Thread: Disc hotfixes

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Have you tank healed as Disc? It's actually pretty amazing. And it's true, every class has their signature spell that is mostly spammed. If you don't like it, play a different game?
    Yes I did of course.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Vashi View Post
    Yes I did of course.
    That was directed at KaPe :P
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    That was directed at KaPe :P
    I just wanted to delete it You were quicker!

In cata they made very similar buffs to this, and never ended up nerfing it much except increasing the mana cost of PW:S

THe rapture bonus that came early into cata never was reverted.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I remember well. I had soo many problems with healing in start of Cata. So they buffed rapture a lot. Then they slightly nerfed it again after like a week if I am not mistaken.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...m/healingDone/

I'm between 5 and 13 ilvls below every other healer

pohpohpohpohpohpohpohpohpohpohpohpohpoh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...m/healingDone/

I'm between 5 and 13 ilvls below every other healer

pohpohpohpohpohpohpohpohpohpohpohpohpoh
    Well yea pretty obvious for Spirit Kings. And yo Kazzak friend

Deleted
    With this buff to divine aegis, would it be favorable to stack crit and then mastery in a 10 man as an all round healer?

If I remember well. I had soo many problems with healing in start of Cata. So they buffed rapture a lot. Then they slightly nerfed it again after like a week if I am not mistaken.
    this is correct, if anything the only thing i se them hotfixing now is multiple rapture procs from more then one bubble. Happened in WoTLK will probably happen again. Just kinda OP tbh and defeats the purpous of why they changed mechanics of disc in MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokkoli View Post
    With this buff to divine aegis, would it be favorable to stack crit and then mastery in a 10 man as an all round healer?
    I am full of mastery yes.

I am not saying its fun at all. But I was just wondering why are people moaning its boring when the model of disc healing does not changed for 4 years.
    That's easy to answer, mobility. Being a turret is NOT fun, at least with PW:S spam I wasn't chained to the floor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scandore8472 View Post
    That's easy to answer, mobility. Being a turret is NOT fun, at least with PW:S spam I wasn't chained to the floor.
    Yes I must agree on this with you. That we dont have some "circle of healing" type of spell while moving, or instant like druids have. There is cascade but if you need to heal the tank and keep running, kitting something its pretty sheet :-/ doable but stressful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer Divine Star, it requires you to be positioned correctly though if you want the full benefit of it.

Deleted
    I haven't tried any other healer so far in MoP but i feel I'm fairly mobile, much more so than in cata at least, using glyphed Penance and Holy Fire and obviously PoM and PW:Shield...

This from a PvE point of view.

Yes I must agree on this with you. That we dont have some "circle of healing" type of spell while moving, or instant like druids have. There is cascade but if you need to heal the tank and keep running, kitting something its pretty sheet :-/ doable but stressful.
    Penance (Glyphed), PoM, Renew, Cascade, PW:S and Holy Fire (Atonement & Glyphed) have got you covered for movement. Disc has good utility, asking for an instant smart heal like Wild Growth or CoH is just being greedy. lol

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is? Interesting. So what do you do when there's the usual "targets random 5 people" ability, except it hits 1 person per group in 25 man? For Holy? It's trivial, just CoH, or maybe DI PoM, which is up for a lot of time. But for Disc? Well, that's easy, PoH... wait, no, you don't, because you'll only heal 1 person. PoM? But the damage already happened and there's no guarantee it will jump more than once, since it isn't raid wide aoe/aura. 5 Renews? Might as well reroll Druid. Holy Fire? Huh, it healed a pet, imagine that - let's assume 5.1 is here and it actually has 40yd range, too. Cascade? Sure, if you don't mind wasting 66% of it's potential healing.

There's too much power packed into PoH and Aegis and nothing else that really works with AOE damage. If the damage isn't applied to entire groups at once, this spell fails rather badly.

Thats why I want the PoM talent holy can pick instead.
    It would help with that.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    It is? Interesting. So what do you do when there's the usual "targets random 5 people" ability, except it hits 1 person per group in 25 man? For Holy? It's trivial, just CoH, or maybe DI PoM, which is up for a lot of time. But for Disc? Well, that's easy, PoH... wait, no, you don't, because you'll only heal 1 person. PoM? But the damage already happened and there's no guarantee it will jump more than once, since it isn't raid wide aoe/aura. 5 Renews? Might as well reroll Druid. Holy Fire? Huh, it healed a pet, imagine that - let's assume 5.1 is here and it actually has 40yd range, too. Cascade? Sure, if you don't mind wasting 66% of it's potential healing.

There's too much power packed into PoH and Aegis and nothing else that really works with AOE damage. If the damage isn't applied to entire groups at once, this spell fails rather badly.
    use single target heals? let your other healers deal with it? every healer has a weak point, this is disc's

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Single target heals = 0% grace. Oh wait, I found another Disc's weak point.

And yeah, Holy DI is something that would work perfectly. Of course, it would probably imbalance the spec, since it's tied to PoH (what else) and the spell is pretty much too good already. It's what happens when they keep buffing one single spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    use single target heals? let your other healers deal with it? every healer has a weak point, this is disc's
    Exactly, if they didn't we would just have one perfect healing class that can deal with every type of damage. When debating something like this you cant just think of flaws or perfect scenarios that bring out those flaws, you need to weigh pro's vs con's.

If Bliz gave us a new AoE mechanic or altered our current one that would assist us in healing during heavy movement phases they would inadvertently nerf something else to try keep some sort of balance and then people would complain about how weak their single target healing or whatever ability it was that was nerfed.

Personally i still feel disc has a very clunky play style, and to some extent i agree we fail at AoE during movement phases but i have also accepted we are strong in other areas and overall after the recent buff's i like where disc is atm.