Poll: Which one you prefer?

Thread: Go'el VS Thrall

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I actually like both names.

If WoW was real, I'd probably would prefer Go'el since Thrall means slave, so yeah, I think I'm going with Go'el.

Deleted
    Thrall no doubt about it. What hapened to him in Cata was abomination.

Doomhammer armor -toting, Aggraless Warchief Thrall. His incompetence was recently realized to me, but I still prefer him over the rag-toting World-Shaman Go'el.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer 'Medium Rare'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Go'el, because Thrall means slave. And changing his name doesn't change what he's done.
    Thrall because Go'el sounds stupid. He has intentionally taken the name of Thrall to spite the Alliance. He wants to make them feel guilty for all they have done to him. Someone who was meant to be their weapon now is their biggest enemy.

So yes, Thrall if you ask me.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 05:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Failmuffins View Post
    Go'el is just something Metzen and Co. made up for Cata.
    I think you mean TBC?

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    lawl.

I honestly prefer Thrall over Go'el...

Just always seemed cooler as Thrall the Warchief than Go'el the green jesus...
    ^this made me laugh like wtf
    Lagg dosen't exist. Only bad Internetz...
    Paladins isent OP Blizz just made all ohter classes weaker.

Deleted
    Every time I see the name Go'el, I hear Aggra screaming it over and over again in my head. X.x;
    This pretty much sums it up for me. I can't stand that name or that voice after doing those quests for the 365-cloak on all my alts back in cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like the couple between Goél and Aggra.
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    He'll always be Thrall among everyone except Aggra.

But if he were to pull off something that would cause Garrosh to tremble in the might of Go'el's shamanistic power, then fuck Thrall

Thrall when we was at all his glory. I try to forget the whole Go'el thing ever happened

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time I see the name Go'el, I hear Aggra screaming it over and over again in my head. X.x;

Thrall has much more meaning and back story behind it anyways: a name he was given in mockery, but which he embraces and continues to use as a reminder of his past. Go'el is just something Metzen and Co. made up for Cata.
    Back in TBC, you do a quest chain, and it is there that you learn that Thrall's birth name is Go'el.

I prefer Thrall, because thats what I called him for long time. Warchief Thrall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall sounds cooler, but the name change is actually important. He knew he's birth name since BC, but it wasn't until he passed on the mantle of warchief to Garrosh that he reclaimed it. With this Go'el admits that being warchief, cool and all, wasn't his destiny; that he is a shaman first and foremost. Now, one can say that he turned his back to the horde, but you can't deny that the defense of the world itself is a higher calling.

Deleted
    Thrall, all day everyday. Still praying for someone in the Horde to remind of who he is and Aggra to be killed. Would quite like to see Garrosh cut off her head. The shit storm would be quite something and old Thrall would be back... Not as Warchief though, his time has been and gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    He will always been known as Thrall to me !!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Thrall has much more meaning and back story behind it anyways: a name he was given in mockery, but which he embraces and continues to use as a reminder of his past. Go'el is just something Metzen and Co. made up for Cata.
    Not true Go'el has been known for years just only recently came into prominate use

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    Go'el means "Redeemer" in Hebrew. If that's any indication, it's possibly foreshadowing that he will redeem the Horde post-Garrosh.
    Wow... you just blew my mind sir...
    Never considered they would use something like that, then again they do use a lot of obscure things like 7! Even though its coincidence lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Now, one can say that he turned his back to the horde, but you can't deny that the defense of the world itself is a higher calling.
    Apparently he becomes the darkspears racial leader so to speak in 5.1, i wouldn't say he turned his back on the horde he worked so hard to create. He did have a higher calling, and now its to dethrone Garrosh for trying to kill Vol'Jin dammit!

OT: I like Thrall, i still call him Thrall, but he is Go'el. I guess I'm not too bothered, however if his character (/Metzen) wants to be called Go'el then fair enough.
    Last edited by mmocae8a1940ff; 2012-11-03 at 11:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    Thrall, all day everyday. Still praying for someone in the Horde to remind of who he is and Aggra to be killed. Would quite like to see Garrosh cut off her head. The shit storm would be quite something and old Thrall would be back.
    Can I vote up this guy ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    By thralls balls!
    Did you ever hear any other leader called like Thrall? His balls are so impressive they swear by them, no puny alliance can reach that level
    Last edited by sam86; 2012-11-04 at 12:44 AM.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Can I vote up this guy ?

Did you ever hear any other leader called like Thrall? His balls are so impressive they swear by them, no puny alliance can reach that level
    Thrall's balls could've beaten up Chuck Norris in the WoW commercial.

I prefer Aggra's baby-daddy.