Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

healers destroy bgs

i mean the capture the flag bgs. i am sure i am not the only one experiecing bgs with five or more healers. they just run up to the flag in a huge fucking pile and are practically unkillable.

great idea blizz do make pvp stats twice as good for healers.

I had a WSG against an ally team with 6 healers yesterday. Neither team could kill the efc, just timed out 0 - 0.

If the mandatory 2 healers in 10man, 3healer in 15man BG rule could be implemented without killing either healers or dps' queue times I'd be overjoyed.

40mans don't need any restrictions in that regard.

It's not healer per se....it's the fact that blizzard has been lazy in implementing the tools it has at its disposal like the dungeon finder or LFR queue system to balance DPS and Healers in BG's.

IIRC they are planning to do that...in addition to some potential nerfs to heals and not allowing PVP Power to effect DPS AND Heals (d@mn hybrids)

Deleted
    this is why there are the flag things that stack up to 100% more damage

Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    this is why there are the flag things that stack up to 100% more damage
    yeah - that worked in Cataclysm but isn't sufficient in MoP if you have multiple healers on a FC (and cleansing each other)
    Last edited by Kashii; 2012-11-03 at 07:09 PM.

Had a gamer last night where the allies had 5 holy paladins and a blood dk carrying flag.... game ended with 0:0....

Deleted
    Thats what happens if mana is not a resource you keep your eye on as long as you know what spells to spam. Ends in 0/10 all the time.

Didn't Blizzard say that Mana is a ressource that doesn't cap or restrict your character as long as you have enough of it, but completely wrecks you, if you run out of it (that's the tradeoff)?

The problem is: no one ever runs out of mana, and a healer with ZERO mana is as good as a healer with full mana, if he isn't pressured by 3 dps at once. I know that the standard pretext and excuse is that this game isn't balanced for 1on1, but it also shouldn't be true, that a healer who starts a duel with zero mana has 100% mana at the end of the duel (well, when the DPS decides to give up). This is just pathetic. The only thing that worked in Cata was necrotic strike, and guess what... they nerfed it in MoP!

Other ressources work as intendend, they permanently cap your character. Mana has no drawbacks since classic or maybe BC.
    Last edited by Sarevoc; 2012-11-03 at 08:25 PM.

Heals should only be 25% effective when self cast in pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevoc View Post
    Didn't Blizzard say that Mana is a ressource that doesn't cap or restrict your character as long as you have enough of it, but completely wrecks you, if you run out of it (that's the tradeoff)?

The problem is: no one ever runs out of mana, and a healer with ZERO mana is as good as a healer with full mana, if he isn't pressured by 3 dps at once. I know that the standard pretext and excuse is that this game isn't balanced for 1on1, but it also shouldn't be true, that a healer who starts a duel with zero mana has 100% mana at the end of the duel (well, when the DPS decides to give up). This is just pathetic. The only thing that worked in Cata was necrotic strike, and guess what... they nerfed it in MoP!

Other ressources work as intendend, they permanently cap your character. Mana has no drawbacks since classic or maybe BC.
    I think it did have in BC, i think healers started standing still selfcasting without any problems from WOTLK. In TBC there were OP healers sure as feral speced resto druids but they had to run around.

Deleted
    As an horde player i rarely see more than 1 healer per BG (10mans) , but i agree healing is a bit to strong healing to full health in 1-2 GC is to much

Deleted
    Resilience should reduce healing received. PvP power would counter resil, just like for dps.
    Atm resil & pvp power work together, dumb imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard have already stated two things, in either GC's twitter or otherwise:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We're looking at implementing the balancing system that we have in LFD and LFR into the PvP queuing system, such that teams should have roughly equal amounts of healers.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We're looking at only allowing PvP Power to increase a character's main spec output (i.e. a Resto Shaman shouldn't be getting a PvP Power bonus to his Lightning Bolt, and a Shadow Priest shouldn't be getting a PvP Power bonus to his Power Word: Shield).
    Whether they act on these is another question.

