Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool Vanishing Aggro due tanking

I might aswell ask here and see if anyone else have seen or heard anything about this.
    I have tanked for a couple of years, been the main tank. So its nothing new to tank for me.

Tho, this last week, for 3 different times 2 at Feng in MsV and one time at HoF first boss.
    Fight start I get tricked and missdirected to and poff none what so ever aggro gets to me, nada! I dont even do any damage. All raiders gets aggro except me. And then the blame game starts, blame the tank oh yeah.. sure .
    But people actually have went through the world of logs and seen I done the same things, same attacks everytime and all the other times I do heck of alot of damage, aggro is high as empire state buliding.
    But these 3 times it vanished. and I pull my hair and scream a bit :P

Tho I noticed in beginning of the fight(s) could been a coinsidence that the hunters invisible pet aggros before me at 3 times and dies 3 times. (that is in one fight tho cant remember if it was in all 3) Been out for invicble hunter pets that overaggroes in dungeons ect. and it seems like they cant do anything about them and the aggros, but question is could it be because of that?

Another one person in the raid blamed himself cause of at feng this Monk healer healed me and he said that when he was LFR it happend the same thing with the warrior tank there and he blamed himself thinking it was because he healed him with somehting.
    Tho at the fight with first boss in HoF we had a dps monk not healing one. (and it sounds like a looooooong shot to me)

Other people in raid where thinking it could be something the dpsers do to trigger it of some kind? Something that is broken at warrior tanks?
    But then on the other side one said they seen a DK loose the aggro aswell like that.. Im so lost

I would feel so much better if anyone else been out for this vanishing aggro and to tell me what could cause it? Well atleast been out for it.

And yeah I could link my armory too so people could do some pointers too if needed Here

I have had no experiences with losing threat like that except for pets taunting off me. No dpsers or healers. I'd say it's gotta be on your end.

My guild's warlock will drop a portal gateway to hop quickly between platforms for the 1st boss of HoF, these portals put a debuff on you that makes it very very hard to keep aggro on a boss. That is the only place i have ever had problems with "vanishing aggro". As for Feng i always do a few quick hits at the pull and dps him while he runs to the 1st weapon.

Stance? Are you in zerker or battle?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    Stance? Are you in zerker or battle?
    ofc in defensive stance

And about the warlock portal I dont use it just because if the aggro loss and as I said I tanked for a couple of years and this never happend
    and now withing a week it been 3 times (And I done exactly the same on all tries)
    So its really bugging me ;(