Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    I understand being 19 years old and the need to be recognized as an adult. What's holding you back is that you currently live at home. In my opinion if you live in someones (parents, friends, relative) house and don't contribute to the bills you have to follow their rules. If you were living there and paying rent and contributing to the house I would lean more to your side, but seeing that you go to school and don't help pay the bills you should abide by their rules.
    There is difference between houserules and not wanting to cut his hair.

Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    Given that you live in their house and are asking for their money, they can put ANY conditions on their gifts. If you want to keep your hair long, move out and get a job. Just because you are a legal adult does not mean you can live how you want to. I have to dress in suits for my job. I cant go to work in jeans and expect to keep my job.
    Wow, they are two completely different situations.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Cut your hair. Long hair is for girls.
    Daddy issues!

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Not for my parents, for my 2 best friends.

Excuse me for having money problems.

And what does the quote say about me? Who are you to judge my personality?
    So you have money problems at 19 and are asking your parents for money to buy gifts for your friends?

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you ever consider you might like it with short/er hair as well? Whats the big deal about cutting your hair its not like it won´t grow out again, and when as said you still live with your parents.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    Their house, their rules.
    So if another adult moves into your house you are going to tell them how to cut their hair, what cloths to wear and expect them to listen? That is bullshit and you know it.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    A couple of euro's per month is mooching? Wow....

I am paying all my own bills currently, but somehow I am still mooching? -.-
    Do you live under their roof? If so do you pay rent?
    Do you buy your own groceries, or do they buy them, and you eat their food?
    etc.

You are mooching if you don't support yourself 100%. You already said you don't, so yes, you are mooching. It's not a bad thing to ask for help when you need it, or when you are trying to establish yourself, but right now you are dependent on them to survive. As such, they have the right to ask you to cut your hair (and they WILL continue to do so even when you are independent but won't have any leverage to get you to comply). You don't have to like it, obviously you don't.

May I ask, what did you expect to accomplish with this thread? A bunch of "Your parents are totally unreasonable" responses?

Deleted
    So you have money problems at 19 and are asking your parents for money to buy gifts for your friends?
    Yeah.

I don't see any problems here.

Do you?

For your information, I pay all my own bills myself, money for school, money for school materials, my own healthcare. (that is about 450 euro's per month altogether)

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFlames View Post
    Their country, their dictator, right?
    Exactly, I am glad that you understand...

Quote Originally Posted by blupparen View Post
    There is difference between houserules and not wanting to cut his hair.
    So if he decides he doesn't want to shower anymore it's not ok for his parents to tell him to shower when he begins to stink up their house? Grooming standards are something that should be enforcable under their roof. Would you agree if he was female and her parents wouldn't let her wear daisy dukes and tube tops?

Deleted
    Well, I got HIM to comply.

Got some money after all.
    And this money is used to buy birthday gifts so don't go all 'mooching' on me.

Pff...
    Childish attitude... You're mooching money off others and angry that they ask you to do something in return. Get a job.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I got HIM to comply.

Got some money after all.
    And this money is used to buy birthday gifts so don't go all 'mooching' on me.

Pff...
    So your parents are buying the birthdays gifts...are the gifts for one of your parents?

Yeah.

I don't see any problems here.

Do you?

For your information, I pay all my own bills myself, money for school, money for school materials, my own healthcare. (that is about 450 euro's per month altogether)
    Do you pay for the house you live in (mortgage or rent), food in the fridge, and utilities (gas, electric, and water)? If not that your not paying all of your bills.

So if he decides he doesn't want to shower anymore it's not ok for his parents to tell him to shower when he begins to stink up their house? Grooming standards are something that should be enforcable under their roof. Would you agree if he was female and her parents wouldn't let her wear daisy dukes and tube tops?
    One of these things effects the people around you, the other does not.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting a job that would pay you enough to live on your own is not an option because most businesses that can afford to do that require you to be presentable. Outrageously long hair is going to erase any chance you have of getting one of those jobs. While I understand the need to rebel, hell I grew a Goatee in high school that was awesome just for the sake of it, your parents are not being Evil Tyrants, they are trying to help you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    Childish attitude... You're mooching money off others and angry that they ask you to do something in return. Get a job.
    Because changing an aspect of your body that you like is a fair trade for some money. The shitty feeling that you get afterwards of cutting your hair is totally worth it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 02:45 PM ----------

Do you pay for the house you live in (mortgage or rent), food in the fridge, and utilities (gas, electric, and water)? If not that your not paying all of your bills.
    I do not pay for those, but I do occasionally give them money when they need some.

And yes, I do. Because my parents do not bill me for food and other basic needs, and I love them dearly for that.

If his parents let him live there while going to school, that's great. It doesn't suddenly turn it into a dictatorship.

Cutting his hair is not equal to a "house rule" like asking him not to shit in the houseplants.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFlames View Post
    Their country, their dictator, right?
    Logical fallacy. Sorry, but you have the option to move out. This isn't abusive (now if he was beating him for not cutting his hair, then yes), so like I said, their house, their rules.

Don't like it, leave, it's that simple.

daddys house hes rules.. respect your parents or gtfo really

I hate to say it but you are acting like the stereotypical "I'm 19! I'm an adult now! You can't tell me what to do!" but then turn around and ask your folks for money to buy your friends presents? When I was going to school the only time I asked my parents for money was "I need to buy this school book" or "I haven't done laundry in two months. Can you send some cash please?" Get over yourself already. /shakesfist /damnkids

Now, let me tell you a story. Back when I was in college I had a goatee. One Halloween I shaved the middle out of it so it was basically two spikes. I kept it that way for awhile until Thanksgiving. My stepdad saw it and within a day offered me $20 to shave it off. I liked my stupid goatee but what did I do?

I shaved the damn thing off because I was a poor college student and $20 was more useful than facial hair.

But on a more serious note, like everyone said. You live under your parents roof, you live by their rules. You want to be independent and have your hair long? Move out and get a better job/second job. It's not as hard as you think. Just get over the mentality that you deserve, as a college student, some high paying entry level job.

P.S. I had a shaved head when I started my career about 8 years ago. I'm growing my hair out now (I've never had long hair so I'm curious about it) and have a full sleeve tattoo. You get more wiggle room with your appearance after you've actually put in some time in the workplace. Suck it up and it'll work out in the end.