• Cata style vendors for Justice and Valor gear

171 56.62%
  • MOP Style rep grind

131 43.38%

Thread: Dailies!

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Dailies!

So much fun. Being valor capped and only being able to buy a neck. Sorry i don't have time to do 30 dailies a day. What was wrong with past way to get gear ? Having a JP vendor and a Valor vendor. Still had to earn the points to get gear. How are you supposed to progress a character without dailies? Full heroic gear is not enough to que for latest LFR even. And the loot system is horrible for LFR anyway. So can't get gear upgrades at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer how it is now. I don't feel compelled to grind dungeons over and over and over to get rep up, even after I've managed to outgear the dungeon themselves. Now I have options. I can do dailies if I want (I haven't in two days!), or do dungeons or do LFR and all this on our regular raids. I have flexible choice.

Also, as a side note: you're not supposed to just get into Heart of Fear LFR with dungeon blues. You're supposed to gear up in vaults LFR first (just as we do in vaults normal), before progressing to HoF.

Deleted
    As Darsithis, I don't enjoy dungeon grinding and you don't have to do all the dailies, can pick how many and whatever you want to do in MoP. I prefer it being this way.

I'll be honest. At first I hated this way. Now I prefer the MoP way. I can even make some gold this way and don't have to deal with stupid people.

I just wish these mobs had less HP.

Very tired of doing dailies. Finally only have celestials left (yes, I did hit exalted with the others). I'd be ok with dailies if they were all the same. Why is it celestials only have to do 5 quests while golden lotus has 15. Should be 5 quests all giving roughly the same amount of rep.

Cata way was much better. I already have to do dungeons to gear up, at least let me get my rep at the same time. Now you have to do dungeons AND dailies to gear up. For people that have jobs and families and limited game time making them spend an hour or more doing a dungeon plus an hour or more for dailies sucks. Especially factoring in raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP, Tabard system is terrible, and gives 0 meaning to what a faction actually is.

It's impossible to gear up through LFR vaults. The loot system is horrible. I don't know one person in my group of irl friends that have won anything but 28g with greater charm rolls including myself. So where am i gearing up?

Tabards and "double dipping" (in the developers parlance) was better. In fact that's how it's always been and changing it makes no sense. Getting loot is now a pain in the ass and totally gay. Expect people to leave because of this and expect it to change. Sub expires at the end of the week do not expect to resub until changes are made.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-11-12 at 03:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mhanfield View Post
    It's impossible to gear up through LFR vaults. The loot system is horrible. I don't know one person in my group of irl friends that have won anything but 28g with greater charm rolls including myself. So where am i gearing up?
    Very unlucky, I've got a couple of items myself and my friends too.

Deleted
    Crafted BoE epics. PVP gear, is also nice, if youre into PVPing (the 383 one ofc). Other than that, its simple you have to rely on LFR's RNG. If you dont want to work on your character as much by doing dailies, then oh well, you can't progress it as fast as the other people do, it's your problem, not the system's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Very tired of doing dailies. Finally only have celestials left (yes, I did hit exalted with the others).
    I'm just gonna put this out there now, for the people suffering "dailies burnout". People....THIS is why you're suffering "dailies burnout". STOP AT REVERED AND GO BACK TO IT LATER!

I've hit exalted with the following factions thusfar.

- Cloud Serpent
    - Tillers
    - August Celestials

Now, I'm going back to work on Golden Lotus. JUST Golden Lotus. Those are the only dailies I'm doing right now. So, I do 15 daily quests each day and that's it. After I hit exalted, I'll go work on Klaxxi. Or, if the patch is out before then, I'll just go work on the new dailies and set Golden Lotus back to the side. Exalted is not important. I've unlocked the gear that was available for purchase. That's as far as I NEED to go. Which isn't very far in the long run, and allows me to go to some fresh scenery sooner.

I'll bet you 90% of the people who are complaining about being burnt out by dailies are doing this exact same thing as the guy I just quoted. Of COURSE you're burnt out! You're doing far more than is even necessary in the first place and complaining about doing it? Really, people? Think about that.

Don't give me "but I want mounts!" as an excuse, either, because you know you'd be going to exalted in the first place. EVERY mount faction in the history of this game has required exalted for mounts. From as far back as Wintersaber rep in vanilla.

Just stop at revered and go back to it later, folks. You won't get burned out on dailies then. Trust someone who hit 90 on day 2 of the expansion and has missed, at most, two days of doing dailies since then. As the pandaren say, "SLOW DOWN!".
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    That luck can change wildly. I do LFR every week on two toons right now. So far I've used a pile of charms (reserving some for our regular raid) and won 3 tanking items, 1 dps, and 1 healer item across those two toons. Is it a lot? No, but it's honestly not that much slower than spamming dungeons like crazy to get gear either.

