Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post

Personally I find one of the biggest things you can do to make the dance easier is stand on the tank, the boss will always centralize on the tank, so by being on the tank you gaurentee the boss has centralized on you.
    This is good advice. I find it easy to dance when I'm tanking but I found it quite hard when I was dpsing in LFR until I started paying attention to where the tank was.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just started running LFR on my monk and the first time I tried doing the dance I got hit by every single slash, since I didn't even know what was going on. A few more times and it gradually got better and better to the point where I no longer get hit anymore. The only times I may get hit is if a tank decides to tank a boss close to the stairs and I run against a wall and screwing up my camera angle or if he does the AOE stomp and I run out, but the slash is also in the area which I just ran from, which gets kind of dicey.

You just really have to pay attention, remain calm, and react quickly to the slash animation and run through/around the boss accordingly. Other than that, it's pretty easy to get down, just practice a lot in LFR, since if you queue for the 2nd part of MSV, you'd get Will remaining like 75% of time anyways.

Deleted
    It's really simple after you have done it a few times, some people just learn a bit slower, I'm sure it will come soon.

the most common issue with melee getting hit is the tanks moving too much.

the boss will turn to face the tank after each swing, so if the tank is spinning the boss around like a top then it will be almost impossible for anyone but them to avoid the hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Use Shadowstep too, I find its great for coming back in after the stomp, you could also ShS to a raid member that is in the right place.

Personally I find one of the biggest things you can do to make the dance easier is stand on the tank, the boss will always centralize on the tank, so by being on the tank you gaurentee the boss has centralized on you.
    I'll kick that up one more notch, macro your Shadowstep to the best dancer in your raid (hopefully it's the tank). If you're already running a trick focus i would say just set tricks and shadowstep to your tank if you're ever in need of a serious bail move during the dance. There's also very little you can do about this, but you MIGHT also be lagging, latency can screw you hard on mechanics like this, forcing you to be even more perfect than if you didn't have said latency. If you have all of the mobility tricks in place, the rest boils down to practice. If you get hit, don't freak out, especially during the Gas phase as the more flustered you are the more likely you are to take another hit that could easily cost you your life. Good luck and keep at it!
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post

the boss will turn to face the tank after each swing, so if the tank is spinning the boss around like a top then it will be almost impossible for anyone but them to avoid the hits.
    That only really applies to when there's a stomp though... Since the arc is like 180 degrees, you'd always be close (within the same 180 degrees not hit atleast) to the tank anyway if both dodge the arc. So you'd essentially not have it much harder than the tank to dodge slashes following eachother.

Not sure if it helps, but here is my PoV as a rogue, it's from our first kill and its fairly sloppy but maybe you can get something from it:

You can skip to about 2 mins into the fight, thats when the dances start.
    Last edited by NoxxusKT; 2012-11-03 at 06:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All really good pointers, I'll update you guys with how raid goes next week <3

Thank you to all for your time!
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

If you get hit by an arc, abort and go kill adds instead until it ends. Chances are if you failed one you're going to fail trying to correct for the next one, at least that was in the case in my tries. It's not a dps race, so keep that in mind. I find it more of a healer race on mana..

This is a really good top down view of a tank dancing. Just thought I throw it in here.

Deleted
    You see a Blue "line" so its pretty easy but learning it in LFR is impossible.. Most Tanks tank them where the Mob spawns that stuns you or they tank it almost in the Wall so your Camera fucks you up.

Deleted
    I'm having a bit of a hard time with it, but it's not too bad. Just try and watch the blue markings. The ground stomp sometimes gets me even when I feel like I'm far enough away from it, though.

As others have mentioned, the arcs tell the tale. You actually have tons of time to move in most scenarios. For the stomp, you will see dust clouds, and he will be balanced on one foot. The stomp is the absolute worst to avoid imo, I still get caught by it some. But LFR practice is great. I went in there after our first night of attempts on will, and just spent the entire fight practicing the combos. Once I got the feel, I managed to pull off 8 strikes. Monks have it easier than other classes, but I can still do a full combo without using roll. Also, not waiting to move until the arcs seems to help. Being in motion seems to make it easier to get where you need to be.

I know how you feel, it's hard to see where he does it.

I looked on wowhead, turns out before he strikes you can see these blue slashing lines that appear about three times before he strikes - they indicate what direction he'll strike in. Now I was already dead as I looked on wowhead and found this info, but I imagine the next time I try and can see this (I hadn't noticed it before with all the AoE / spell effects going on), it'll be a lot easier.

Dude just go Gamgam style its easy.

Now seriously the hardest thing is avoiding the circular one, you ened ot always keep yourself on max hit range form the boss, any fo his side attacks are easily dodgeable running trough him even if youre in max melee range, now if youre too close and he uses his circular stomp odds are yore not gona get out of the area in time, so stay in max melee range run away if hes doing the circular one but stop right after leaving the affected area, as soon as he finishes it run abck in as fast as possibel eh never hit the same side twice in a roll and he never stomps twic eina row either so its safe to sprint towards him to have an easier time avoiding his next strike.

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post

As a tank, the perspective you have of facing the boss seems to help. It just clicks more when your facing him, as a dps it might be helpful for you to go to the tanks position and mirror what he does. Sure you will lose some dps from not being behind the target, but if your getting hit by any of the arcs/stomps then your losing a lot more dps anyway.

And for the comment above... IMO its harder when the tank ISN'T moving and rotating the boss correctly to avoid hits.

Quote Originally Posted by -ex- View Post
    As a tank, the perspective you have of facing the boss seems to help. It just clicks more when your facing him, as a dps it might be helpful for you to go to the tanks position and mirror what he does. Sure you will lose some dps from not being behind the target, but if your getting hit by any of the arcs/stomps then your losing a lot more dps anyway.

And for the comment above... IMO its harder when the tank ISN'T moving and rotating the boss correctly to avoid hits.
    I find that beeing on the back of the boss make sit easier cause that pretty much auto conters any frontal swing and i cna jsut sit and deal damage.

I was like you I got hit by almost every damn one but then I watched this video, It pretty much shows you a technique which makes it almost impossible to fail at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7hHx7gdN68

Enjoy the easy dancing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    I was like you I got hit by almost every damn one but then I watched this video, It pretty much shows you a technique which makes it almost impossible to fail at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7hHx7gdN68

Enjoy the easy dancing!
    I'm pretty sure this is the best advice of all given in this thread!
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Deleted
    Would you still have trouble with it next, I'll record my next kill video (also Rogue) in whatever spec you like. Have no problem with dancing at all and dont (unless I'm trying to change music or w/e when waiting for energy) get hit. Let me know.