Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4 set bonus Reduce AW duration by 65 seconds

Sw still viable when u have the 4 set ?

Screw haste and 30 sec wings, we're going back to cata ret with max mastery, zeal and 2 min wings baby.

Deleted
    To me this means that HA > SW, since we can again stack both CDs, we'll jut go back to DragonSoul . ( Yes, we lose 5 seconds of AW by stacking it with HA, my god! )

Not sure how I feel about this, was really looking forward to the un-nerfed 4sb

Good, an AW nerf. Now bring in the TV/Judg/Exo buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this, was really looking forward to the un-nerfed 4sb
    same here.. :/ i want the TV/Judg/exo buffs tho..(like that's ever going to happen <.<, cause paladins are supposedly to be healers lol..)

its not even that big of a nerf it just means now it will line up with Es every time and the nerf is not much at all if your an engineer, stick with sw its only 20 seconds folks no need to flip tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    its not even that big of a nerf it just means now it will line up with Es every time and the nerf is not much at all if your an engineer, stick with sw its only 20 seconds folks no need to flip tables.
    More like ~23% nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    More like ~23% nerf.
    lol simple math. you cant just take the percentage loss and fling it on the screen. this will buff Es damage by 10% and you will have synapse springs for every wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    its only 20 sec ??? o0 u know what i can do with 20 sec ??? ill have 5 HoW + iron belly wok <---------- BIGGGGGG nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    its only 20 sec ??? o0 u know what i can do with 20 sec ??? ill have 5 HoW + iron belly wok <---------- BIGGGGGG nerf
    You should read what he said about Synapse Springs and ES and try make a connection with your trinket. Also If you still use Iron Belly Wok when you get your 4-piece I will feel bad for you.

IDK trucking between hammers, tvs, and exos still feels more powerful. GOtta remember HA 30% is only to half our attacks, meanwhile the 20% wings is everything/longer Plus hammer pretty much outshines tv. HA basically is only giving u 2 extra HP per hit. It's not as good as cata ret where it was CS for TVs or bust.

SW wings will ALWAYS have the 45icd procs without delays. You likely will need to delay with HA or miss a proc stack entirely. Plus as butosai said this is another huge buff to engineering.

and lets not even talk about haste and CD values. You can reliably hammer every GCD after a filler which is usually TV/EXO/ES/Inqu if you run out of attacks to proc TV with it's a bust in HA.

It's also not OMG OUR BONUS SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS. We still have one of the best 4 sets in the entire tier. We are still going to have some of the best single target in the entire tier after we are geared in full Normal mode raid gear/4 set. We are more then competitive, the sky is not infact falling.

What sounds better tho
    30 seconds of Hammer>Filler>Hammer>TV>hammer>filler>hammer>TV>hammer>filler>hammer>tv>hammer

18 seconds of Hammer>TV>filler>TV>filler>TV>Hammer>TV>filler> TV>filler

I'd say SW is better considering the 20% actually affects everything. We use less weak ass fillers and more of our powerhouse mastery attacks, Proc syncs are guaranteed, and HoW has a HEAVY ap scaling coif TV is more based on the power of your weapon slot. Double strength proc trinkets makes HoW a beast.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-11-03 at 06:13 PM.

Yeah, given that it will now line up with things, as opposed to not lining up with anything before, this probably isn't as huge of a nerf as it looks, for engineers and anyone who has an on use trinket especially. They might as well nerf it to 60 sec though, since everyone will now wait the extra 5 sec to line stuff up.

By the way is Iron Belly Wok really that bad? Should I buy it and use it over Zen Alchemist stone? I am an engineer btw, so I suppose that makes it worse as well.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2012-11-03 at 06:10 PM.

for me its not i have iron belly wok it gives Str and when i use it for 15 second i have more HoW , More Tv , More cs ( 3.10 sec ) more judgment and it has 1 min cool down, stakcing it with Relic of Xuen wich is also give me Str it would be gr8 , Also i have synapse
    but as it seems back to Sw and Ha i prefere HA with 4 set bonus better lines up and more dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    for me its not i have iron belly wok it gives Str and when i use it for 15 second i have more HoW , More Tv , More cs ( 3.10 sec ) more judgment and it has 1 min cool down, stakcing it with Relic of Xuen wich is also give me Str it would be gr8 , Also i have synapse
    but as it seems back to Sw and Ha i prefere HA with 4 set bonus better lines up and more dmg
    Higher burst but how long can you sustain it?

Don't forget that HA means opening sequence like wings - goak - how - exo - cs/jugde - inq - es - HA - how - tv - how - tv - how - tv - how - tv etc.

More like ~23% nerf.
    Be glad they nerfed the clearly overpowered tier set and not the hammer attack/talent itself. I applaud blizzard on using logic for once honestly.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 06:30 PM ----------

Don't forget that HA means opening sequence like wings - goak - how - exo - cs/jugde - inq - es - HA - how - tv - how - tv - how - tv - how - tv etc.
    yes... how/tv with that amazing 5 second hammer cooldown. Oh you mean Lust pull. Well thankfully that is a terrible idea on almost every single fight.

Maybe that would work on like. feng thats about it.

Also ES isn't use an forget you wait for the double procs then use it. Damage is on cast and not updated. Of course if procs just faded delaying is stupid but on pull esppecially with guardian / procs not up delaying is well worth it.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-11-03 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Be glad they nerfed the clearly overpowered tier set and not the hammer attack/talent itself. I applaud blizzard on using logic for once honestly.
    That's right. It could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    yes... how/tv with that amazing 5 second hammer cooldown. Oh you mean Lust pull. Well thankfully that is a terrible idea on almost every single fight.
    Of course it's not lust, HoW on almost every pull has 3 sec cd due to prepull-SW being still active.
    Last edited by Megraam; 2012-11-03 at 07:10 PM.

That's right. It could be worse.

Of course it's not lust, HoW on almost every pull has 3 sec cd due to prepull-SW being still active.
    That is more like an oversight that i hope gets fix and T11 prot gutted. They need to be gone and i won't do them on progression unless absolutely neccesary.

i hate SW, the 'rhythm' of it feels really disruptive to me. i'm not looking forward to it being my optimal choice when i get my 4set and i really hate that they are still making us front loaded on burst.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"