Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    You can tell just from the sound of Gary's voice at the beginning he doesn't have any motivation towards RIFT, when he is mentioning about how if we are lucky it may continue to December and even January. There just seems so little effort or anything in this show and to me it just comes across as appalling, there not up-to-date on anything and it just comes over to me as a massive letdown and I don't even want to think what all the people who watch GBTV and are thinking of coming back to RIFT are thinking after they see it "oh let's check out this" 10 minuites later... "wow this sounds dull and these guys don't seem to bothered"
    Really? Gary has seemed pretty gung ho about Rift in not only this show, but the other shows as well. If you want to hear him disinterested in a game, watch The Republic. ~_^

Gary, however, is SUPER excited about Dimensions and I thought his main reason for doing a Rift show is to talk about Dimensions. After all, he is a gamer who strongly prefers sandbox games to theme parks, and has made that painfully obvious over many different shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very disappointing and lackluster unfortunately, 2 of the hosts seemed like fish out of water

Gary Gannon seems to be enthused by Dimensions but they're only a small part of the Expansion, when they couldn't even provide decent screenshots or videos and didn't even know how to reach Tempest Bay? makes you wonder why bother

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Really? Gary has seemed pretty gung ho about Rift in not only this show, but the other shows as well. If you want to hear him disinterested in a game, watch The Republic. ~_^

Gary, however, is SUPER excited about Dimensions and I thought his main reason for doing a Rift show is to talk about Dimensions. After all, he is a gamer who strongly prefers sandbox games to theme parks, and has made that painfully obvious over many different shows.
    Okay, I'll admit he was really excited about his stairs that took him 8 hours to build, I think on reflection the weakness lied with the 2 co-host people, they were not only very lackluster and bland, they knew pretty much nothing about the game! My brutal by as always honest opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Q, she has been playing the game for 6 months. But yeah, I believe for a show like that to work you need a balance of personalities. The show would, in my opinion, need an Ed Park personality who understands the mechanics of the game and can break down classes/encounters/situations in a very analytical way. In that regard I loved The Republic's dynamic because you had someone who REALLY got the technical aspect, you had someone who was well versed in PvE, and you also had the voice of a "casual" guy.

When Ed was on the Sanctum he was really good. Just didn't have anyone to play off of besides Gary in a tongue & cheek trololol mode.

However, I think the PVP changes and focus on PVE content over PVP put Ed off from Rift back in the day. Also I think IRL got the best of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Q, she has been playing the game for 6 months. But yeah, I believe for a show like that to work you need a balance of personalities. The show would, in my opinion, need an Ed Park personality who understands the mechanics of the game and can break down classes/encounters/situations in a very analytical way. In that regard I loved The Republic's dynamic because you had someone who REALLY got the technical aspect, you had someone who was well versed in PvE, and you also had the voice of a "casual" guy.
    Ed doesn't do the republic anymore they only have Larry and the guy from Darthhater website Jason? I think most people watch that for the lolz now.

I like Ed in whatever show he does. The only show he is on now is Buildcast though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Ed doesn't do the republic anymore they only have Larry and the guy from Darthhater website Jason? I think most people watch that for the lolz now.
    Justin Lowe is the guy from DarthHater. He spends the entire show biting his tongue. But yeah, I honestly watch The Republic now the lulz and to see Gary rage out like he did a few weeks ago. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Justin Lowe is the guy from DarthHater. He spends the entire show biting his tongue. But yeah, I honestly watch The Republic now the lulz and to see Gary rage out like he did a few weeks ago. =)
    Justin that's it. I missed the Gary nerdrage one I don't watch the show religiously do you know what episode # it was?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Justin that's it. I missed the Gary nerdrage one I don't watch the show religiously do you know what episode # it was?
    http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game...sed-on-legacy/

Here you go. Its a slow crescendo, but skip to the 14min mark to see it begin. But overall its a great episode that encapsulates why SWTOR is where it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game...sed-on-legacy/

Here you go. Its a slow crescendo, but skip to the 14min mark to see it begin. But overall its a great episode that encapsulates why SWTOR is where it is.
    Thanks for the link! Garry's pretty much right about it imo. They brought the Legacy in way to early in the game and far to much of focus on it. People who don't want to play 87 alts have little use for it and I was one of them. Anyways I don't want to go on tangent about SWTOR but rather comment on his raging over it. LoL.

Just a note, Gamebreaker are doing their launch day livestream right now.

Elrar is on for the duration.

http://www.twitch.tv/gamebreakertv?u...gamebreaker.tv