Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    People, it's nice and all that X class or Y class soloed Z boss, but that doesn't make the boss "soloable". It makes it soloable if you play X class or Y class. What if you play class A or B?

These changes make it truly soloable for just about ANY class. That's why we're saying it's NOW soloable. Nobody said these fights had never been soloed. We're saying that now you don't have to roll a paladin or death knight to do it.

A rogue soloed Patchwerk at 80. That didn't mean Patchwerk was soloable for, say, a shadow priest.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Ok i managed to solo razorgore on my 4th attempt

Now im what you call an average wow player at best and i can say this fight is still very very hard

The problem isnt staying alive its keeping razorgore alive and tbh i think he doesnt have enough health for this to be soloable by any non tank class
    Having the kill eggs on a 1.5 sec cd does help so much

Now i did this as a prot pally in tank gear with righteous fury on i killed the eggs the furthest away from me at the start cause thats when there is few adds then i worked my way down i had to keep dismissing razorgore when he got too many adds on him and i used what that guy used in that video in this thread lights hammer for heals and aoe i moved razorgore into lights hammer to get some heals onto him which helped alot

It was close and i think razorgore had about a quarter of health left before i killed the last egg

To summarise i dont think this is doable as a non tank class without being great at your class which i aint cause you need huge threat generation to keep the adds on you and not on razorgore now if they bumped razorgores health to double what it is now then this fight would be a joke for any class

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I suppose Emps don't heal for nearly as much now then? Even at 85 we needed a raid of no less than five and if they got
    It was soloable at 85 just stacking the two together and hitting them harder than their heal. I know Mionelol soloed twin emperors, and I'm sure some other did as well.

Deleted
    I suppose Emps don't heal for nearly as much now then? Even at 85 we needed a raid of no less than five and if they got together they'd heal for 20% of their health in a matter of seconds.
    Hmm no, they don't heal that quickly, but it has always been this way.
    It was easily soloable with my warlock at 85, now any lvl90 has enough dps to beat that.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-11-04 at 01:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old news.
    You could have soloed them in Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Old news.
    You could have soloed them in Cataclysm.
    If you were a DK or a paladin or something or other. Now it's basically able to be soloed by any class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundered70 View Post
    If you were a DK or a paladin or something or other. Now it's basically able to be soloed by any class.
    Well, if dks/hunters could do it in Cata, they were in fact soloable in Cata.
    If someone can solo them now, even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Also you'll be able to zone into those raids without needing to group up with someone.
    That has been the case with BWL since forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    That has been the case with BWL since forever.
    Not for BWL, it was for molten core, but no other raids.

Deleted
    I tried to solo Razorgore today, i was clicking the orb but it wasn't activating!!! wtf ??

razorgoze soloed videos posted , ATLEAST READ youtube comments everything about it being soloed got FIXED . He cant be soloed due to him DIEING on live , unless you bug him which atm its impossible afaik , you CANT solo , mobs just kill him , and you cant heal him solo .

Rlly hoping they make it solable cos been farming bwl like forever 15+ runs and still need pieces from t2 , and pets are quite nice , usually can find partners but still getting it done would be way better

Quote Originally Posted by Fir_ost View Post
    razorgoze soloed videos posted , ATLEAST READ youtube comments everything about it being soloed got FIXED . He cant be soloed due to him DIEING on live , unless you bug him which atm its impossible afaik , you CANT solo , mobs just kill him , and you cant heal him solo .

Rlly hoping they make it solable cos been farming bwl like forever 15+ runs and still need pieces from t2 , and pets are quite nice , usually can find partners but still getting it done would be way better
    The changes hasnt hit live yet its still on the ptr
    The changes that have made razorgore alot more soloable is the fact he has alot more health and the smash egg is now on a 1.5 sec cd making it much faster to break the eggs before razorgore gets swamped

ive soloed him on the ptr and the changes are a welcome thing but it still needs to be tweaked further to allow non tank classes to be able to solo

Yeah your title sucks. We aren't finally able to solo them because its not on live.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

I suppose Emps don't heal for nearly as much now then? Even at 85 we needed a raid of no less than five and if they got together they'd heal for 20% of their health in a matter of seconds.

I also didn't think of the fungus boss. As a priest, I shouldn't have much trouble since shields don't count as healing, but what about classes that can't absorb damage?
    hehe you could easily solo out-dps their heal at 85 must be a total joke now
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

I also didn't think of the fungus boss. As a priest, I shouldn't have much trouble since shields don't count as healing, but what about classes that can't absorb damage?
    Twin Emps don't heal for nearly that much. Blood DK's have been able to do it since 4.2, maybe even earlier.

If by Fungus boss you mean loatheb, he's such a joke, just use self heals when the necrotic aura is gone and win.

Quote Originally Posted by Fir_ost View Post

No really. He can easily be soloed this patch on live servers right now. All you need is a focus macro with Eternal Flame, and a sense of rythm to when you should break the link with it to heal him, have time to kill adds and still get link back before he catches up, and you're good to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    but it still needs to be tweaked further to allow non tank classes to be able to solo
    I don't think Blizzard wants us to solo stuff. Else they wouldn't have nerfed old raids gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    If by Fungus boss you mean loatheb, he's such a joke, just use self heals when the necrotic aura is gone and win.
    You can just dps him until he dies, no need to heal at all nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I don't think Blizzard wants us to solo stuff. Else they wouldn't have nerfed old raids gold.
    then whats the point of nerfing two very insignificant bosses both can easily be done with 2 people but they nerfed them so it was possible to solo
    hell why did they even remove raid requirements to get in also

its because people like soloing stuff and they dont want to have to bring in competition for the rare pets that drop just to down a few bosses where mechanics make it next to impossible to solo

You can argue weither this is a good or a bad thing but i like to solo old shit without having to harrang my friends most of which dont wanna come unless i pay them a huge bribe

can't speak for other classes, but it's faceroll as hell on a priest now.

Went holy for lightspring. If i get taken below 50%, lightspring hots me. Pulled with renew and holy word serenity on the ground, plunked down my lightspring, all adds went to me. Refreshed serenity and renew after MC broke, killed all eggs, adds dissapeared, killed boss after 50 billion cc's. and, pet dropped!

Now if only blizz will remove the immunity to magic damage on the trash mobs, and i'll have a lot of fun in the instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    then whats the point of nerfing two very insignificant bosses both can easily be done with 2 people but they nerfed them so it was possible to solo
    hell why did they even remove raid requirements to get in also

its because people like soloing stuff and they dont want to have to bring in competition for the rare pets that drop just to down a few bosses where mechanics make it next to impossible to solo

You can argue weither this is a good or a bad thing but i like to solo old shit without having to harrang my friends most of which dont wanna come unless i pay them a huge bribe
    I too love to solo old content, and i agree that they probably made bosses like Razorgore easier to solo due to new pets dropping there.
    On the other hand, i believe it's safe to assume that this won't extend to every soloable bosses, just to those who drop a new vanity pet.

For example, i cannot think of a way to solo Thorim without bugging the encounter. After all, it's soloable content, why haven't they nerfed it yet?
    Or again, think of Azgalor in the Hyjal Past raid and his 20 seconds instakill debuff. Not to mention Reliquary of Souls.

(As of raid requirements, it is a known bug working just for MC/BWL, maybe related to the fact you get in there via an item/person. If you were to try to enter them from the "original" portal, it'd tell you you need a raid group.)