Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    I'm not sure what people want for raid utility to be more than zero. Revival is functional as a big AoE heal and Life Cocoon as a tank cooldown. Certainly, they can be stronger, but not while our current healing is so powerful. We can spec into Xuen, which does a solid amount of healing and damage over 45 seconds (looking like over 600k per cast for me). We can also add an extra 10k or more DPS to a fight, which pulling solid healing numbers.
    Personally I would like Life Cocoon to actually function as a tank cooldown; right now, the HoT increase on it may as well not even exist with how quickly the shield gets consumed, and if I wanted just a big shield on a 2 minute cooldown it would be nice if it was more than 25% of a tank's health when compared to something like Lay on Hands or Divine Spirit. Also, I find Revival to be a rather awkward cooldown. It's very good when some kind of dispel is required or when the raid is taking damage to most members at once, but it's rather terrible when only half of your raid is at half health and the other is at full but the heal still diminishes over all 25 targets. It would be nice if Zen Meditation could function as a raid-wide damage reduction, as I feel that the tradeoff between channeling (such that you can't heal) and standing and healing can bring up some interesting gameplay that things like Barrier just don't have. Of course there would have to be more nerfs to make these things work, but I'd rather not be the healer that just brings big numbers and little else, it was quite boring on my Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    False, haste does not increase mana regeneration.
    oh, i was under impression that haste increased mana regen but if you say it doesnt, it doesnt, it was prolly bcoz haste increases other resource regens that i prolly got it into my head that it improved that as well. in any case it will increase chi regeneration and mana tea regeneration, so it will have an impact on mana eventho it will be a much small one than i originally thought.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    oh, i was under impression that haste increased mana regen but if you say it doesnt, it doesnt, it was prolly bcoz haste increases other resource regens that i prolly got it into my head that it improved that as well. in any case it will increase chi regeneration and mana tea regeneration, so it will have an impact on mana eventho it will be a much small one than i originally thought.
    It increases mana regeneration for mages and probably directly or indirectly for other caster DPS. Healers are all based on spirit. It will increase chi generation from soothing mists only (or if you hard cast a surging mist) and thus mana tea generation, but it will also increase mana consumption just as much. The monk GCD is already 1 second on all specs and everything besides soothing mist is effectively instant. Overall, based on the current play style of monk, it won't have any effect on our mana really.

Like I said, improvements to Life Cocoon or Revival would be welcome, but I don't think we are broken with out them. Nor do I think we have 0 raid utility. The utility is there, even if it's not as strong as you'd like. One thing to note about Revival is that while Tranquility and Divine Hymn need to be channeled across the duration, Revival is instant and we can use the other 5-6 seconds to keep using other heals. It also has some great emergency functions (entire raid is low and Garalon is about to crush? A tranq would be wasted, but revival is perfect). And don't overlook Xuen--that's a great cooldown for healing random raid damage versus mass raid damage (and honestly, I don't think random raid damage is something we have a problem with and need a raid cooldown to handle).

Definitely, Zen Meditation is pretty useless right now. Some sort of raid utility function for Mistweavers would be welcome, since right now the only use I can think of is if you are the only one taking heavy magic damage. Or if there's a boss spell ever that we can absorb...