Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Z View Post
    You know, I've played both Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia to death, fantastic games... but I never heard of Terranigma! Now I feel slightly ashamed
    Heh Terranigma imo, is the best of the three.

Deleted
    I played Golden sun back in the days

10+ Year Old Account
    Lufia II - Rise of the Sinistrals, SNES

only japanese rpg ive ever played is final fantasy 5 or 6. Was with barret and seproyth and chocobo racing an a giant underwater boss and stuff.

Yes i am really clueless cause i usualy never play games like that

Was with barret and seproyth and chocobo racing an a giant underwater boss and stuff.
    That was Final Fantasy 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    Heh Terranigma imo, is the best of the three.
    Don't you mean T E R R A N I G M A?

I remember first getting into emulation back in the mid to late 90s and being amazed that there was a fully translated SNES RPG by Enix that had not been released.

But like lots of other people said.

SNES:
    Final Fantasy 4/5/6
    Chrono Trigger
    Earthbound
    Breath of Fire 2
    Dragon Quest 5
    Lufia 2
    Ogre Battle
    Tactics Ogre(Also on PSX)
    Secret of Mana
    Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2 fan translated)
    Super Mario RPG
    Star Ocean 1
    Tales of Phantasia

PSX:
    Final Fantasy 7/8/9
    Chrono Cross
    Xenogears (Xenosaga can suck it and so can disc 2 of this game)
    Wild Arms (never played the later sequels)
    Suikoden 1/2
    Lunar SSSC (which I think came out for Sega Saturn or maybe sega cd first)
    Castlevania SOTN
    Star Ocean 2
    Grandia (I think this might have been a dreamcast or saturn game as well originally)
    Vagrant Story

Never had a GBA but yeaaah this is probably big enough.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I prefer the SRPGs like FFTactics, Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre, Shining Force 1 & 2, etc. I also really enjoyed Chrono Trigger, Wild Arms, Vay and Y's Books I & II.

Suikoden 2 is probably the best, bar none, classic JRPG. In order to get in to it, you might go through suikoden 1 first which isn't bad in its own right. 2 is its own story in a different part of the world but you do visit the area of the first game and see the first game characters.

The final fantasy series is of course a classic, but besides 6 and 4, I'd say the suikoden series is actually better. Suikoden 1 2 and 3 for the PS2 are all awesome. Suikoden 4 was crap. Suikoden 5 is supposed to be pretty good but I didn't ever get to play it.
    Last edited by Rukh; 2012-11-04 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Don't you mean T E R R A N I G M A?

I remember first getting into emulation back in the mid to late 90s and being amazed that there was a fully translated SNES RPG by Enix that had not been released.
    *goes one step further*

Quote Originally Posted by kanthos View Post
    Howdy folks.

So lately I have been wanting to play through some of my old favorite PlayStation 1 J-RPG games, like Chrono Cross, Xenogears etc. And since I've recently started streaming I would like to have a list of games to play that I've forgotten or haven't played yet.

So, I ask of you this: What are some of your favorite Japanese RPG games?
    Final Fantasy 7/Legend of dragoon/Xenogears. where the 3 best Rpg's on the Ps1 i say and my fav is ff7.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Breath of Fire 3 and 4 was awesome !!

that awkward moment when you realize PS1 is already a classic console...

I'm getting old
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I prefer the SRPGs like FFTactics, Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre, Shining Force 1 & 2, etc. I also really enjoyed Chrono Trigger, Wild Arms, Vay and Y's Books I & II.
    Shining Force is the game that got me into RPG's if you like tatics games then check out the game to the video I linked it's called Saiyuki Journey West for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Shining Force is the game that got me into RPG's if you like tatics games then check out the game to the video I linked it's called Saiyuki Journey West for PS1
    I still have my Shining Force II with my save game where it is my turn, and the final boss has 1 HP. Best save game ever. I remember finishing the game right before school, and I let the credits go and it got to the "The End". Then right before I was going to shut everything down, the infamous ? appeared. I never made it to school that day.

Yeah, I enjoyed Saiyuki. I browsed through my library and found a few other SRPGs that were worth mentioning. Vandal Hearts was a good one. Short, but good (just stay away from the sequel). Front Mission was decent. Hoshigami, Vanguard Bandits, and Kartia weren't bad. Dragon Force on Saturn was pretty good, too. There was another strategy on Saturn brought over by Working Designs that was very fun, was military based, historical not JRPG. Arc the Lad was good, but short. So many good SRPGs back in the day. PS2 had quite a few as well, most being Nippon Ichi. I also really enjoyed Gladius on XBOX. Would LOVE to see a sequel to that.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see some fans of Breath of Fire in here

3 was my favourite, I play it once a year at least. I liked 4 too, but don't find it as replayable. I prefer not to think on the abomination that was 5, and hope that they will some day come up with another BoF sequel that has us combining chrysms again, I loved playing around with the combinations.

There's some pretty good recommendations here (like the final fantasy stuff/chrono trigger/suikoden etc) might fire up my emulator once again! But I gotta finish replaying some ps2 games first..dammit so little time!

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    that awkward moment when you realize PS1 is already a classic console...

I'm getting old
    when did it come out 1996? Yeahhhh 16 years now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I still have my Shining Force II with my save game where it is my turn, and the final boss has 1 HP. Best save game ever. I remember finishing the game right before school, and I let the credits go and it got to the "The End". Then right before I was going to shut everything down, the infamous ? appeared. I never made it to school that day.

Yeah, I enjoyed Saiyuki. I browsed through my library and found a few other SRPGs that were worth mentioning. Vandal Hearts was a good one. Short, but good (just stay away from the sequel). Front Mission was decent. Hoshigami, Vanguard Bandits, and Kartia weren't bad. Dragon Force on Saturn was pretty good, too. There was another strategy on Saturn brought over by Working Designs that was very fun, was military based, historical not JRPG. Arc the Lad was good, but short. So many good SRPGs back in the day. PS2 had quite a few as well, most being Nippon Ichi. I also really enjoyed Gladius on XBOX. Would LOVE to see a sequel to that.
    Iron Storm is the game that you could be talking about its pretty good as well. I have a complete copy of Dragon force somewhere laying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    Glad to see some fans of Breath of Fire in here

3 was my favourite, I play it once a year at least. I liked 4 too, but don't find it as replayable. I prefer not to think on the abomination that was 5, and hope that they will some day come up with another BoF sequel that has us combining chrysms again, I loved playing around with the combinations.

There's some pretty good recommendations here (like the final fantasy stuff/chrono trigger/suikoden etc) might fire up my emulator once again! But I gotta finish replaying some ps2 games first..dammit so little time!
    Yeah... I end up playing BOF 3 about once a year. Its fun to try different parties and masters.