Poll: Which one you prefer?

Thread: Go'el VS Thrall

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Go'el VS Thrall

Thrall:

His human slave name and the former Warchief of the horde who uses the black plate armor of the previous Warchief Orgrim Doomhammer. Who also freed his orcs brethrens from the internment camps and created the New Horde with the help of Cairne and so many others.

Go'el:

His birth name and here where he finally removed the mantle of the Warchief and no longer live behind the shadow of doomhammer armor and became Azeroth strongest Shaman who with the help of the dragon aspects and Azeroth might heroes put an end to the Destroyer and the Cataclysm.

Which one do you prefer?

discuss please and thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2012-11-03 at 02:25 AM.

Green jesus

Go'el, because Thrall means slave. And changing his name doesn't change what he's done.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Newaccountforthiscontest View Post
    Green jesus
    lawl.

I honestly prefer Thrall over Go'el...

Just always seemed cooler as Thrall the Warchief than Go'el the green jesus...

15+ Year Old Account
    I would rather like trhall, it just a reminder of what could happen and it remind him of his past. Go'el reminds me of superman>.>
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Every time I see the name Go'el, I hear Aggra screaming it over and over again in my head. X.x;

Thrall has much more meaning and back story behind it anyways: a name he was given in mockery, but which he embraces and continues to use as a reminder of his past. Go'el is just something Metzen and Co. made up for Cata.
    Last edited by Failmuffins; 2012-11-03 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Go'el, because Thrall means slave. And changing his name doesn't change what he's done.
    No but it changes the symbolism. Rising from servitude to lead a nation, one he forged and sacrificed to bring together vs. "Go'el" a name that, so far has no meaning.

Who is Go'el?

10+ Year Old Account
    Go'el: because its his real name why wouldn't he use it?
    Aye mate

Go'el is just something Metzen and Co. made up for Cata.

To be fair, Thrall *was* Metzen's creation in the first place. It's presumable he had that kind of idea for him as the Warcraft timeline stretched on, just had to find the right moment for it (and to be fair, Cataclysm, for all its flaws, was the best time for Thrall to shed his name and his past burdens as Warchief).

What's in a name? That which we call a rose
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Story wise though Go'el. As others have said, Thrall means slave. I prefer my story to move forward and not sit in nostalgia land.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Go'el was just a reference to Superman's real name. /shrug.
    -Insert flashy and awesome Photoshop signature of my WoW character here-

Thrall, Go'el Is "the artist formerly known as Prince" equivalent of the WoW world.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall in the armor Doomhammer gifted to him was so much more badass
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Thrall.

Somethng about using the name slave whilst a free man and leader of the horde is more powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherForumPoster View Post
    Thrall, Go'el Is "the artist formerly known as Prince" equivalent of the WoW world.
    So..... Go'el, The warchief formally known as Thrall?

Go'el means "Redeemer" in Hebrew. If that's any indication, it's possibly foreshadowing that he will redeem the Horde post-Garrosh.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Failmuffins View Post
    Every time I see the name Go'el, I hear Aggra screaming it over and over again in my head. X.x;

Thrall has much more meaning and back story behind it anyways: a name he was given in mockery, but which he embraces and continues to use as a reminder of his past. Go'el is just something Metzen and Co. made up for Cata.
    This. That quest chain was so much painful to do just because of Aggra alone.
    Aggra: Go'el, now would be a good time to wake up!
    Thrall: We are patient.
    Aggra: Go'el! Pull it together or we're all going to DIE!
    Aggra: Damn you, Go'el - WAKE UP!
    Aggra:Oh, don't you tell ME to be patient, you green-skinned...

I hate Aggra with a passion. And to remind me of that, I play in a server with her name. x.x
    I swear if their son will have Aggra's voice, I'm swapping to the Alliance and commit infanticide.

I prefer Thrall, the original. The one and only shaman in plate ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by cheero View Post
    So..... Go'el, The warchief formally known as Thrall?
    This man gets it.

I prefer Thrall.

First he has gone by Thrall for his entire life and if I am not mistaken didn't even know about Go'el being his name until a few years ago. Thrall is also a name that everyone recognizes and uses. The name would get spread like a legend by both sides (not necessarily always positive), thus giving it that much extra power every time he meets a new group. Finally Go'el just sounds too much like superman.