10+ Year Old Account
    first time into LFR vaults I got 2 sigils and 2 pieces of gear, sadly, I had better from, you guessed it... doing dailies.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That luck can change wildly. I do LFR every week on two toons right now. So far I've used a pile of charms (reserving some for our regular raid) and won 3 tanking items, 1 dps, and 1 healer item across those two toons. Is it a lot? No, but it's honestly not that much slower than spamming dungeons like crazy to get gear either.
    But I didn't spam dungeons like "crazy" either. What I had was a steady system of progression where I could eventually buy raid level gear if my luck was bad in raids. Now that system is behind dailies which I hate with a passion. Now if I want to improve my gear outside of a raid que (ad I don't pvp for the record) I have to do dailies. Before rep was tied to dungeons and but valor wasn't tied to rep. In fact rep to some degree or another has always been obtained behind dungeons and rep neved held my spending of valor back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer how it is now. I don't feel compelled to grind dungeons over and over and over to get rep up, even after I've managed to outgear the dungeon themselves. Now I have options. I can do dailies if I want (I haven't in two days!), or do dungeons or do LFR and all this on our regular raids. I have flexible choice.

Also, as a side note: you're not supposed to just get into Heart of Fear LFR with dungeon blues. You're supposed to gear up in vaults LFR first (just as we do in vaults normal), before progressing to HoF.
    100% agree with this.

I got tired of feeling forced to run heroic dungeons repeatedly in Cata in order to cap my valor.

The last year of Cata i was playing 5 characters, as mains, and i loved it. Now i can barely manage 2, it makes me sad. I really liked being able to play the game the way i liked to play it.

Wait no that's not right. You didn't need to do dungeons for rep either. Why? why were you compelled? but your not compelled to do dailies for rep? this makes no sense. You are either not compelled to do anything wow or you are. I don't see why your compelled to do one but not the other. That makes NO SENSE. Theirs a laundry list of things I could say you weren't/were compelled to do that had to be changed because so many people bitched about how they were compelled to do it. Let's reverse the 10/25 shared lock out then.

You didn't need to do dungeons and you don't need to dailies either. However dungeons have NO REWARD. If I want to run them I can and then not be rewarded for my efforts because I already have 463 gear. It would be CHOICE if dailies only granted you 463 gear or if dungeons had some additional means of reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Wait no that's not right. You didn't need to do dungeons for rep either. Why? why were you compelled? but your not compelled to do dailies for rep? this makes no sense. You are either not compelled to do anything wow or you are. I don't see why your compelled to do one but not the other. That makes NO SENSE. Theirs a laundry list of things I could say you weren't/were compelled to do that had to be changed because so many people bitched about how they were compelled to do it. Let's reverse the 10/25 shared lock out then.

You didn't need to do dungeons and you don't need to dailies either. However dungeons have NO REWARD. If I want to run them I can and then not be rewarded for my efforts because I already have 463 gear. It would be CHOICE if dailies only granted you 463 gear or if dungeons had some additional means of reward.
    We're referring to rep grind. When cata launched only two of the factions had any dalies that could be performed to increase rep, and the primary (and really best way), was to equip a tabard and run dungeon after dungeon after dungeon as quickly as I could to chase those elusive 359's.

I'm not saying that dailies are inherently better (they are for me, but not necessarily you), but they offer some variety and change, and they aren't on a timed schedule with 4 other people who can make or break the experience for you. With the lowered requirement to revered instead of exalted for gear, you don't have to plug the dailies forever to hit exalted. You don't have to do each one. Overall my gearing process has been easy and fast, already breaking 482 without even stepping into HoF yet.

Deleted
    I like dailies, but I don't like how gear is gated behind it. In fact, I think gear should not be tied to reputation at all. (ofc this doesn't go for raid-facions like the avengers of hyjal or something)

We're referring to rep grind. When cata launched only two of the factions had any dalies that could be performed to increase rep, and the primary (and really best way), was to equip a tabard and run dungeon after dungeon after dungeon as quickly as I could to chase those elusive 359's.

I'm not saying that dailies are inherently better (they are for me, but not necessarily you), but they offer some variety and change, and they aren't on a timed schedule with 4 other people who can make or break the experience for you. With the lowered requirement to revered instead of exalted for gear, you don't have to plug the dailies forever to hit exalted. You don't have to do each one. Overall my gearing process has been easy and fast, already breaking 482 without even stepping into HoF yet.
    That's still not right. Cata may have only had 2 options but guess what mists has NONE for rep other than do dailies. Again you weren't forced to do those dungeons for rep either. You could have easily not done it all in one day or night, you could have paced yourself in cataclysm as well but nobody did. You didn't need to quickly chase those elusives 359s. You could raids and really do any activity in the game without them. You could step into raids with normal dungeon gear easily. Nothing about dungeons was forced. No just like then as in just like now you chose. You can't make this argument about mists because the same thing applied to cata.

My gearing was fast all the way up to 463. Then I was done. Then everything ground to a halt and now im stuck.