Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You realize that the size of the content has no bearing on who or who will not enjoy it right? You 2nd sentence is pretty ironic.

In fact it's even more absurd that the content as small as it is, is then being gated for no reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Stop whining. Its not meant to be major patch content for everyone, at least not initially like they said. Its there as a spectator sport for everyone on the realm to enjoy.

Why are all these whiners complaining about a cool feature that takes time and patience to enter? Just be patient, but oh yeah, i forgot the Entitled Wrath Babies cant wait 2 seconds before consuming all the content, getting all the epics, getting all the mounts, and even then are not satisfied..
    -_-

It's not only the latter who dislikes this distribution system, I'm against it because how it limits access. Limiting access means less able to play it, which is not good for players.

If they wanted folks to wait it out, have a lottery. That they tied this into the BMAH is what's bad, because otherwise there could be a lottery. And a lottery would be more fair to everyone. The guys with more gold can buy more tickets, and the guys with 10g to their name could get a chance at it too.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

To all the people that are upset that they can't do it right away, why not just go out farm some gold, and stop complaining? Seems like a better solution than making a big deal about it on the forums lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? They're in the right to complain. Especially on PvP servers, where there are generally incredibly high population imbalances. As the BMAH is completely unrestricted from world PvP, this just means that the majority faction will decide when (and even IF) someone playing the minority faction will get to participate in what is essentially a mini-game.

Now, before "reroll PvE server LOLOLOLOL" starts getting spouted after this comment, this mini-game has absolutely zero relation to PvP in the first place. Why should it be forcibly tied? I don't see Alliance zoning onto Horde raids to wipe them out while they're doing progression fights, do I? No. This is really not much different, except in the fact that the rewards aren't even gear-oriented (except for cosmetic purposes).

I won't quit over it, as I really didn't have much interest in Brawler's Guild to begin with. However, I can see why some other people would. The design in acquisition is a definite flaw.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    To all the people that are upset that they can't do it right away, why not just go out farm some gold, and stop complaining? Seems like a better solution than making a big deal about it on the forums lol.
    Because that doesn't solve the issues. You can't have everybody farm gold and miraculously everyone's able to get in, the invites are still limited... If all these "complainers" farmed more gold all that would happen is the invites would cost more on the BMAH. Most people will still be unable to get in at the start by design. Are you one of those guys who go up to poor people and tell them to just make more money? Something tells me you don't understand the very basic concepts of money.

Limiting the number of people who can do it so massively is a bad idea. Nobody is going to care enough about this feature to wait 3 months after its release to try it. By then people will have just forgotten about it. I fail to see how it will become a kind of community hub when there will be so few people there at the start, why would people not just use the city or friends chat or private channels, like they do currently?

Blizzard spends a lot of their forum time saying that their developers like to make content that everyone can use, because otherwise it feels like a waste of time to develop something that only 3% of the population use. Why aren't they following their own philosophy here?

so only the ones who buy an invitation, or those who get an invite from somebody whos already inside, can play the brawlers guild huh?

then wouldnt it be kinda smart for a guild to put some money together, buy an invitation and then invite the whole guild? instant big amount of people inside!

???

profit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Making people bid on the opportunity to participate in shit content. Maybe Blizz should stop pulling stupid ideas out of their ass...er, I mean "experimenting" and release thoughtful content that doesn't try so hard to be different that it is just inevitably awful.
    Look! Words!

I can't wait till they run into the problem of the first group of people that buy the tickets, simply don't invite anyone else.

They are ASKING for this system to be griefed with how easily it can be done. "Oh nothing will go wrong when its up to the players themselves to increase the amount of people that have access to this system"

Seriously. Some of you need to think about what this system does instead of suck up to blizzard about every thing they do. Think objectively for once ffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Where do you get the idea winning an auction then inviting your friends counts as effort?
    It counts as exclusivity. Watch the movie Fight Club, that's where this comes from. Besides it's not like you get gear or anything significant out of it. Why would you want to be on display for your whole server only to fail miserably in killing a boss solo while everyone watches you? The Brawler's Guild is just to show off how good or pro you think you are. Nothing else.

