Holy Pal - Trinket Argument (plz resolve this)

Had an argument in my guild tonight that Qin-xis polarising seal (from will of the emperor) is better than all the other trinkets like DMC trink/Scroll of revered ancestors (rep) and the BoE drop from MV.

Basically I was trying to say that trinkets that that gave static INT and proc SPIRIT will 90% of the time be better than trinks thats give static SPIRIT and proc INT, because the INT random procs are completely subject to RNG and can sometimes be very helpful and increase healing drastically or have only a minor effect, apart from a very few fights where the healing remains absolutely consistent throughtout the entire encounter with no lulls.

Where as a Spirit proc is rarely wasted as you are almost never at full mana during fight and so it is always helpful and the static int will never be wasted either because there is no RNG attached to it.

Am I going crazy here? I thought this was common knowledge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Proc int is quite bad because, as you said, it can be completely wasted if it's during a low damage phase of the encounter. More static healing with a proc of mana regen is really nice to have because, as you stated again, it's not wasted because you will NOT be at full mana after the encounter has started (or you over gear the fuck out of everything, in which case you wouldn't need to ask)

Thankgod, I have been arguing with a guildy about this for 1 hour and i swear I was going crazy.

In my opinion, static int + spirit on use / proc is also better, but the thing is, as soon as you don't need the spirit that much anymore, you can reforge out of it.
    But anyway, as soon as I will get my hc trinket from terrace, I will wear that one + DMC

Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    In my opinion, static int + spirit on use / proc is also better, but the thing is, as soon as you don't need the spirit that much anymore, you can reforge out of it.
    But anyway, as soon as I will get my hc trinket from terrace, I will wear that one + DMC
    This is assuming that you still need spirit because you are pushing HMs and are going oom, and also because the argument is based on the QIN trink has alot of spirit it on it.

Im going to borrow this thread and ask the following.

Im currently running with Price of Progress + Fruit Barrel.

Just got valor enough to pick up the Shado Pan trinket (http://www.wowhead.com/item=89080). My question is basicly:
    Is the scroll a good upgrade?
    And what trinket should i use with the Scroll, the fruit barrel or Price of Progress?
    Im currently at 9.9k spirit unbuffed.

Any proc effect that isn't spirit or some kind of mana return is partially wasted on a healer. Int/mastery/crit/haste can all proc at completely useless times.

The same can be said for dps, but of course, they're dpsing as hard as they can for most of the fight so it's much less likely to be wasted. Of course, a spirit proc can be wasted if you're at full mana, but as for dps not wanting to dps, that should be a rare occurrence.

Yes, Int + Spi proc is generally better than Spi + Int proc.

The seal is still better than those other trinkets though (except the DMC) because it provides more Spi overall.

Here's the thing...a trinket with spirit in it is better then a trinket with int on it. Spirit is just that good currently. That's why the two best trinkets so far are Relic of Chi Ji and Qinxis polarizing seal. The heroic version of the Seal is BIS along with heroic Spirits of the Sun. That's a static int trinket and a static spirit trinket.

So your guild was right, as Qinxis polarizing seal is a bis trinket even through terrace.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-11-04 at 08:04 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."