Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    ST is not a DPS increase. The rotation simply "feels better" at lower gear levels and the DPS difference is not large.

Try it out on a dummy. You will do 5-10% less damage.

I swapped to Ass simply because Sub didnt perform as Sims modeled, went Muti and the other guild rogue went ST and beat me, I went ST and my DPS went up. With all the QQ on the forum over the inc ST nerfs for Assa I figured it'd stayed ahead.

Also its important to not solely use ST in the rotation, you need to Muti to avoid energy capping or for faster CPs at certain points, on fights like Elegon though Id imagine that ST still has the upper hand? Not only getting CPs up while resetting, but faster CPs on Charges for Enevnoms and maintaining Rupture on Elegon himself while killing charges.

I'll swap back to Muti though for next reset, Ive been ranking pretty well with ST though so will be an interesting comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I swapped to Ass simply because Sub didnt perform as Sims modeled, went Muti and the other guild rogue went ST and beat me, I went ST and my DPS went up. With all the QQ on the forum over the inc ST nerfs for Assa I figured it'd stayed ahead.

Also its important to not solely use ST in the rotation, you need to Muti to avoid energy capping or for faster CPs at certain points, on fights like Elegon though Id imagine that ST still has the upper hand? Not only getting CPs up while resetting, but faster CPs on Charges for Enevnoms and maintaining Rupture on Elegon himself while killing charges.

I'll swap back to Muti though for next reset, Ive been ranking pretty well with ST though so will be an interesting comparison.
    Interesting. When the ST craze first hit, I tried it on a dummy and my DPS was consistently lower. A quick sweep of the top parses has no one using ST, but that doesn't always mean a certain playstyle is inferior.

Are you using ShS? Putting aside raid buffs, the difference could be uptime. ShS lets me have nearly 100% uptime on the Elegon encounter, and charges are not an issue for me.

Also, when you use Anticipation, do you just use it to catch extra CPs or are you actively gaming it for more specials inside Envenom and 100% 5CP finishers? That could be another DPS difference.

Yeah I use ShS, big fan of ShS and would never really dump it unless Patchwerk turns up and stuff gets very tight :P

I often get put on a charge with either a "weak" DPS or just 2 of us instead of 3, so I need to get that first Evenom out quickly on the later charges or we dont get it down, I also often try to keep Rupture up 100% on Elegon and get off CT for each wave of adds to help others. If I can keep the CTs going out and my Rupture uptime good I normally find myself close to the DK even for damage done to charges.

Ive always just used Anticipation to get to 5 or 6 CPs, pool energy and then evenom for then 2 mutilates within the evenom buff. I only tried the Muti Assa for like 1/½ raids though, so maybe I just didnt give it enough chance. I find myself like ST a lot because it feels good to build CP while running away from stuff (Feng with fire) etc and I have to be honest Im a little bit sceptical about a 10% increase with Muti, thats roughly 8k more DPS for the average fight, but I'll try it, see how it goes. At any rate I need to get used to the playstyle with Muti in it before the patch hits at any rate.