Thread: Disc hotfixes

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    So does holy and it's more powerful for them I believe due to Chakra? Not to mention it's a pretty long cooldown and hits almost the entire raid, so it's not really good for healing just few targets. CoH/DI PoM works perfectly for those cases, Disc has nothing comparable.
    Glyph Renew.

Contrary to popular belief, renew is a powerful if used right for disc. Crits proc aegis and you can use borrowed time to get an extra tick on the renews you throw out (remember, borrowed time is only consumed when a cast time spell is used, all instant casts will receive the bonus haste) glyphed, you'll hit the next renew tick (with borrowed time and the 5% haste buff) at 1.66% haste and I have that reforging out of all the haste on my gear.

I'm not saying blanket the raid in renews, but glyphed renew applies ~60k over 8 seconds for me. its good for staggered raid damage especially only costing 7.8k mana.
    Last edited by Brauhm; 2012-11-05 at 01:22 PM.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

Now if only I had something other than Prayer of Healing for raid heals, it would be great. Damage spread across multiple groups is still horribly annoying. For raidwide damage, Disc is perfectly fine now - probably getting nerfs in further tiers, once Rapture gets out of control.
    Well atonement's range is increasing from 15 yards to 40 yards. That's going to help a bit.

I hope they didn't overbuff us Again. When Blizzard *realizes* they overbuff, they tend to overnerf to compensate...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    I hope they didn't overbuff us Again. When Blizzard *realizes* they overbuff, they tend to overnerf to compensate...
    I'm pretty sure they'll nerf Rapture at some point in the future. At current Spirit levels, it's a nice buff, but not gamebreaking. Get few thousands more, add some procs, and it will approach OP status. Or maybe it will be Firelands repeat, where they'll "balance" us by removing spirit cloth from the loot table ... er, I mean, "offer us more options by no longer forcing us to gear spirit", yeah.

'Course, that's what happens when balancing is done through big hotfix buffs instead of some more careful testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any buff is welcome but they seems to be ignoring discs inherent flaws. I for one wasn't really having mana issues, all this means is I can drop more spirit. Disc needs something for aoe that doesn't rely on predictable dmg and isnt a group heal. Spamming PoH sucks, and a smiting isnt viable for HC.

I'm only seeing 40% on DA, personally, not 50.

they overbuffed us on this one lol :P

not sure why they needed to do POH (hotfixed ages ago) now giving DA 40%(or 50%??) on top of that
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Shush its awsome..
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Much needed buff imo!

Before the above mentioned buff i valued mastery quite highly, quite a bit more than crit. But now with the buff to DA i imagine crit will become a bit more valuable.

Anybody that really love numbers able to assist with some calc's/new stat prio's taking above buffs into account?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care what anyone says, PoH for Disc is amazingly powerful. My ilvl is now 470 and PoH crits for almost 100k, add to that Divine Aegis and you got yourself one fucking awesome ability. HW: Sanctuary and CoH is nothing in comparison, in my opinion atleast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CapM View Post
    I don't care what anyone says, PoH for Disc is amazingly powerful. My ilvl is now 470 and PoH crits for almost 100k, add to that Divine Aegis and you got yourself one fucking awesome ability. HW: Sanctuary and CoH is nothing in comparison, in my opinion atleast.
    But it gives a bad taste again of being the PoH bot.
    Its not like theres alot to cast for AoE as Disc.
    While holy got a bit more and better options.

Divine Insight PoM is amazing, CoH, PoH and the useless HW:Sanc which i only cast if im high on mana or on gara'jah where mana is never an issue.
    Thats at least 3 spells more compared to Disc's PoH spam even if spirit shell is up u spam PoH or Power Infusion u still spam PoH with Spirit Shell.

Sure, we have our lvl 90 talents but so does any other priest.

I still like Disc but i went holy for the first time full time and not only one fight (blind boss t11 for body and soul).
    Holy really got me now and i enjoy the option Holy got for healing, ill try disc next raid again but if im only doing PoH i rather go back to holy again.

Quote Originally Posted by DerrHans View Post
    Divine Insight PoM is amazing,...
    I'd love to have that instead of our DI version for disc.

The mana buff was definitely needed in PvP. Priest mana regain was two or three times less efficient then monks, paladins, druids and shamans. The DA buff is nice, but could push us over the top in throughput.

honestly, with all the buffs though thrown our way, it shows how absolutely horrible Priests were on release - and how little time was spent polishing them.

These buffs are lame. Disc needs a PoH redesign for PvE. It needs to be redesigned to be something more than a cloth wearing paladin with worse cooldowns in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin? You mean paladin become a discipline priest wearing plate gear right.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

189'000 gh, 135'000 da :3

Deleted
    So does holy and it's more powerful for them I believe due to Chakra? Not to mention it's a pretty long cooldown and hits almost the entire raid, so it's not really good for healing just few targets. CoH/DI PoM works perfectly for those cases, Disc has nothing comparable.
    Cascade is awesome, and the timings coincide (pretty) nicely with archangel. 100k cascade crits are nothing to sniff at.

i changed back to disc last week (i was disc since LK) and didnt know the change was coming. i loved it last week and loved it more this week, tho i did wonder ho my "mana gained" tab on recount read double our monk. this will explain it.

i know how to get a good amount out of disc, i was merely mediocre at holy. i am also enjoying getting top 10 WoL parses too! that combined with jumping from ilvl478 to 485 last night through upgrades, i will be reforging out of spirit very soon

Deleted
    When I read this, I thought...oh shit, now it'll be impossible to beat our Disc Priest. He is doing top hps with Prayer of Healing/Divine Aegis on every fight, now he is gonna do more? XD Either someone is going to get cocky or some healer is going to loose her/his job. *hides*

Over buffed.

The Rapture change is good and needed, the DA buff isn't the right way to buff Disc. Going to move us back into a PoH bubble bot with SpShell used each minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoHealsForYou View Post
    Over buffed.

The Rapture change is good and needed, the DA buff isn't the right way to buff Disc. Going to move us back into a PoH bubble bot with SpShell used each minute.
    We've predicted that this is the first step in nerfing spirit shell. I definitely would not be surprised if they did it soon or in 5.1.