10+ Year Old Account

[Guardian] Tooth and Claw

So what's the thinking on this new ability? On the surface, it sounds interesting, but we have no real numbers on its effect VS using frenzied regeneration or savage defense. Threat wise, by the time it procs and you have the rage threat should be either a non-issue or too late to do anything about.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really imagine it being better than savage defense unless it completely negated the next melee swing, so I'm guessing the hole it's meant to fill is for when we aren't in any danger and want to add a bit more DPS into our rotation, we won't have to give up /all/ our defenses?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    I can't really imagine it being better than savage defense unless it completely negated the next melee swing, so I'm guessing the hole it's meant to fill is for when we aren't in any danger and want to add a bit more DPS into our rotation, we won't have to give up /all/ our defenses?
    Depends on if its a percentage damage reduction or a flat amount.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 06:37 PM ----------

Guess we do have numbers, and its not great.

Empowered Maul causes its victim's next auto-attack within 15 sec to deal (max((AP * $AGI) * 250 / 100, $STA * 250 / 100) * 0.4) less damage.

So flat reduction and of only the auto attacks. Good off tank ability, but that's about it.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-