Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I liked IRLJasmine quite a bit. Good personality and pretty funny. Reminds me of me. I approve.

Think Jas was just flaky though. Even post-Sanctum she has been inconsistent covering games, vlogs or streaming. I think she moved too. So for a month or two she was influx.

Some ppl get real busy or burnt out. I think that was Jasmine. Heard she is back on track now though.

I read through that. They are only bringing it back for a month. They pretty much managed to alienate the entire Rift community with that BS excuse they gave so they could go hype up TORtanic more then it already had been.

They might as well keep it on TWIMMO because outside of WoW fans popping over I do not see Rift fans even bothering.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    They might as well keep it on TWIMMO because outside of WoW fans popping over I do not see Rift fans even bothering.
    Rift has always been pretty self-contained. Though sites like Rift Junkies and ZAM have some base appeal, Rift has never really pushed the playerbase to expand beyond the forums.

When everything you need can be found right there, there just is not much reason to search the web or bookmark Rift satellite sites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    As for The Sanctum, I do believe that Gary is currently playing Rift based on some things he said in a few of the short broadcasts. But yeah, they do need some fresh blood in there to talk up the game and report on the news.
    Gary is currently tinkering with the housing he sent a tweet out yesterday asking where all the dimension vendors are. I don't thing Gary has the time to commit to any game or MMO in the sense most people can. He needs to dabble a bit in all of them to keep "current" He probably likes the more casual aspects like housing or the casual game play of GW2 that he just can mess around with to unwind from time to time. You can easily loose yourself in housing for hours with out having to participate in the normal hustle and bustle associated with an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Hmm, is this going to be taking SWTOR's spot on the show? Seeing as how there's not much left to say about the game. Nothing good anyways.
    I doubt they'll cancel SWTOR anytime soon. There is still a decent size player base and there is always tons of drama to talk about that attracts viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I liked IRLJasmine quite a bit. Good personality and pretty funny. Reminds me of me. I approve.

Think Jas was just flaky though. Even post-Sanctum she has been inconsistent covering games, vlogs or streaming. I think she moved too. So for a month or two she was influx.

Some ppl get real busy or burnt out. I think that was Jasmine. Heard she is back on track now though.
    She was very excited when the game first launched but as you say and like others she may of burnt out. She sends tweets out and I seen one recently commenting about MoP dailies. Not sure if she'll be back. I doubt Pokket will be back either she doesn't hate the game but she's enjoys PVP games more then anything. She's been recently playing a lot of GW2 but that seems to be slowly declining on her stream so she's playing the FOTM games that are in beta, alpha or new atm.

I read through that. They are only bringing it back for a month. They pretty much managed to alienate the entire Rift community with that BS excuse they gave so they could go hype up TORtanic more then it already had been.

I agree TWIMMO is probably the best bet. Rift content is extensive but even at 6-8 week release cycles you don't have the drama that the other games have. I can even see GW2 casts getting stale over time. There is only so much you can talk about on weekly basis on a game that doesn't have 10 milling sub/players or has a lot of controversy surrounding it. Just my take on it.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-11-05 at 10:46 PM.

I think only World of Warcraft can really sustain a weekly talk show like Legendary. World of Warcraft isn't just a game anymore-- its cultural phenomenon.

Just last week's Legendary got almost 30 mins of entertaining speculation, gossip, jokes and banter out of ONE change to PVP. It's because there is a whole established culture around WoW. A significant one to boot.

Had it not been for the decline of SWTOR's popularity & F2P transition, I am not sure the Republic could sustain. A few shows between patches in SWTOR were really dry for the Republic.

It's not a Rift, SWTOR or Secret World problem w/r/t these shows. It's just that World of Warcraft is just too damn important/big of a game by comparison.

All she did was cry about Greenscale not being able to fly. She was great on the eyes, but you can tell she started playing other games like 10 times more then she played Rift.
    I know she plays WoW now. I have her fan page on my FB and all she does is talk WoW stuff. I miss her hilarious personality on GBTV as a whole, not just the Sanctum. She was funny, like Lore and MikeB can be, as well. Though they're the 'WoW Guys,' so I highly highly doubt they'd even care to look at SL.

