Thread: Disc hotfixes

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
    These buffs are lame. Disc needs a PoH redesign for PvE. It needs to be redesigned to be something more than a cloth wearing paladin with worse cooldowns in PvP.
    100% Agreed, however it seems difficult for them to achieve this with how PoH interacts with DA/SS. Giving us an extra spell would put us ahead of other classes so they have to be careful with how they would redesign the spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rfx View Post
    100% Agreed, however it seems difficult for them to achieve this with how PoH interacts with DA/SS. Giving us an extra spell would put us ahead of other classes so they have to be careful with how they would redesign the spell.
    So delete Spirit Shell. Having to stand in place spamming PoH for twenty seconds before AoE lands is awful design anyway. And even without Spirit Shell, disc would still have plenty to keep track of. The sole purpose of Spirit Shell is to further the PvE absorb flavor, it doesn't really do much for actual game play.

Alternatively, Blizzard could just make activating Spirit Shell revert PoH to its current state. That way it could function as a smart heal most of the time, and a group targeted dumb heal when SS was active.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolvolt View Post
    We've predicted that this is the first step in nerfing spirit shell. I definitely would not be surprised if they did it soon or in 5.1.
    If they are going to nerf Spirit Shell, Blizz must give Disc priest a raid-wide cooldown. Maybe make PW:B a 1min CD and make Spirit Shell a 3 min CD that instantly shields raid members for an X amount?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
    So delete Spirit Shell. Having to stand in place spamming PoH for twenty seconds before AoE lands is awful design anyway. And even without Spirit Shell, disc would still have plenty to keep track of. The sole purpose of Spirit Shell is to further the PvE absorb flavor, it doesn't really do much for actual game play.

Alternatively, Blizzard could just make activating Spirit Shell revert PoH to its current state. That way it could function as a smart heal most of the time, and a group targeted dumb heal when SS was active.
    I like that.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Did they not update the tooltips yet or is this just not live on EU? :P

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    2 healing fights and using Spirit Shell frequently can be a challenge. I personally do not like how SS works. It should be something like a Healing tide totem from a shaman or Hyme from a holy priest. I also like the idea of X absorbs to all as an instant or short cast. Of course the cooldown should be lengthen also.

I just wish PoH was 40 yard radius

Deleted
    2nd'd above, that would be useful.

maybe if SS was changed to be an instant cast that creates an absorb bubble (of lesser efficiency) that absorbs 10k (modified by mastery) every sec for 15sec. it would still allow us to cast in the meanwhile

similar to a shammies healing totem, but a stacking absorb. a buff to PW:B would be nice, but with so much movement in fights at the mo its not as efficient as it could be

but i like ss where it is now :/ awwwie

predicting when the big aoe damage is going to come is fun and hog all the healing meters :P
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    Did they not update the tooltips yet or is this just not live on EU? :P
    afaik tooltips can't be updated by hotfix ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    If they are gonna stick with the devine aegis hotfix they really need to change spirit shell. Cuz when i stack my mastery and raidbuffed i will have around 80% devine aegis procs of the original heal and thats just 20% short of spirit shell. So if blizzard are gonna stick with this spirit shell is gonna need a change. Althought spirit shell is a funny spell this makes it more or less useless since we will be topping meters anyway without using it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, i find spirit shell still being useful for high damage periods like Force and Verve or to blanket raid before Attenuation, Crush on Garalon and Unseen Strike on Ta'yak. With correct timing you can have SS AND DA up on the target aswell. It requires more than average skill i think, but results are awesome if you reach that point (personally still work on that since happened only few times lol).

Just pop SS 16 secs or so before the ability and poh all round, ss will last 15 secs and you can poh for DA procs on raid.
    This means 2 shields up, since both have caps and you easly can cap out DA.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doode View Post
    If they are gonna stick with the devine aegis hotfix they really need to change spirit shell. Cuz when i stack my mastery and raidbuffed i will have around 80% devine aegis procs of the original heal and thats just 20% short of spirit shell. So if blizzard are gonna stick with this spirit shell is gonna need a change. Althought spirit shell is a funny spell this makes it more or less useless since we will be topping meters anyway without using it.
    Spirit Shell includes divine aegis and then gets further mastery scaling. Spirit Shell is still significantly stronger than standard poh, especially if you are mastery stacking.

and ss is completely useless in arena. yes it saved my life for like 20 times because opposing 2dps teams were stupid enough to attack me while i had that. they could just wait and obliterate me after 15 secs anyway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janvs View Post
    well, i find spirit shell still being useful
    The point is, it's not useless... But a bit boring. Why do I have to stand in place spamming PoH (like I do most of my time as Disc) for X seconds BEFORE something happens? What if that damage spike occurs too much later, for example if other raid members fail to do somethin properly at the righ time? Pre-shielding is a mechanic we already use to pump Divine Aegis. Just make Spirit Shell a channeled or instant "oh crap"-button, more similar to Divine Hymn or Tranquillity, and compensate giving it a longer 3 min CD like those spells.

Yay now I can get my priest to 90

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janvs View Post
    well, i find spirit shell still being useful for high damage periods like Force and Verve or to blanket raid before Attenuation, Crush on Garalon and Unseen Strike on Ta'yak. With correct timing you can have SS AND DA up on the target aswell. It requires more than average skill i think, but results are awesome if you reach that point (personally still work on that since happened only few times lol).

Just pop SS 16 secs or so before the ability and poh all round, ss will last 15 secs and you can poh for DA procs on raid.
    This means 2 shields up, since both have caps and you easly can cap out DA.
    Exactly. I am very happy with current status of my priest. I did 78k hps overall on Garalon 10 the other day. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-tfk4ftnu2jsazr74/. So not sure what people are talking about redesigning. We are spamming POH for two years. Before we were spammign shield for two years. And you want complete redesign. Roll druid then. There you will just renew rejuvenation on the whole raid. Or roll shaman to spam chain heal! Maybe its less mind blowing. But I dont think so :P
    Last edited by Vashi; 2012-11-12 at 01:10 PM.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So just because we were spamming shields previously, spamming PoH is somehow better and completely fun? It's a single spell that does pretty much all the work for Disc, unless they're tank healing... and, well, Disc tank healing isn't really all that impressive nowadays. I don't find "but we spammed X before" to be a good answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    So just because we were spamming shields previously, spamming PoH is somehow better and completely fun? It's a single spell that does pretty much all the work for Disc, unless they're tank healing... and, well, Disc tank healing isn't really all that impressive nowadays. I don't find "but we spammed X before" to be a good answer.
    I am not saying its fun at all. But I was just wondering why are people moaning its boring when the model of disc healing does not changed for 4 years. I was healing on 3 characters in Cataclysm ( healing on Priest since wotlk, been around since vanilla but other character). And no there is none other healer which is more "fun" to heal. Druid = roll your hots, once on cooldown use instant, use tranquil when shit goes wrong, CR the tank. Shaman = refresh your rain and spam chain heal, if needed use long heal on tank, once when shit goes wrong use spirit link, repeat.

I am so addicted to discipline (never raided as holy) and still seeing it most fun from those healers I was playing as alts in wotlk/cata (druid and shaman). Priest is for me the most fun.
    Last edited by Vashi; 2012-11-12 at 02:21 PM.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Have you tank healed as Disc? It's actually pretty amazing. And it's true, every class has their signature spell that is mostly spammed. If you don't like it, play a different game?
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest