gold can buy up the bmah invites then make a small fortune of ppl who are either stupid enough to pay the extortionate amount or just want the invite so pay it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    Wow so much hostility! And so much not actually reading what people are posting, Go back have a read through all my posts again and try and comprehend some of it!

I wasn't specifically talking about PTR feedback, but general complaints. And if you had read my posts you would see that I did not say complaints and feedback are bad, its the way that people go about it that is bad. /facepalm

Being respectful and constructive = yes
    Act like a twat = no
    And that goes for PTR feedback also. No need to be a jerk about something you don't like!

Guess I am wasting time on you guys.
    That's not hostility, it's surprise at how ridiculous the things you are saying are. As for 'what you are really saying', what you think 'acting like a twat' is != what everyone else thinks. Just because YOU think it's childish to threaten a cancelled sub doesn't mean it isn't a valid way to go about it. That's not acting like a twat, that's using the only real leverage we have, our wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Since when is competitiveness exclusively about skill? ???

Why can't the "gold rich folk" have some competitiveness with their gold, no matter how they got it?
    Because when it comes to video games it always has been? And they do have a system to 'compete' in, they have the AH and BMAH. Those are actually related to their gold-making activities. Why give them a random piece of content that has nothing to do with their playstyle? That's like saying "Hey, all you raiders out there, we made a kickass new battleground just for you!". They don't raid to do PvP, why would they want that and why would it be made specifically for them?

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Seems to me that this is a gold sink for either extremely rich players, or for guilds who want to elect someone from their group to do it.

It's hardly the first thing of its kind to be put in the game that is expensive yet entirely optional, look how much various mounts (engineering chopper back in the day, vial mount in Cata) have cost.

If you've been around long enough, you'll realize that Blizzard will likely change the rules for entrance after a bit of time has passed, or depending on how popular it is, or isn't.
    Actually, it is the first thing of its kind. Mounts and vanity crap are not really content, just extra items in the game. This is actual full-on content, new fights never seen before, it's own rewards, everything. Making it so only people with tons of cash get it first is nonsense. And who cares if they change it down the line? Why not just give it to everyone right away? Make it something everyone can try out when it's available, not this 'rich people first, you guys later' crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    That's not hostility, it's surprise at how ridiculous the things you are saying are. As for 'what you are really saying', what you think 'acting like a twat' is != what everyone else thinks. Just because YOU think it's childish to threaten a cancelled sub doesn't mean it isn't a valid way to go about it. That's not acting like a twat, that's using the only real leverage we have, our wallet.
    And that is why you have that little box that asks why you are unsubbing, after you ...unsub.. which is the appropriate way to deal with it, unsub and explain why using their system, rather than go on threatening to unsub on the forums in public like a *twat* causing arguments, and not really being constructive at all. By all means sunsub and use the little box and make a post on the forums, in a constructive way. But saying *change this now cause I don't like or I will unsub* won't get you far.

Understand? lol

The sound of laughter/rage as a hotfix goes lives 2-3 weeks after 5.1 that says "Troll McVendor now sells Brawler's Guild invites outside the bar in Ironforge for 50 silver" will be loud and enjoyable.

And that is why you have that little box that asks why you are unsubbing, after you ...unsub.. which is the appropriate way to deal with it, unsub and explain why using their system, rather than go on threatening to unsub on the forums in public like a *twat* causing arguments, and not really being constructive at all. By all means sunsub and use the little box and make a post on the forums, in a constructive way. But saying *change this now cause I don't like or I will unsub* won't get you far.

Understand? lol
    Neither does calling people 'twat' when you don't like the way they do things but you seem perfectly fine with that. Just a thought.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 09:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    "Because it always has been that way" isn't really a reasonable argument for anything ... ever.

Underground fight clubs are "underground" and "Black Markets" you got it ... are "underground" too. It makes perfect sense that the both would have a relation to one another...
    Why do people keep bringing up that it's 'underground'. They are referencing Fight Club (and doing a damn terrible job of it so far). Even then, just because it fits their 'theme' doesn't make it a good idea, especially when it treats large parts of the playerbase like second-class citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Neither does calling people 'twat' when you don't like the way they do things but you seem perfectly fine with that. Just a thought.

I could use *idiot* *numpty* *moronic* *silly* same thing, my opinion is, that people that speak that way on forums are one of the above. Because they certainly are not calm and constructive at all when they react how they do. I also use these terms in a broad sense, not directed at one specific. I think you get the Jist though

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 05:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    The sound of laughter/rage as a hotfix goes lives 2-3 weeks after 5.1 that says "Troll McVendor now sells Brawler's Guild invites outside the bar in Ironforge for 50 silver" will be loud and enjoyable.
    I just wish people would wait a bit to get all the details before assuming stuff! I mean all this rage over a few sentences about something thats still being tested. It could all change between now and patch release, it may well not, but the amount of folks getting their knickers in a knot is astounding! hehe

I could use *idiot* *numpty* *moronic* *silly* same thing, my opinion is, that people that speak that way on forums are one of the above. Because they certainly are not calm and constructive at all when they react how they do. I also use these terms in a broad sense, not directed at one specific. I think you get the Jist though

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 05:16 PM ----------

I just wish people would wait a bit to get all the details before assuming stuff! I mean all this rage over a few sentences about something thats still being tested. It could all change between now and patch release, it may well not, but the amount of folks getting their knickers in a knot is astounding! hehe
    My point was that calling people names when you disagree with them gets you nowhere just as much as they may get nowhere with their complaining. We all have our thresholds so maybe try not to judge frustrated and passionate people who just don't want to be screwed over in a game they love, no matter how childish you might think they are being.

