Thread: New mouse

New mouse

Hi all, I'm currently using some mouse that I got for free, it's wired has two buttons and a scroll wheel. I'm looking to upgrade to something a little larger and more comfortable. I mainly just play WoW, but will be starting on some shooting games soon, and I want to look at upgrading my mouse relatively soon. I have mainly been looking at the RAZER Deathadder and RAZER Imperator. I like the thought of having a blue LED light in it because my computer case has a blue LED light on the front fan. I'm looking for suggestions as to whether I should use one of these, or maybe look at another company. I want to try a mouse with more than three buttons because I've never had one, and I think it would improve my gaming experience. Any input would be great, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You pretty much just pay for the brand with Razer, they are not usually that explicitly comfortable nor durable.

Most gaming mice have a LED-light that can be recolored within the software that come with it.

My suggestion to you would be simply to find yourself a computershop or other stores that have mice out for testing/trying so that you can feel if it's comfortable for you.
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...

Deleted
    The Deathadder is one of the only Razer mice I would consider and it's a ncie mouse assuming you don't get unlucky and get one with double click issues. If you want something solid, blue LED take a look at the Corsair M60

10+ Year Old Account
    Stay away from Razer, people recently found out that they're selling personal infomation gathered by their software.

Plus, their equipment are generally crap & overpriced.

The logitech G400 is currently the best sub $50 mouse on the market, I'd go for that.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Thanks for posts so far, I probably should have given a budget range, I'm looking to be around $75.00 or less, but I think I'll wait till after Thanksgiving to see what goes on sale.

I'd honestly stay away from Corsair's mice / keyboards...

My keyboard was faulty on arrival, second one is fine but they have rubbish customer support and apparently a lot of faulty products peripherals.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

I love my Mionix Naos 3200 personally: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826580003

You can chose from red, blue or green for the LED. Just make sure you run their software as administrator.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    I'd honestly stay away from Corsair's mice / keyboards...

My keyboard was faulty on arrival, second one is fine but they have rubbish customer support and apparently a lot of faulty products peripherals.
    Anecdotal evidence, also a source for "a lot of faulty peripherals"?

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    I love my Mionix Naos 3200 personally: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826580003

You can chose from red, blue or green for the LED. Just make sure you run their software as administrator.
    Yeah that's another great mouse and isn't too expensive.

Deleted
    I'm using logitech g400 because it have nice a grip. Beside it runs pretty smooth on my pad. The only con is that the mouse sometimes don't agree with the ingame sens so it kinda fucks up everything.

I WOULD LIKE TO RECOMMEND the Razer Mamba if you got the money or Deathadder. They are also awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Anecdotal evidence, also a source for "a lot of faulty peripherals"?
    Their website, with a lot of complaints / people asking for help with faulty peripherals.

I have nothing against their other products though, they seem to work fine in comparison.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

I'm looking at the Deathadder, I know some people that use it and they like it, I was looking at the Newegg customer reviews and it seems as if it's either I love it, or it broke down and I hate razer. Any personal experiences?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I use a G9 on my desktop I'm a big fan of it. If you have larger hands I would steer clear of Razer as their products are tiny. I really want to try out the Corsair mouse and keyboard but haven't yet.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    If you have larger hands I would steer clear of Razer as their products are tiny.
    The Naga's small. The DeathAdder is actually quite a big mouse. It's not really about hand size so much as grip though.

Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    I'm using logitech g400 because it have nice a grip. Beside it runs pretty smooth on my pad. The only con is that the mouse sometimes don't agree with the ingame sens so it kinda fucks up everything.

I WOULD LIKE TO RECOMMEND the Razer Mamba if you got the money or Deathadder. They are also awesome.
    mamba is a poor wireless deathadder NEVER EVER buy a mamba, battery will fail fast, and you will go wired, w/e they said they still have cursor problem in wireless mode. My two mamba (on the second one atm) both had/have the same problem, both battery failed quickly, and the right click become unresponsive after sometime (6-12 month usage), lots of people reporting the problem, nothing get fixed....srlyjust buy a good old deathadder and you will be golden :P This is what i will buy next time, wire will always be the best.

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 12:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ragecloud View Post
    I'm looking at the Deathadder, I know some people that use it and they like it, I was looking at the Newegg customer reviews and it seems as if it's either I love it, or it broke down and I hate razer. Any personal experiences?
    IMO deathadder is REALLY REALLY good got one before my mamba...and switching to the mamba was the worst mistake I ever did.

Deleted
    Good mice are:
    Logitech G400
    CM Storm Spawn
    Zowie Gear AM
    Corsair Vengeance M60
    Steelseries Sensei
    Mionix Naos 5000
    Logitech G9x

What I would recommend:
    Logitech G400 or Zowie Gear AM.
    Logitech G9x for claw grip.
    Steelseries Sensei or Mionix Naos 5000 for customizeability.
    Logitech G600 for MMO players that seek the "numpad for your thumb" feature.

Being a Logitech fanboy and all, I would get either the Logitech G700 or G600. The G600 is essentially a Naga, but better (trust me, I've had both, the naga sucks), and so if you plan on playing WoW often I'd get that. Otherwise, get the G700. It has a lot of buttons as well, but not as many and they are larger, allowing you to bind more important things to them, and sufficing with your keyboard for all else. Or, if you hate keyboards, just move your mouse and click, like I do (please don't hurt me).

Basically, I'd buy anything Logitech (except the G500, it's ugly). That's just me of course. It seems you are interested in Razer mice, so I can offer no suggestions, as I have only tried the Naga and I hated it. If you don't want Logitech, go Corsair, that's my second favourite brand.

Deleted
    go with logitech - in logitech i trust ^^

i personally am using the g700 - great mouse in my opinion. had the chance to try out the g600 and would have gone for that back in the day if it would have been released back then ^^ when instead i bought the g700 ...

if you want to play MMORPGs mainly i'd suggest the g600. if you want something wireless, go for the g700.