Power Auras - Custom textures and green squares

Currently trying to set up power auras for my monk that recently reached 90, but i'm getting green squares whan i'm trying to use the textures i made.
    Using 128x128 dimensions so that shouldn't be the problem.

Anyone got any ideas?

Deleted
    Which version of Power Auras are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Manarak View Post
    Which version of Power Auras are you using?
    v4 unofficial update

but managed to get it working now

Did you try to copy working gfx to the directory where you put your textures and launch that file? Maybe there is a problem with file format or something?

Deleted
    Make sure it's saved as TGA and its height and width are powers of 2 (so 2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,etc.)

I am having the same porblem, PA's works and just to test it even more i tryed to use the "my little pony image/sound packs" and those work just fine.. im a noob when it comes to photoshop so i might be the problem, i followed all the how to's, too the letter size 128x128, 8bit, .tga file.. Does anyone have there own custom textures working with the v4 unofficial update? I meen i see you all telling us what might be the problem and thats awesome, but are you your self using your own? no premades? just trying to figure out if its just me or the addon it self and i just need to wait till v5's out.. as im tring to add images i found on the webs editing and converting then to .tga files.

Deleted
    I've seen problems with Photoshop's saving format for TGA files and the WoW client in the past. Try opening and re-saving them with a different image editor (GIMP, for example).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKizer View Post
    I am having the same porblem, PA's works and just to test it even more i tryed to use the "my little pony image/sound packs" and those work just fine.. im a noob when it comes to photoshop so i might be the problem, i followed all the how to's, too the letter size 128x128, 8bit, .tga file.. Does anyone have there own custom textures working with the v4 unofficial update? I meen i see you all telling us what might be the problem and thats awesome, but are you your self using your own? no premades? just trying to figure out if its just me or the addon it self and i just need to wait till v5's out.. as im tring to add images i found on the webs editing and converting then to .tga files.
    Currenlty using the unofficial update and custom textures are workign just fine for myself. I had a couple of issues with the green squares as well but that was becuase I had "use spells own texture" option ticked off for a spell that was new and it gave the green square. Ticking it off allowed me to use all the custom textures I wanted.

Example whenever shield slam is off cd or sword and board procs I get a little crest of lordaeron pop up on my left. I also did not like the basic spell Icons so I took out allot of the backgrounds and made them blaco and white then tinted them teal.. for SW, Last stand, rallyign cry etc etc. They do work in the unoffical update just got to be sure you are following the guides to the letter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7A-V...3&feature=plcp

Ok, thanks guys, so its just me then and not the mod, trying to make a UI like the one in the video before (with less stuff but pop ups like those) with my own custom images/textures

....Nvm cant Post Vid links or pictures.. untill i post more.. sort of lame but ok lol... guess if you really want to see what im talking about with out me having to troll post all over (not my style) just to post a vid.. Google "DK Solo High Warlord Naj'entus : Black Temple" its the chines/japanase video.. but thats alot of work..

I've been working with both photo/gimp just cant get my custom images working, ill keep at it
    Last edited by MrKizer; 2012-11-05 at 05:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    dont forget to use the full name when you are making the link to custom textures!

IE C:\Program Files\Common Files\Custom Textures\dkbuff1.tga

had one friend trying to link custom textures like this

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Custom Textures\dkbuff1

and
    dkbuff1.tga

Neither of those will work as you need to tell PA exactly what to call... I'm giving most the benefit of the doubt that they are properly linking to there images...but you just never know...case in point the derp on my battle net ID asking me how to link ..sigh!

yeah, its got to be the image im trying to add thats not working, building the alpha channel wrong or something. just tryed that way as i have been using "name".tga only, mine would be

D:\programfiles\worldofwarcraft\addon\powerauras\custom\"My-image name".tga

now in that same "custom" folder are a few that come with PA's. (magic.tga, disease.tga, etc..) and those show up just fine. its only when i try and bring up the one i made/converted to tga, that show up as a green square.. lmao its sort of starting to piss me off cause im not figuring out why its messing up.. havnt even played in 2days.. to busy dicking around with this crap lol.. thanks agian for all your help.

My next step is to just see if i cant find someone to convert my images the right way. but i really want to know how to do it my self for later use

5mins later i got it working... not really sure how i did but i got my first anime girl pop up.. I think it was something to do with the back ground. im so freaking happy i got at lest one working, now to add more.

Thanks agian for your all's help. ^^
    Last edited by MrKizer; 2012-11-05 at 07:58 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Woot Congrats! Toss up a picture once you are done so we can see how it finally unfolded! Love seing people come to the forums and then end up happy and with issues resolved!

sure will, still working on it ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    dont forget to use the full name when you are making the link to custom textures!

IE C:\Program Files\Common Files\Custom Textures\dkbuff1.tga

had one friend trying to link custom textures like this

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Custom Textures\dkbuff1

and
    dkbuff1.tga

Neither of those will work as you need to tell PA exactly what to call... I'm giving most the benefit of the doubt that they are properly linking to there images...but you just never know...case in point the derp on my battle net ID asking me how to link ..sigh!
    Got the same problem. =/

Tried to link the exact full name of my tga file but didn't get it to work: "D:\Transferred stuff\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\PowerAuras\Custom\Ability01.tga"
    I first used these to change the icons of abilities via macro, and they work for those, the image size is 128x128 pixels at the moment.

I've worked a lot with photoshop so I feel like a complete noob when I'm not even able to do something like this on my own... ^^ But any help would be greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    You should just place them in the WoW\Interface folder, then use that.
    Ex.: <WoW root>\Interface\AddOns\MyTextures\Ability01.tga

in the config:
    Interface\AddOns\MyTextures\Ability01.tga

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    You should just place them in the WoW\Interface folder, then use that.
    Ex.: <WoW root>\Interface\AddOns\MyTextures\Ability01.tga

in the config:
    Interface\AddOns\MyTextures\Ability01.tga
    I don't have any folder in the Addons folder called MyTextures, wouldn't that mean the MyTextures is an addon in of itself? I do have files in the Interface\Icons folder however which I use to get macro's with custom icons, and I get then to work. But even if I refer to those with Power Auras I get a green box. =/

Deleted
    You can call it whatever you want it. You can even make your own folder "Textures" in the main WoW folder. Most people I've seen have placed it in Interface\AddOns. Not sure why.

PS: It's only recognized as an addon if it has a ToC file.

PPS: The main thing I was trying to say is "put it in a sub-folder of the WoW folder, not somewhere else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    You can call it whatever you want it. You can even make your own folder "Textures" in the main WoW folder. Most people I've seen have placed it in Interface\AddOns. Not sure why.

PS: It's only recognized as an addon if it has a ToC file.

PPS: The main thing I was trying to say is "put it in a sub-folder of the WoW folder, not somewhere else.
    Which is what I have done, yet it still doesn't work.

Edit:

Gosh I feel so stupid now, tried it again and compared the way I wrote, to the way the addon itself wrote if I selected one of the preexisting one... After editing it to "Interface\AddOns\PowerAuras\Textures\Ability01.tga" it worked just fine.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-11-10 at 11:07 PM.