Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by abcchef View Post
    I played Rifts freebie version for a bit and decided to buy in going with choloromancer, because I like the concept of dps turning into healing. (Im an ex-disc priest)
    Im only level 21, but so far ive enjoyed it alot, but am wondering if the at max level I will still be able to wander the world and find people doing rifts or whatever and be able to join them, because that is what drew me in.
    For the most part yeah, even at your highest level you can go to a lower level via mentoring (Right click on your portrait and choose set mentor level) and you can even get max level rewards for doing content at level (not quests though). But yeah, people still do stuff, it probably will be a bit tougher with Storm Legion and the old world, but shouldn't be impossible depending on alts and people farming for artifacts or the like.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played Rifts freebie version for a bit and decided to buy in going with choloromancer, because I like the concept of dps turning into healing. (Im an ex-disc priest)
    Im only level 21, but so far ive enjoyed it alot, but am wondering if the at max level I will still be able to wander the world and find people doing rifts or whatever and be able to join them, because that is what drew me in.
    That happens more at max level then anywhere else btw. The zone events in the new xpac have also been ramped up to the next level if this is what you enjoy you won't be disappointed.

Yes, you will do all that at max level w/ people. You'll probably do more [and with greater variety] open world content at max level.

Rift is sorta meant to zoom you through 1-50 because the majority of content and features are endgame & max level specific. Onslaughts, hunt rifts, zone events, world bosses, raid rifts, carnage quests, crafting rifts, etc. All max level open world stuff.

I played rift up to maybe level 30 around release, but I found levelling too slow and and was still playing WoW at the time so I stopped. Kinda wish I'd done it the other way around. Currently installing/patching Rift again.

The news that levelling has been made quicker is news to my ears.

Right now if you are a subscriber you get a bunch of bonus buffs including a XP bonus so it is a good time to level.
    Last edited by Cobaltius; 2012-11-12 at 01:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimtide View Post
    I played rift up to maybe level 30 around release, but I found levelling too slow and and was still playing WoW at the time so I stopped. Kinda wish I'd done it the other way around. Currently installing/patching Rift again.

The news that levelling has been made quicker is news to my ears.
    but... even at launch it was possible to get to 50 in a weekend..

Quote Originally Posted by zarasai View Post
    but... even at launch it was possible to get to 50 in a weekend..
    Yeah, admittedly though, not everyone goes for the -power leveling- method of leveling, and not everyone knows the exact method to power leveling as well. I mean, it still took me a good month or so to reach 50 myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiemcliff View Post
    Yeah, admittedly though, not everyone goes for the -power leveling- method of leveling, and not everyone knows the exact method to power leveling as well. I mean, it still took me a good month or so to reach 50 myself.
    I'm running around like a headless chicken killing anything that moves. I've only played now on 4 different nights, the first was just levelling alone for a few hours, the second I did an alt to level 7 just to try a warrior for a couple of hours, then the third I went back to my Cleric and did an assload of IAs for about 3 hours. All in all I've probably spent 6-7 hours in total on my Cleric (as a complete rift noob) and he hit level 21 last night. At 15 it seemed to slow down a lot, but someone suggested mentoring down to level 14 and joining the IAs... I did that and the XP was quickly rolling in again.

Hit level 20 after maybe 6 hours, enjoying playing a hunter type rogue. Last time I played a mage, but I think I was too stuck into the idea of what a mage is according to wow so I suppose it was never going to end well. Might switch to bard further down the line as I remember that being interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimtide View Post
    Hit level 20 after maybe 6 hours, enjoying playing a hunter type rogue. Last time I played a mage, but I think I was too stuck into the idea of what a mage is according to wow so I suppose it was never going to end well. Might switch to bard further down the line as I remember that being interesting.
    Not a bad idea, trying out Bard. It's an excellent (and fun!) solo spec + dungeon queues are somewhat shorter as support than as DPS. Bard also has quite distinct playstyle from anything in WoW, so maybe it'd be easier for you to look at it more open-mindedly. Though why switch to it later when you can just buy an additional role-slot for almost no gold at all (the first one is really cheap) and run both of them side by side (it's like a dual spec deal in wow, but instead of 2 specs, you get up to 6).