Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Nerfing the bosses for 90s also ruins the raid for anyone who still does vanilla/TBC/WOTLK raids.

By the time they release the ability to normalize ilvl for old raids, they'll be so different that half the people won't care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I could be wrong but you could always enchant your staff or sword with Elemental Force and melee Viscidus.
    ALOT of other ways to do it as several classes.

Other ways how it can be done:
    -First of all, get a fast 1-hander(or two 1-handers if your class supports it).
    - Potion of Speed is also good to have to speed up those melee attacks(you cant use it together with Hyperspeed Accelerators, so use the potion).
    -If you have no classes with frostspells in the group, you need Brunnhildar Harpoon, Brunnhildar Great Axe, Brunnhildar Bow, a weapon enchanted with Enchant Weapon - Deathfrost, or a weapon encoated with Frost Oil.
    -Wand with frost damage does NOT count as a frost spell.

Priest
    - Mind Spike counts as a frost spell.

Shaman
    - Bloodlust / Heroism when he freezes for the haste.
    -Dual Frostbrand Weapon counts as frost spells, but remember to change to Windfury Weapon before he freezes, and push frozen with just Frost Shock when getting close.
    - Frost Shock counts as a frost spell.

Mage
    - Time Warp when he freezes for the haste.
    - Frostfire Bolt counts as a frost spell.

Hunter
    - Snake Trap and Readiness = 2 traps, and therefore 28 snakes. The boss is immune to nature damage, so you will get alot of "IMMUNE" warnings from the poison they try to inflict, but the melee attacks still count.
    -(Spell #2973) counts as a melee strike, and wont reset your swing timer.
    -(Spell #2974) should also count as a melee strike, if I remember correctly from back when training weapon skills were possible.

DK
    - Army of the Dead is 8 ghouls attacking with melee, including your regular ghoul and you, thats an army of 10 melee. To obtain 75 melee hits within 15secs, you need to hit 5 times per second, or each of an army of 10 need to hit 1 time every 2 seconds. I dont know how fast the ghouls attack speed are, but you should use 1-handers if you plan to solo it.
    - Unholy Presence(w/ Improved Unholy Presence) gives 15% haste.
    - Icy Touch, Glyph of Chains of Ice( Chains of Ice glyphed) and Howling Blast does NOT count as frost spells.
    - Rune of Razorice on weapons do count as a frost spells.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=15299/viscidus#comments

Quote Originally Posted by Peroxidex View Post
    Nerfing the bosses for 90s also ruins the raid for anyone who still does vanilla/TBC/WOTLK raids.

By the time they release the ability to normalize ilvl for old raids, they'll be so different that half the people won't care anymore.
    Because the complete revamp of the talent system and the overall significantly higher damage of players compared to 60s in vanilla and 70s in BC doesn't already completely ruin it. I remember reading people recently complaining that they were doing 5k dps at 60, which wasn't even remotely possible in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    5k dps at 60
    Not 100% true... If they are taking the data from bonus damage against Dragonkin and Elementals before they took away the bonus damage to Elementals with opposites elements from spells. (Can't remember the 'mechanic' name they had for it.)
    But yeah, for the most part, it is BS. 7K was near end-game BC in SWP gear, or entry Naxx. Fairly sure average end-game DPS in Classic was 2700~.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkuri View Post
    ALOT of other ways to do it as several classes.

Other ways how it can be done:

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=15299/viscidus#comments
    And if you bothered reading you would notice he's a warlock and can not equip any of the Brunnhildar weapons, could not find any Frost Oil, and finding a copy of Enchant Weapon - Deathfrost cheaper than Elemental Force is rather difficult.

Soloed both as a balance druid.

Razorgore: destroy egg everytime you can, after the first MC breaks, heal yourself to get aggro from mobs that aren't hitting you already, aoe until boss gets to you. Start the 2nd MC to nuke the remaining eggs.

Viscidus: I enchanted my previous weapon with elemental force and used cat form (still in balance gear). It took two freezes to kill the boss. Just make sure you have full energy when the boss is frozen solid.

So, not to derail the Razorgore/Viscidus discussion, but I wanted to chime in and see if anyone saw something that I didn't about C'thun becoming soloable?

I only ask, because I have been clearing AQ for rep the past few weeks, and have known he was impossible. I go in there usually to die and be rezzed at the beginning of the instance to turn in the quest stuff. Well tonight, I went into his stomach (I had popped Guardian shortly before) and kill the tentacle things that pop up, and came out and killed him! No death.

I didn't even know what to do, because I was in shock. Anyway, undocumented patch notes or massive luck? No clue here...

edit: Nevermind, did some digging and it looks like C'thun was changed as well as some others!
    Last edited by jetersky; 2012-12-01 at 08:54 AM.

I tried soloing Razorgore on my 85 guardian Druid, wiped three times. Got down to two eggs on my second attempt before Razorgore died. After the first MC I gathered what mobs I could, physically, and more just kept coming. What's the deal? I didn't expect a faceroll but this feels sorta bullshit to me. I still had to join a raid group to even get into the dungeon in the first place.