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 01:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevoc View Post
    Mana has no drawbacks since classic or maybe BC.
    I know it's niche, but Arcane Mage Mastery says hello.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

tbh yes its annoying, but its easy to overcome if someone steps up and you use a bit of co-ordination.

let the debuff stack and you can just ignore the healers throw a bit of CC around and drop a smokebomb, use lust and things just drop in random CTF bgs with the debuff.

the reason the "we have 5 healers in ctf lol" teams seem strong is because 9/10 in a random bg people just solo attack flag carriers while half the team sits in the midfield, where the reality is you can basically just leave your flag carrier with 1 healer and a spare dps because these teams usually don't have enough dps to kill anything unless they are all really well geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Heals should only be 25% effective when self cast in pvp.
    Yeah, no.

10chars

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    yeah - that worked in Cataclysm but isn't sufficient in MoP if you have multiple healers on a FC (and cleansing each other)
    more classes have instant kill burst now so...

healers don't win bgs, players do

good dps has more impact then good healing
    bad healing has more impact then bad dps
    random bgs are filled with bad dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlan View Post
    As an horde player i rarely see more than 1 healer per BG (10mans) , but i agree healing is a bit to strong healing to full health in 1-2 GC is to much
    Considering how geared you have to be to come close to healing to full in TWO gcs...and the fact that heals big enough for that will be kicked or you will be silenced, or require say 3 holy power...most of you seem to leave out the fact that these healers are in FULL MoP pvp gear. Without it, they get completely destroyed by the stupid amount of damage classes like warlocks, warriors, mages and hunters do.

You talk about nerfing heals...if they do that they would need to take a serious look at damage output. Heals, against an equally geared player, evens out. If the healer is better then the dps, the dps won't usually be able to kill them without help. That's just the way it is. I've seen what good players of every class can do to a healer in 1v1...it's not a matter of simply outgearing a healer anymore. If the healer has the gear and knowledge of how to play, then work together and put pressure on him instead of hoping you can blow him up in a single burst.

Healers don't survive being jumped on by 4 players without cooldowns, without clever los, without juking, without using what they have at their disposal. When they run out of cooldowns, guess what? They usually die.

These instances with 5 healers in a 10 man is something I've never experienced. Not even once. Know what i have seen though? 6 warriors in a wsg. 7 rogues in a twin peaks....yeah, makes the healer complaint a little trivial. Even if they nerfed healing you still wouldn't be able to do anything against 5 healers anyway.

Healing doesn't need a nerf for pure healing specs, it's not perfect but it sure isn't as bad as you people claim, and don't forget how geared some healers are.

(There are probably numerous spelling mistakes...typing from a phone fucking sucks)
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-11-04 at 06:53 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mop was bringing Spirit back as an important stat, well do you seen any PVP healers gemming for it?

Has spirit become an important stat for healers in pvp or did that fail. Fom the looks of the game at the moment I'd say mana regen is too high and/or mana cost of spells is too low, one of these needs to change.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Multiple Healers are really killing the under 40 man BG's for me also. Yeah sure bunch people will come with their blanket statements of Learn2Play, or you should not be able to kill a healer 1v1 or back to the cc/silence part, which I do agree with that healers should not be pushovers. What I hate is for instance a 10 man bg and u get 3 plus healers on one team. All it is then is multiple healers bouncing heals off one another and their mates. You basically have to have some uber teamwork on cc and kills to take down a team with 30-40% healer makeup.

Let's face it Blizz has relaxed how easy healing is along with all other class mechanics. Like some have said every class is a mana battery, heals don't go oom. All classes have some HoT or instant, oh crap cast that can't be interrupted. Of course hybrid and pure dps specs with their self-heals.

Also someone mentioned this I guess it's tru is why does pvp resilience affect damage but not healing. I know MoP is new with the pvp power stat but prior to this heals were OP because while his mate was taking less damage depending on resilience heals was still healing with no loss. Yeah gear had less intellect or spirit than pve/raid gear but to me you could still step into a bg's/arena and get big heals. Anyways the big thing to me is all healers in one bg which makes it impossible and really no fun. Arena's and rbg's are different because of working as a team but then againn I'm not much of arena person.

Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    Mop was bringing Spirit back as an important stat, well do you seen any PVP healers gemming for it?

Has spirit become an important stat for healers in pvp or did that fail. Fom the looks of the game at the moment I'd say mana regen is too high and/or mana cost of spells is too low, one of these needs to change.
    thhe spirit thing was never a pvp change it was a pve change. pvp regen is alot different since there are much more opportunities to get out of combat and have your full mana regen kick in/get a few sips of mana drink in.

in pvp throughput is king and in pve sustainability is.