Pvp weapon vs Pve raid weapons

So I'm curious, How much better is the pvp weapon (2h str) than pve weapons right now?

It seems like the pvp weapon has about 1k less damage on them than even Lfr weapons. The only benefit to pvp weapons I can see is the 2k or so pvp power.

So what do you guys think is better to use at the moment? And is it worth it to get a Pvp weapon over set pieces?

Deleted
    I'd imagine higher ilvl weapons with more weapon dmg is the better choise atm, unless you're a caster/healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    The PvP power gained from a PvP weapon is more than enough to make it worthwhile.

2k pvp power is about 8-10% damage against players. it's quite a bit really, i noticed i was droppign people alot faster after having it. i had the lfr weapon before hand btw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    So I'm curious, How much better is the pvp weapon (2h str) than pve weapons right now?

It seems like the pvp weapon has about 1k less damage on them than even Lfr weapons. The only benefit to pvp weapons I can see is the 2k or so pvp power.

So what do you guys think is better to use at the moment? And is it worth it to get a Pvp weapon over set pieces?
    That 2k PVP power is insane and is 9% extra damage done to players in BGs, arenas and duels. Not only does it give PVP power, it also gives quite a decent amount of PVP resillience.

Oh, and since PVP power scales quite well with your main stat (str, agi, int), when you pop your on use trinkets/synapse springs etc., that 9% extra PVP power will prove to be EVEN more powerfull.

With the current NORMAL version weapons, PVP weapons are far superior for PVP purposes.

If you dont have HoF or TotES HC weapond , t1 PvP is better for PvP then any other pve weapond
    so its looks T2 pvp > HoF TotES HC wep > T1 pvp> all others

the 489 normal raid weapons are better.

more than 3.2k high end damage
    ~300 more str

on sims 489 > t1
    hc pve 502 > t2
    note that this is also counting resil as a damage increase. so if you dont count resil as a damage increase the gap would become bigger.

15+ Year Old Account
    PVP power is too good to pass. 10% flat damage increase against PVP targets is just amazing and I doubt that there is a PVE weapon that can counter that (perhaps if you compare t1 with heroic HoF or ToES).

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    the 489 normal raid weapons are better.

more than 3.2k high end damage
    ~300 more str

on sims 489 > t1
    hc pve 502 > t2
    note that this is also counting resil as a damage increase. so if you dont count resil as a damage increase the gap would become bigger.
    Who cares that much about resil? As a FDK i won't. The PvP weapon is better cause it has an amazing number of pvp power on it. The weapon must be much better for casters than melees too as weapon dmg is not considered at all there, since this threas is not exclusively related to melees i had to mention it.
    300str does not mean that much after a certain limit is reached, PvP power is always the best stat, after hit cap and soft str cap.
    I rather considering taking 2 normal or hc tier set pieces to increase my frost and oblit strike by amazing 10% than having the rather useless 4 set pvp bonus,which gives me another death grip in a short 3 sec window, what is nice, but not required and 1000 resi.

I play currently RBGs and there, only offensive stats counts anything for me cause i am not going to be trained much as i am very bursty and ppl just die, and everyone wants to take out healers first by cc or/and dmg. allready have 496 tier legs(sha) which is far better than blues, rather take the weapon and do the HoF raid for another tier piece. i mean 10% more dmg on my main styles is like having another pvp weapon equipped, + more strenght too, and even higher stam, which is not that important but nice to have a higher hp pool than with blue pvp gear. I actualy think there is no choice but to mix pve gear with pvp gear right now, until you can buy any conquest piece, but this is only really a good idea for arenas anyways.

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 04:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    PVP power is too good to pass. 10% flat damage increase against PVP targets is just amazing and I doubt that there is a PVE weapon that can counter that (perhaps if you compare t1 with heroic HoF or ToES).
    yeah but really only considering melees, it can't possibly be better for casters.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2012-11-04 at 03:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    If you dont have HoF or TotES HC weapond , t1 PvP is better for PvP then any other pve weapond
    so its looks T2 pvp > HoF TotES HC wep > T1 pvp> all others
    This is exactly what it looks like for melee (at least for warriors). Except maybe that it is possible the HC Sha-touched weapon will be just about on par with T2, we'll have to wait and see but theoretically I can see them being very close.

PvP power was introduced so that PvPers didn't have to raid to get PvP gear. For PvP purposes, PvP gear is better for PvP without considering tier bonuses solely because of the PvP power. You might have situations where getting tier 2 set can be better, possibly a Darkmoon Card, but for any non-healer, PvP gear is the way to go right now.

Heck, probably best for healers too if PvP power boosts healing done. If not, I'd still take the PvP gear for resilience, then maybe the normal mode version of Will's mace over the gladiator weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    PvP power was introduced so that PvPers didn't have to raid to get PvP gear. For PvP purposes, PvP gear is better for PvP without considering tier bonuses solely because of the PvP power. You might have situations where getting tier 2 set can be better, possibly a Darkmoon Card, but for any non-healer, PvP gear is the way to go right now.

Heck, probably best for healers too if PvP power boosts healing done. If not, I'd still take the PvP gear for resilience, then maybe the normal mode version of Will's mace over the gladiator weapon.
    PvP Power boosts healing done and works with pvp resilence very well. You should max out pvp power and pvp resilence as a healer. Dunno about the tier set bonuses though. Maybe a darkmoon card might be a good choice for a trinket too but i rather doubt it as the trinkets have a big amount of pvp power on them too. However, other than weapons and trinkets that stack pvp power on them, i replace normal pvp blues with ilvl496 normal raid pieces. But then again i do just rbgs and i am not a focus target and have only burst + high dmg and almost no cc.