Question regarding Pandemic

Good evening fellow locks,

I am somewhat confused about pandemic. With the patch notes, is this a buff? Was this not working properly?
    Was hoping one of you could explain it. Does this mean we shouldnt recast our dots if at the end if we have spellpower/haste/mastery buffs on them already ect? I apologize for the post, just very confused by it and figured it would be best to ask publicly for advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a feature of Pandemic that was kind of weird and felt/was bugged, they removed it.

Right now it is as we always thought it was: You refresh a dot, you get the buff benefits that are currently present. You keep those buffs while the dot is running, untill it runs out or is refreshed with different buffs active. Debuffs (Like Haunt and Curse of the Elements) will always change your dots automatically regardless of refreshing.

It can be a pretty good dps increase if you watch it. I use an addon called affdots to manage this for affliction. Haven't had a chance to check it out since the patch, but am very excited to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Right now it is as we always thought it was: You refresh a dot, you get the buff benefits that are currently present.
    This. Basically your DoTs SP updates on cast now instead of over a couple seconds.