Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Blizz gating content with the BMAH?

So gutted at the news today, I was really looking forward to the brawlers guild, for me it was going to be a saving point of the expansion and to find out that invites are to be sold on the bmah just gave me a bout of rage. prices for said invitations are already going over 100k on the PTR and I cant see it being any better when this goes live

Should players have to pay that much in game currency to use a feature of a game they paid real money for?....I have about 200k over all my characters and that has taken me quite some time to get, I really dont wanna spend most of it so I can use a main feature of the patch

As much as dailys have burned me out it just seems that unlocking the brawlers guild should be done through some farming quests, or have it drop off a few tough old raid bosses that need skill to solo

thoughts?

I think its bullshit that only the people who nolife and abuse the AH to get money can get the invitation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalfeinn View Post
    So gutted at the news today, I was really looking forward to the brawlers guild, for me it was going to be a saving point of the expansion and to find out that invites are to be sold on the bmah just gave me a bout of rage. prices for said invitations are already going over 100k on the PTR and I cant see it being any better when this goes live

Should players have to pay that much in game currency to use a feature of a game they paid real money for?....I have about 200k over all my characters and that has taken me quite some time to get, I really dont wanna spend most of it so I can use a main feature of the patch

As much as dailys have burned me out it just seems that unlocking the brawlers guild should be done through some farming quests, or have it drop off a few tough old raid bosses that need skill to solo

thoughts?
    You do realize that most people are gold capped on ptr right? Saying they're 100k on PTR is a bit like saying you don't like cheese because your scared of cars.

Just for reference, some common items on PTR during 4.3 were about 3-4k each, please stop basing the economy on the PTR to that of live, there is no connection, what-so-ever.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2012-11-03 at 07:10 PM.

Some people are worrying way too much about this invitation thing. Blizzard is well aware of what's going on right now. I'm going to say that they're just testing it and when it gets much closer to a live release, it'll be changed more.

The worst part about this gating is that there's a realm-first FOS with it, so the first few won't share, unless there's an invitation up constantly.

Also interesting to see they're adding stuff to the BMAH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    I think its bullshit that only the people who nolife and abuse the AH to get money can get the invitation.
    playing the auction house is not abusing the auction house
    maybe you're just not good at it

Fair enough and fair point, that doesnt change the fact that once this goes live it it still gating new content, invitations wont be any cheaper on live
    Invitations will be drastically cheaper on live. Is this your first PTR? anything with a price set by players on every PTR is drastically over priced. Glyphs for 10-20k a piece has been common in the past for example.

Deleted
    Fair enough and fair point, that doesnt change the fact that once this goes live it it still gating new content, invitations wont be any cheaper on live
    I highly doubt they'll reach even 50k on live, from what I have seen, the rewards are useless. Think the only thing I saw even remotely useful was some heirloom fists. The 1st invitation on the BMAH will go for 200-300k easily and only because I believe I saw a realm-first achi for beating 5 bosses in a row. You can't put a price on a realm 1st, after that, it's more of a "meh i'll wait till the price drops" type of thing. I support Blizzards way, as long as they don't cram tons of items we need for progression raiding, I'm fine with it.

You also remember the jeweled panther? To make one on PTR would have cost over 1 million gold when it was 1st introduced.

Yea im hoping this is just a way for them to test it without it getting flooded and changes will be made once it goes live...but theres a little niggle in the back of my head that this is how its going to stay....its just not a great way of gating content especially for any new players, they will have a very slim chance of having the money to use this feature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    Level inscription, make a DMF card everyday (takes less than 1 minute), sell it / sell decks / sell trinkets after the faire = easy money. Not sure where you got this idea that you have to have no life or abuse the AH to make money, sounds like you are just bad at it.

granted ptr price can't be compared to live. the gating of the invitations via BMAH is shitty, although knowing the BMAH there wont be alot of invitations on there. so it will be more likely you get invited by someone within the guild, however that would be

This is the most stupid idea every especially including fos for that. It's like "I get fos for having large sums of money". Really well played Blizz....not.

Quote Originally Posted by Affectionate View Post
    Invitations will be drastically cheaper on live. Is this your first PTR? anything with a price set by players on every PTR is drastically over priced. Glyphs for 10-20k a piece has been common in the past for example.
    Cata was my first PTR so I havent had a massive amount of experience comparing the economies...fingers crossed for better prices

Enter into the brawler’s guild is by invitation only. Invitations can be found on the black market auction house or by invitation from somebody within the guild.

"somebody within the guild" most likely refers to NPCs so the invitation is just an expensive shortcut.

10+ Year Old Account
    This only means that you won't be among the first to get in. Two or three weeks after the Brawler's Guild launches everyone who wants to will be able to get in, after all people in the guild can invite others.

Invitations could be 1k and unlimited supply on BMAH when this goes live. I'd call BMAH a nice angle to introduce this to the game, not some "gating" nonsense.

Am I missing something or is everyone ignoring the underlined?
    "Invitations can be found on the black market auction house or by invitation from somebody within the guild."
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    This only means that you won't be among the first to get in. Two or three weeks after the Brawler's Guild launches everyone who wants to will be able to get in, after all people in the guild can invite others.
    Very true, Im not saying it will be forever out of reach but its still a crappy method of gating content, I dont go any buy a can of red bull and wait 3 weeks before i receive it

Also how do you know they wont just put 1-2 up per week on bmah instead of flooding it like now? Cause unless its very common it will go for tons of gold which is retarded. Why not just sell it on the blizzard store for 25$ at that point since they are just encouraging gold buying.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    You do realize that most people are gold capped on ptr right? Saying they're 100k on PTR is a bit like saying you don't like cheese because your scared of cars.

Just for reference, some common items on PTR during 4.3 were about 3-4k each, please stop basing the economy on the PTR to that of live, there is no connection, what-so-ever.
    i think you are right: on live the prices will go much higher than 100k.