Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    To people complaining they didn't make all bosses soloable: be patient. This is only a first step. Let's see how it works out, I hope they will do similar steps to make other bosses soloable in later patches (e.g. C'thun, Gunship, Kalecgos etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Did AQ 40 tonight, I actually almost solo'ed Twins, but the adds got out of control for me to manage while switching targets focusing on keeping my pet at max range without moving my self closer or farther away. Any closer they would start healing, any farther my pet would despawn. And as BM, I can keep my pet alive while doing Spell and Physical damage at decent rate, not needing to actually move anywhere, just have to have my pet switch target, and myself switch targets without having my pet budge an inch.

Seen a DK solo Viscidus at 85, doesn't seem to difficult. Save Ghouls and Army for the final shatter. "It seems this fight no longer requires X number of frost attacks in a certain number of seconds during the shatter phase, more of an overall number of PHYSICAL and FROST within X seconds it seems."

Send Pet button is amazing. And Viscidus I've solo'ed twice as a BM hunter with the Chimera pet and dropping snake trap and CD's on Shatters.

Razorgore, I have yet to figure out.

C'Thun, I couldn't do it. My pet kept vanishing when I got ported below.
    (Is it "See-thoon" or "Ka-thoon"?)

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 01:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    If c'thun dropped a pet im certain that boss wouldve gotten nerfed too
    The first boss of AQ40 (Can't remember his name at the moment) Dropped a companion, and I won it. Mini Mindslayer Mini Mindslayer
    Last edited by Arkuri; 2012-11-28 at 09:15 AM.

Solod the first 3 wings of Naxx 10 for the 3 bosses that drop the new companions. A complete joke. Solod up to (and including) twins easily as well, but I couldn't do the ooze guy. As an elemental shaman I didn't have the hits to kill him after I froze him. BWL I haven't tried to solo the first boss yet since the nerf. I usually just 2 man it with my brother. So for me anyways, other than the ooze guy and the first boss in BWL, everything else is super easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    So funny that you can now solo Viscidus but not Cthun due to mechanics, what were they thinking?
    You can't kite Ouro to C'thun's room anymore?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkuri View Post
    (Is it "See-thoon" or "Ka-thoon"?)
    It's Ka-thoon
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    There's always Kuh Thun as well.

But yes, kiting Ouro to C'Thun's room means you're dragged out of the stomach after a second or so. You need to have a target macro and insta ranged ability ready to hit the tentacles in that time, but you're out of the stomach before insta death.

You need to run into the middle of C'Thun to continue the fight so you get "thrown out" properly, otherwise things will cease spawning and you won't get stomach munched.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, reporting in as warrior, surprisingly with nothing positive to say about aq40. Vek'lor still despawns because I can't damage it so he just despawns instead of dropping loot, and viscidus still isnt soloable because even if I got myself a separate weapon with deathfrost/elemental force I still can't do the melee attacks fast enough. Good fucking game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Well, reporting in as warrior, surprisingly with nothing positive to say about aq40. Vek'lor still despawns because I can't damage it so he just despawns instead of dropping loot, and viscidus still isnt soloable because even if I got myself a separate weapon with deathfrost/elemental force I still can't do the melee attacks fast enough. Good fucking game.
    Isn't thunderclap considered Nature damage anymore?

Also consider investing in a pair of fast 1h'ers you can use, and haste trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkuri View Post
    Did AQ 40 tonight, I actually almost solo'ed Twins, but the adds got out of control for me to manage while switching targets focusing on keeping my pet at max range without moving my self closer or farther away. Any closer they would start healing, any farther my pet would despawn. And as BM, I can keep my pet alive while doing Spell and Physical damage at decent rate, not needing to actually move anywhere, just have to have my pet switch target, and myself switch targets without having my pet budge an inch.[/URL]
    Just tank em next to each other and out DPS the heal. Put your pet on passive and stick him on the physical guy while you focus down the magic guy. Took 3 mins to kill but works just fine.

Deleted
    Just tried AQ40 as a Frost (2hand) DK. I killed everything beside of C'thun (died ± 2 seconds after I was teleported to the stomach)

I out-dps the heal of the twins ... obliterate on the melee twin and rime procs on the other one ... soul reaper is also working on the melee twin

cheers

So as of this morning:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Viscidus, Twin Emperors, C'Thun, Al'ar and Reliquary of Souls should be easier to kill now. The developers applied a hotfix during the night. So, if you haven't gone to C'Thun yet today, you should!
    Went into AQ40 today, soloed Viscidus before I even had a chance to setup my plan of attack (3 attacks to freeze, 3 to shatter), and C'thun didn't 1 shot me in his stomach.

So given I soloed Viscidus as a warlock without doing anything special (I think my FG did all 3 melees to shatter him), I think it is safe to say ANY class can solo him now.
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2012-11-30 at 11:54 PM.

Deleted
    How did you get Viscidus to freeze? As a retri paladin I smacked away, but he just will not freeze. C'thun was working like you said though, went inside, didn't get one shot, finished C'thun easily solo.

Put the elemental force enchant on a weapon. You need to do frost damage to freeze him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Put the elemental force enchant on a weapon. You need to do frost damage to freeze him.
    Yeah I'm an idiot, I knew about the frost damage but forgot the enchant part, looks like Deathfrost works too, but Elemental Force uses current mats so it easier and cheaper.
    Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    For those who have a problem with soloing Viscidus just go too stormpeaks and buy a weapon that does frost damage (the cheapest way).

As for razorgore you need too switch back too adds every 10th egg you destroy or they will zerg it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

screw these bosses..wtb soloable R. of souls.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Is only takes 3 melee attacks to shatter the ooze guy? I was using the idea of stepping back and using throw after he is frozen (on a warrior) and it worked fine. Took a bit more than three though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    screw these bosses..wtb soloable R. of souls.
    This is soloable too now, cooldown on spirit shock (or whatever it's called) is now 15 seconds, just solo'd whole of BT with no problem.

no oils for sale, no mats at all to make the oils, so yea it could be soloable but it isnt even worth the time to go out and farm the mats to make the damn things in the first place.
    Cool you play a dk but try viscidus as a destro lock

Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    no oils for sale, no mats at all to make the oils, so yea it could be soloable but it isnt even worth the time to go out and farm the mats to make the damn things in the first place.
    Cool you play a dk but try viscidus as a destro lock
    I could be wrong but you could always enchant your staff or sword with Elemental Force and melee Viscidus.