It's nice Gary is giving it another month shot, but IMO, the livestreams are much more entertaining to watch. I'll prolly see a re-run of tomorrow episode, due to working till 10PM EST, but I honestly care more about Trion's Livestreams than GBTV's Sanctum. It's GBTV's fault, cause they totally shouldn't have ditched it off their broadcast schedule!

That said, if the supernova of MMO Failures known as SWTOR still has a show on GBTV, Rift totally deserves it's own.

As for drama, they can talk about the in-fighting between the dragons on twitter!

https://twitter.com/LadyCrucia

lol, it's old, but funny still...

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it seems their mini "breaks" snippet shows of about 5 mins duration are now "brought to you by Rift:Storm Legion...."

Guess the Netflix contract ran out, me cynical? nevah!!

^

Hehe

Although from watching Gary on some other shows, he seems genuinely excited for Storm Legion. So while there may be some truth in the commercialization of the show I do think there is some real interest by the producers for the Rift expansion.

The Republic has had over 100 episodes, Guildcast is well on its way, Rift deserves a spot.

And currently the Tuesday slot that Gary's planning on is unoccupied, so a Rift show would drop right back in nicely.

Hosts are always important - I love Matt on Buildcast, but he's definitely more of an analytical person than a "personality," which I think you need on the general shows. I never saw the first run of the Sanctum, so I look forward to it now.

I may even pick up Rift - blasphemy from a WoW player, i know, but I only like raiding in WoW (in a progression, server-first guild currently), and I hear Rift is the only game that does raids better than WoW. I played it once during the beta, a bunch of my WoW friends left to go play it (and then mostly came back), but I never left. The leveling/questing seemed meh in the beta I was in, but I guess now I realize that that's sort of what you have to do up front to get to amazing end-game stuff.

Edit: Gary gets excited about a lot of things, I wouldn't get my hopes up. He loved TSW so much that he started a show for it, only for it to be canned after one episode. Which mysteriously didn't record and can't be found. Conspiracy? I wouldn't be surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I may even pick up Rift - blasphemy from a WoW player
    I can safely say 80% or more of Rift players were/are WoW players at some point, myself included

Had played WoW from it's release in Europe, Feb 2005 so been there, done that, bought the t-shirt (the 'we're not in Azeroth one') haha, ironically it was also in a February that i stumbled across Rift Beta 4 and that was that, quit WoW the same week, left behind all those achievements, mounts, blah blah and never looked back

Anyhow i digress, if you have a fast Broadband download it's still not too late to download the current Open Beta and get in a day or two of Storm Legion, you just need to sign up for a Trion account or sign into an existing one

Just make a new level 1 char, you talk to the NPC next to you, get ported to the Capital city, auto leveled to 50, get a mont, gear and some cash and off you go exploring Storm Legion

You can also just download Rift Lite and play for free forever up to a limit of level 20 and stuck in the starter zones

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Gamebreaker TV are finally seeing sense and bringing back The Sanctum, their weekly Rift show which they cancelled months ago due, to what they claimed, wasn't enough news or info coming from Trion

So i can now forgive them and once again bookmark the site, first show i think will be this Tuesday

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/
    Zykor was pretty pissed :P, they did a Storm Legion video a few days ago, used loads of his footage, didn't credit him whatsoever or ask him for any permission, If it was me, I would'nt really mind, it is just nice of them to ask before using people's work or at least credit it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Well, it seems their mini "breaks" snippet shows of about 5 mins duration are now "brought to you by Rift:Storm Legion...."

Guess the Netflix contract ran out, me cynical? nevah!!
    Was funny seeing MikeB saying that. He almost seemed to half-laugh it out.

Better than Netflix, but odd, still...