Blizzard will change the entry requirements. They always do.... this is a single player game element, and they are restricting it this way to mimic some quasi-realworld event called Fight Club. Admirable, but foolish.

10+ Year Old Account
    really tho the ony people who would be bawwing about this are social rejects with no in-game friends and those too scared to join a guild. and frankly WoW would be alittle better without them. call this thinning the herd i suppose

10+ Year Old Account

Understand? lol
    Wrong. Constant bickering on the forums gets things changed if done so by a large amount of people. The pyroblast change recently reverted is indicative of that, as well as other nerfs and mechanic changes. Same thing with why they redid the gy's in WG. Acting like people should only voice their opinion when they have already decided to quit is a ridiculous notion. Blizzard probably wants to hold onto their playerbase instead of waiting for them to leave and then trying to get them back.

Just because you can't stand people who post on their forums doesn't mean they aren't allowed to, and unless their threads are being closed, locked, or deleted then they are allowed which means you should just deal with it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 12:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by raintrees View Post
    really tho the ony people who would be bawwing about this are social rejects with no in-game friends and those too scared to join a guild. and frankly WoW would be alittle better without them. call this thinning the herd i suppose
    I'm sure blizzard agrees with you, afterall less money = more content, surely. /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone can go for it if they have the money.
    True that. Also in 6.4.4 we are going to get "Superior lounge" for people that are dk's. Everyone can go for it if they are DK's.
    Also incoming "the mile club" for people that have letter "F" in their name. Everyone can go for it if they have the letter in their name.
    Sure we will also face "Lounge of purities" loaded with heirlooms and achievements, but only for people that do have Skinning and Enchanting as professions and have never changed them, or will change. Everyone can go for it if they have the professions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    That person will be a douchebag... trust me.

If you are on a high-pop almost capped server like mine, you (you being 80 - 90 % of the server) won't ever be able to afford the BMAH ticket version for a long time, if ever, and even if you could unless you have the time to camp ah 24 / 7 you don't have a chance.

The people that can afford it will charge stupid prices for an invite, and I see allegations of scam and cheats flying around already. This will cause way more drama than it's worth, and I see no real reason why we have further panda to players with stupid amounts of money, now they already have BMAH to flex their gold-peen on.

Very high pop servers say hi, I'm happy you play on an RP server man.
    I can't agree more.

People will be selling invites for at the very least 20k for MONTHS no matter how they got the invite or how much THEY paid.

On my server there's people that post green tea leaves and rain poppies for like 8g each still and that's the lowest costing stacks. People are out of their mind when it comes to mats and other than day 1-5 none of the herbs or ghost iron should be sold for more than 1g a pop given how ridiculously quick everything respawns.

It's that kind of mentality that will lead most people into trying to sell invites for ridiculous prices for a very very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys realize that if buy a brawlers guild invite from someone for 20k and then immediately turn around and sell two invites for 10k, you essentially just join the guild for free. And if that turns into a Cascading effect eventually everyone will be in the brawlers guild.

Not to mention if you pool your money together with guild mates and friends you can all get an invite for 1/X of the price of the invite( X = the amount of people who pitch it).

This is just an interesting way to do gating. The first few people who get in will have access to very short queue times for matches and will not want to event others as all it will do is lengthen the time they wait for matches. However as soon as they "finish" the cheeves it will be open season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    You guys realize that if buy a brawlers guild invite from someone for 20k and then immediately turn around and sell two invites for 10k, you essentially just join the guild for free. And if that turns into a Cascading effect eventually everyone will be in the brawlers guild.

Not to mention if you pool your money together with guild mates and friends you can all get an invite for 1/X of the price of the invite( X = the amount of people who pitch it).

This is just an interesting way to do gating. The first few people who get in will have access to very short queue times for matches and will not want to event others as all it will do is lengthen the time they wait for matches. However as soon as they "finish" the cheeves it will be open season.
    Well yea, if it gets changed to that, but currently that's not a possibility. Invites are going of roughly 100k off the BMAH on the ptr as of yesterday, and you don't get to invite anyone when you first get in with the guild. You have to get up into the rankings by completing the boss fights and then you unlock the ability to send out invites. Which someone earlier said is one invite at rank 8.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post
    Well yea, if it gets changed to that, but currently that's not a possibility. Invites are going of roughly 100k off the BMAH on the ptr as of yesterday, and you don't get to invite anyone when you first get in with the guild. You have to get up into the rankings by completing the boss fights and then you unlock the ability to send out invites. Which someone earlier said is one invite at rank 8.
    Ah well there yah go. I skimmed through the 36 pages as much as possible. Doing a pool is still a possibility, would just have to figure out an order of who gets it first.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, BMAH invites, this is a stupid idea. I understand haveing to be invited into the brawlers guild but it should be based off things like Solo killing a level 90-91 rare mob. Since it a place to fight PVE monsters and show off, why not make the criteria for getting an invite be the same? That way it is still accessable for everyone but has a bit of a wall to get over if you want it rather than a stupid amount of money and a rare appearance on the BMAH.

Considering the concept, the invitation system is kind of fitting and sexy. But yeah, if it bars too many people from setting foot into the much-advertised guild, then that's poor design plain and simple.

Personally I think it will be easier than it looks like. Those invitations could be available by the butt load.

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post

You only get to invite one person and even for that you have to complete the all brawler's guild events.
    So if it takes 1-3 days for someone to complete the events and then invite one other person. In a guild of 50 the last guys on the list won't be seeing any brawler's guild content for months.