Deleted

[Guardian] DMF Trinkets

Prior to this weekends DMF I didn't even consider purchasing any trinkets for my guardian. But with prices shooting down on both the oxen card= looking at about 6 k (using some of my old cards) and around 12k for tigers deck. How good exactly are these for guardian? I use boomy and kitty for os, depending on what my guild needs.

Deleted
    even if your in a worldfirst guild or in a casual guild you will use those 2 trinkets for a very very long time so i would totaly buy both if yo do tanking and dps.

Ox Deck got a significant buff, so it's pretty good now.

Tiger deck is not that great for tanking though. It's okay, but there are better options.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Tiger deck is not that great for tanking though. It's okay, but there are better options.
    From a purely tanking/survival perspective, the Tiger deck is likely not the first choice someone would go for. However, before people begin just writing it off, it does have some uses, generally in the DPS department.

For example, I specifically use two agi proc trinkets for heroic Gara'jal in conjunction with HotW + Wrath spam, since the damage increase is quite noticeable. Basically, any DPS check fight where my own personal survival isn't that threatened or a concern, I aim for trinkets that will boost my damage output. Maybe it's just me, but there haven't been many fights where my own survival seems to depend upon my trinkets, even on heroic.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Both trinkets could see use depending on what you have access to.
    I began with the ox deck first weekend of being 90 and found it very useful to begin with. But it got replaced by Warlord's Figurine as soon as that dropped. The tiger's deck I picked up near the end of that week still sees a lot of use; either as above on heroic garaj, or any fight where dps is more important than health (Garalon).
    You'll also consider using the Tiger's if you run challenge modes and need to really push the dps out.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd for sure recommend getting both.

Just an FYI as I learned the hard way this morning, you cannot have 2 different DMC equipped at the same time. Regardless of which deck you choose, you can only have (1) deck equipped which IMO is crappy. I never paid close enough attention to the cards to notice this. I assumed you could not equip (2) of the same but I never imagined I couldn't equip the agi and tanking Decks simultaneously.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^^ Yes, but don't let that stop you from getting both the stam trinket and agility one. Just have one set of stam trinkets for certain fights and 1 set of dps trinkets for certain fights.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    ^^ Yes, but don't let that stop you from getting both the stam trinket and agility one. Just have one set of stam trinkets for certain fights and 1 set of dps trinkets for certain fights.
    Right.

My point earlier was basically to say if you can only choose one, get Ox.

IMO Not being someone with a ton of gold I will wait till they get closer to 10k on my server before even thinking about getting one and that is assuming my group has not downed Elegon yet and I still have 463 trinkets