Not 100% true... If they are taking the data from bonus damage against Dragonkin and Elementals before they took away the bonus damage to Elementals with opposites elements from spells. (Can't remember the 'mechanic' name they had for it.)
    But yeah, for the most part, it is BS. 7K was near end-game BC in SWP gear, or entry Naxx. Fairly sure average end-game DPS in Classic was 2700~.
    2700 in classic?! Your sir are insane. I was doing a bit over 3k on Brutallus as a Combat Rogue with Warglaives. DPS in Classic was no where near 2700.

Deleted
    Highest DPS recorded in classic was about 1400, and that's a fully decked out fury warrior with ALL available world buffs you can even imagine. On patchwerk.
    No other class would even come close to this, and basically it was just meter padding.
    700-900 DPS was great back then for endgame naxxramas.

DPS in the past always gets vastly exaggeratet by a lot of peaple.
    It's the same bullshit as "i did 15-20k fresh 85 in cata", ", i did 6k fresh 80 in wotlk.", just not true. (corect values are 10-11k (and only if you were a survival hunter) as well as 1300-1500 depending on class)

Nowadays you do the dps of a blue equipped classic lvl 60 on lvl 18 in heirlooms.
    60 content already IS a joke compared to 7 years ago.
    Last edited by mmoc0c8f6d1d73; 2012-12-01 at 09:44 AM.

Deleted
    7k was above the average Icc 25man normal DPS.

In classic you had to be fully Naxx geared to go above 1k, and that was only for a certain amount of classes. I remember a video with a full geared warrior doing 1.5k on Patchwerk.

2700 is more like what people did at the end of Sunwell.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2012-12-01 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I suppose Emps don't heal for nearly as much now then? Even at 85 we needed a raid of no less than five and if they got together they'd heal for 20% of their health in a matter of seconds.
    Twins healed for 20k each when they were close and not casting any spells, so that was 40k HPS, but since every other second they casted something, 21-22k DPS was enough to beat the enrage. This was possible for my 85 DK in cata with 380 iLvl, and my playing skill wasn't high. No nerf required here, just tank them together.

Smoking crack... people doing sunwell would struggle to pull 2k on brut.
    average DPS during vanilla was like 500

I'll second Minkage re: BC dps numbers. I played a destro lock (top of the heap in DPS throughout BC) and I never hit 2k dps until I had my 4pc T6 and Illidan's staff. I never did better than 2.4k in SWP. The only people that EVER touched 3k dps were Hunters with the legendary bow off Kil'jaeden.

Quote Originally Posted by easterbunny View Post
    I'll second Minkage re: BC dps numbers. I played a destro lock (top of the heap in DPS throughout BC) and I never hit 2k dps until I had my 4pc T6 and Illidan's staff. I never did better than 2.4k in SWP. The only people that EVER touched 3k dps were Hunters with the legendary bow off Kil'jaeden.
    To put it in perspective you raid needed approx 9500 dps to down the original patchwerk before enraging. Even with only 25 dps (assuming 4 tanks and 11 healers, unsure how much you would exactly need for that) each raider would have to put out 380 dps. That's right, less than 400 dps... Heck you can replace 5 of those dps with healers and still only require less than 500 dps to beat the enrage timer. If dps were doing 2700 on average you would only need 4 dps for that fight to beat it, by a wide margin at that. So when it comes to what dps were pulling in vanilla you are looking at 500 on average, with some possibly pushing close to 1k with the right gear.

OT - Can't wait to be able to farm C'thun for that sexy two hander ax. /drool

I'm having trouble with Razorgore because he keeps dying. I'm not sure how to break MC to run in and pull mobs off, but I always get to like 3 eggs before adds overwhelm and kill him.

I tried sleeping dragonkin, but after doing that, all the dragons attacked me and the orcs attacked Razor, so I'm not sure what to do. Not sure how effective his other abilities are, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    I'm having trouble with Razorgore because he keeps dying. I'm not sure how to break MC to run in and pull mobs off, but I always get to like 3 eggs before adds overwhelm and kill him.

I tried sleeping dragonkin, but after doing that, all the dragons attacked me and the orcs attacked Razor, so I'm not sure what to do. Not sure how effective his other abilities are, either.
    His other abilities are pretty lackluster. I'm going to assume your a druid since you stated your sleeping only dragonkin. You can use an instant heal that is bound to something other than 0-9 on him when he is considered your pet. That should make heal him and cause most of the mobs in the room to aggro you then its just downing them while he pounds on you then re-mcing and getting the last few remaining eggs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nehunter View Post
    Twins healed for 20k each when they were close and not casting any spells, so that was 40k HPS, but since every other second they casted something, 21-22k DPS was enough to beat the enrage. This was possible for my 85 DK in cata with 380 iLvl, and my playing skill wasn't high. No nerf required here, just tank them together.
    Haha you can't seriously compare a DK to any other class

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    screw these bosses..wtb soloable R. of souls.
    Pet classes can currently solo this, and have been able to since Cataclysm.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Pet classes can currently solo this, and have been able to since Cataclysm.
    And so can prot paladins.. Pretty sure every tank class can though