Tank need help with ( Elegon )

i am off tank u can see my gear from here

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Minaa/simple

now i face problem with Elegon

1- the small adds i think we do it wrong can u tell me what i must to do with the small adds where i stuck with them on the boss or out

2- lets say i am tanking the boss and the main add tanking the big add when the add is near to death i die too ( not evrey time ) but it happin alot of time can i rest my debuff in this time some how without lose aggro on boss

sry for my bad english

Deleted
    Your gears more than good enough. Specifically we as a guild start with the add tank pulling the boss. When the add spawns the MT takes over and the OT takes the add to the edge of the platform. When hes at 20% we take him out of the middle and kill the add. The add tank then takes over from the Elegon tank and the MT takes add to edge and rinse and repeat.

It's actually quite easy once you get the rhythm in doing it.

we doing that too u talking about the big add my problem not with the big one it with the small adds

First off if the small adds are a problem then you need to glyph holy wrath. It stuns them every 9 seconds.

All your talents and glyphs look really odd to be honest. Blinding light and avenging wrath? Go for alabaster shield and battlehealer. Battlehealer is almost madatory now, it does massive healing. Seal of insight is also the seal of choice. Apart from the stuns you need to kite the adds, if they hit you lots you'll die.

Finally, the latest wisdom on reforging is to cap hit and expertise (to at least the soft cap) You have done exactly the opposite and gone for parry and dodge. The reason you want hit/exp is because it stops you missing the boss with your abilities that generate holy power. You want as much uptime on sotr as possible and this won't happen if you cant' generate holy power because you keep missing the boss. In line with this, dont reforge out of mastery, it buffs sotr. This means you will lose a lot of parry and dodge, don't sweat it, it works well.

Sorry, just read the bit on dieing when the big add explodes. Use cooldowns. Make sure you pool holy power to give yourself a big fat WOG heal and make sure divine protection is up for this, it reduces damage taken from magic by 40%. It's important to watch your timers here, if hes going to do a breath when the add explodes you might want to use ardent defender just incase.

Overall, I think you need to read all of the abilities at your disposal very carefully and think about when to use them. Paladins have TONS of tools at their disposal you just need to make sure you use them appropriately,
    Last edited by Deja Thoris; 2012-11-04 at 04:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    First off if the small adds are a problem then you need to glyph holy wrath. It stuns them every 9 seconds.

All your talents and glyphs look really odd to be honest. Blinding light and avenging wrath? Go for alabaster shield and battlehealer. Battlehealer is almost madatory now, it does massive healing. Seal of insight is also the seal of choice. Apart from the stuns you need to kite the adds, if they hit you lots you'll die.

Finally, the latest wisdom on reforging is to cap hit and expertise (to at least the soft cap) You have done exactly the opposite and gone for parry and dodge. The reason you want hit/exp is because it stops you missing the boss with your abilities that generate holy power. You want as much uptime on sotr as possible and this won't happen if you cant' generate holy power because you keep missing the boss. In line with this, dont reforge out of mastery, it buffs sotr. This means you will lose a lot of parry and dodge, don't sweat it, it works well.

Sorry, just read the bit on dieing when the big add explodes. Use cooldowns. Make sure you pool holy power to give yourself a big fat WOG heal and make sure divine protection is up for this, it reduces damage taken from magic by 40%. It's important to watch your timers here, if hes going to do a breath when the add explodes you might want to use ardent defender just incase.

Overall, I think you need to read all of the abilities at your disposal very carefully and think about when to use them. Paladins have TONS of tools at their disposal you just need to make sure you use them appropriately,
    Honestly, this is the most useful reply I've seen for ages. Pretty much sums it up. I'm a Warrior myself and having no problems with the small adds what so over. The Ranged DPS in my guild are also kiting the small adds or stunning them if they get aggro. On my Paladin i have some serious issues with picking various adds up when a DPS already have aggro.

Go and make the changes for your spec and glyphs as your current ones are pretty useless.

About the big adds (Protectors): As Deja wrote above me you would want to reset your debuff before the Protector spawns. Depending on your raid dps you should start dragging it out of the circle at 33-36% hp as it's rather slow at following. Have small cd's ready for this. You must run in and instantly get aggro on the boss so your fellow tank can run out. Keep in mind that you might have to taunt an add if your mate is out and resetting. This should cause no issues for your healers as you only have 2-4 stacks on your debuff.

Potentially you can also use the level 75-talent for tanking adds, as boss DPS won't be much of an issue before last phase anyway.

Last thing: Notify what tank cd's your healers have. Don't be afraid to call out for them. They don't always know when to use them properly as they can't read your mind. Communicate, brother !

--- Do as the poster above me wrote and then try to gather a picture of the tips you got. If you still die just shout at your healers to step the fuck up. That usually helps

thx so mach 2night i will try agine