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

As a GameBreaker total fan, dunno if this is a good idea. Sanctum wasn't tooooo fun to watch. People here nailed it: they need better hosts that know tons about the game, that have personality and that have chemistry. Watching Legendary, it's amazingly fun because they're all hilarious, they're all insightful, they all have personality and mesh well together.

GuildCast, not AS fun because in my mind they kinda seem a bit too fanboy-ish, but still, it's fun to watch (though some are definitely a bit cheesier).

Gary definitely seems excited but I don't see the excitement lasting, I feel like he's not a fan of standard themepark anymore, once he gets in and plays for a bit he'll probably stop having as much fun outside of dimensions. I'm glad he's excited, just don't see it lasting.

If they find good hosts that make the show fun to watch, I don't think the lack of controversy will be a problem.

QuintLyn has kind of been their go-to person for Rift stuff, though dunno if she's toooo knowledgeable about the game's current state but I could see her hosting, probably with Jason Winter or Pokket.

15+ Year Old Account
    what they really need are hosts that PLAY the game, sure during the previous Sanctum they had hosts that played, but it seems to me that most if not all of them just jump from FOTM to FOTM. They need hosts that stick to the game not play it because its the new thing for a month or 2.

what they really need are hosts that PLAY the game, sure during the previous Sanctum they had hosts that played, but it seems to me that most if not all of them just jump from FOTM to FOTM. They need hosts that stick to the game not play it because its the new thing for a month or 2.
    I imagine its hard to find such hosts that are also personable, insightful and articulate. Not to mention the issue(s) of schedule commitment, equipment and et cetera.

It's a little easier with WoW because the game is so massive. Olivia Grace slid right in with the Legendary guys. But are you gonna find that *3 for TSW, Rift, TOR, etc. Unlikely.

Deleted
    the key factor is money. Yes maybe it wasnt that amazing due to mediocre hosts or w/e but i highly doubt that was the main reason they stopped. Bad hosts maybe cost them a few extra hits but... well they stopped when rift was loosing tons of subs and Star Wars was about to release. I can see them making a show about rift a few times now with the xpac again, but if the show doesn't bring a lot of unique hits (which is also connected to the amount of subs the game can actually gain and/or sustain) it will go away just as fast, if not faster.

Gary said they are only bringing Sanctum back for a "month". We don't know how many episodes that'll be either.

I am guessing, no more than 3. Probably will never have the critical mass of a Guild Wars 2 or World of Warcraft as I already said. So 3 seems about right regardless of hosts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Chemistry between hosts is a pretty huge factor. And another factor not previously mentioned, but just as important, is perspective. If your hosts all share the same or similar perspectives then you don't have a very interesting show. When hosts have varying opinions and perspectives that they view the game from, then you get some better discussions and insights.

So yeah, finding hosts that are interested in the game, playing the game seriously, are knowledgable about the game, are personable, have decent public speaking capabilities, are reliably available for a show, have chemistry with the other hosts, and have different perspectives of the game REALLY narrows down the potential options.

As a sidenote, Gamebreaker.tv is having ISP issues and has been having them for the past few days and has had to cancel their shows. Not sure when The Sanctum will be rescheduled to as it was supposed to be last night.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Yeah, Chemistry between hosts is a pretty huge factor. And another factor not previously mentioned, but just as important, is perspective. If your hosts all share the same or similar perspectives then you don't have a very interesting show. When hosts have varying opinions and perspectives that they view the game from, then you get some better discussions and insights.
    Well... don't you worry about that!

I am the crazed Defiant Guardian-hating lunatic of these forums! >

Should make any podcasts we do... interesting. ;p
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Gamebreakertv I popped over there tonight for the SWTOR cast and Gary did a huge plug for Rift the other host's faces were priceless during the plug if you could read lips they were saying.... WTF. Justin from Darthhater is not impressed...lolz.

Anyways fast forward to 1:39 mins. It seems the first hour of the show is dub step music the official show hasn't been uploaded to their site at the time of this post. http://www.twitch.tv/gamebreakertv/b/338489222