They make this free, let everyone in without any 'effort', people start complaining "It's too hard, nerf it!", it get's watered down to nothing and the whole idea behind the Brawler's Guild is defeated. And another feature, not meant for the timid or low skilled, is killed off because of their selfishness that everything HAS to be toddler friendly.
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2012-11-08 at 10:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    Heroics are heroics for a reason.. if you cant do heroics, you cant raid.. its the proper path...
    ...Blizzard has gone the mile and added LFR for those people, but nerfing normal and hc modes is just plain stupid. The Burning Legion didn't get pushed back by lining up a thousand arcane mages spamming AB. It took work work work.

Deleted
    This feature means nothing and it is nothing? Seriously, what can I expect from it? Why should I kill mobs for nothing. No reason to unsub.

I'm not really interested in this , but what I will do is buy a ticket on my healer, and drag out a fight as long as humanly possible. JUST to piss off the group of people waiting to get in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    I'm not really interested in this , but what I will do is buy a ticket on my healer, and drag out a fight as long as humanly possible. JUST to piss of the group of people waiting to get in.
    Don't worry, it'll have some enrage mechanic.

They never are fair with healers.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Then I'll do it on my DK and laugh at the enrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    I can't wait till they run into the problem of the first group of people that buy the tickets, simply don't invite anyone else.

They are ASKING for this system to be griefed with how easily it can be done. "Oh nothing will go wrong when its up to the players themselves to increase the amount of people that have access to this system"

Seriously. Some of you need to think about what this system does instead of suck up to blizzard about every thing they do. Think objectively for once ffs.
    There are going to be ten new invites on the BMAH every single day until the end of eternity or they shut the game down, whichever comes first. That means one would have to spend ten million gold every day - indefinitely - to prevent anyone else from getting in. Even the most hardcore auction house player doesn't have that kind of gold to flush away. Entire guilds don't have that kind of money to flush away. Eventually the gold drains out of the economy - because that's what gold sinks do - and people who get gold in more normal amounts will be able to be competitive bidders. Seriously, you don't have to have a PhD in economics to figure this stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    Why would you want to be on display for your whole server only to fail miserably in killing a boss solo while everyone watches you? The Brawler's Guild is just to show off how good or pro you think you are. Nothing else.

Gee, I don't know. Because it looks like fun?

It has nothing to do with "showing off" for me. It serves as another interesting thing for me to enjoy in the game. But when will I get to enjoy it? Well, who the fuck knows thanks to the way this is being implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quenchiest View Post
    Gee, I don't know. Because it looks like fun?

It has nothing to do with "showing off" for me. It serves as another interesting thing for me to enjoy in the game. But when will I get to enjoy it? Well, who the fuck knows thanks to the way this is being implemented.
    So enjoy it, buy the ticket or find someone who has an invite. Bottomline it's not meant for every single person in the game, it's meant for those with skill and a lot of it. Just like the Challenge modes.

If hard content gives great rewards, everybody QQ's about it not being easy enough for the masses to do it. Now there is hard content WITHOUT rewards and still ppl cry that they can't do it... Seriously...
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2012-11-08 at 10:33 PM.

Deleted
    So enjoy it, buy the ticket or find someone who has an invite. Bottomline it's not meant for every single person in the game, it's meant for those with skill and a lot of it. Just like the Challenge modes.
    Explain how having a rich friend or being rich yourself is "skill".

Oh how naive. Jokes on you if you think these solo mobs are going to be anything challenging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by john67 View Post
    The skill is not in the buying of the ticket, it's in making use of what you get in return for it. You think you're gonne fight Hogger in there? The skill is in killing a boss level mob on your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    Heroics are heroics for a reason.. if you cant do heroics, you cant raid.. its the proper path...
    ...Blizzard has gone the mile and added LFR for those people, but nerfing normal and hc modes is just plain stupid. The Burning Legion didn't get pushed back by lining up a thousand arcane mages spamming AB. It took work work work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by john67 View Post
    Has a point.

Buying access isn't a skill in itself. Fighting whatever in the arena is, but not buying/selling tickets.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 05:38 PM ----------

The skill is not in the buying of the ticket, it's in making use of what you get in return for it. You think you're gonne fight Hogger in there? The skill is in killing a boss level mob on your own.
    But players can already do that with older dungeons and raids.

It'll be new, but why is it more special when there's gold attached to it?

The only real exclusiveness of this is how much the tickets will cost (it's a gold sink) and how it's handed out.