Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is there anything keeping priests in PvE

other than Halo?

Because, Halo is awesome, but it's the only thing that's awesome.

It's sad when you can do 25% of your heals with a talent.

You're not using Cascade... why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notdryad View Post
    You're not using Cascade... why?
    Good question. Cascade is just so much fun.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow's a good dps class that provides some great utility to a raid, holy is a perfectly capable heal spec - especcially if mistweavers get nerfed soon - disc provides shields which are a unique and highly sought after superior form of healing that prevent deaths by increasing max health pool prior to burst, and disc is also the only support dps spec still in the game, able to provide 40k dps and 40k hps at the same time, with the ability to provide 80-100k hps during burst healing phases - but can't sustained heal as well as the other healing specs.

Is there any reason to not stack priests in pve? Because I can't think of it - all the other classes exist solely to provide the priests with buffs, kick spells since we dont have a kick, and tank things for us. Non-priest raiders are really just priest support classes ^^
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Shadow's a good dps class that provides some great utility to a raid, holy is a perfectly capable heal spec - especcially if mistweavers get nerfed soon - disc provides shields which are a unique and highly sought after superior form of healing that prevent deaths by increasing max health pool prior to burst, and disc is also the only support dps spec still in the game, able to provide 40k dps and 40k hps at the same time, with the ability to provide 80-100k hps during burst healing phases - but can't sustained heal as well as the other healing specs.

Is there any reason to not stack priests in pve? Because I can't think of it - all the other classes exist solely to provide the priests with buffs, kick spells since we dont have a kick, and tank things for us. Non-priest raiders are really just priest support classes ^^
    Pretty much this. Sadly MW monks are getting a buff according to my healing officer though. >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reconsider View Post
    Pretty much this. Sadly MW monks are getting a buff according to my healing officer though. >.>
    Based on what? They only just nerfed them.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post

Who, other than top guilds, really cares about utility anymore? All classes have plenty of utility. Bring the player not the class, remember?

Not that I think priests are worthless. Balance changes with every tier or every ilvl. Next tier we maybe see shadow priests topping dps meters by far. Unless you play in Method or something you really don't have to worry about this. You can finish every raid with all classes.

Man I usually don’t read past the first sentence or post to QQ threads but yours was short. I think shadow is fine atm and from the responses I have read most agree. What is it you wanted for priest harder rotations, a priest tanking class?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Based on what? They only just nerfed them.
    I'd have to go back into the 5.1 patch notes to find it. They're getting a minor nerf to their mastery, but a buff to their crit//haste stat. As well as their healing orbs having a radius they heal if nobody steps on it; pretty much increasing their AoE healing abilities all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    It's sad when you can do 25% of your heals with a talent.
    So Divine Hymn was sad for holy priests in Cata? I don't follow. Talent or baseline spell, doesn't matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Is there anything keeping priests in PvE other than Halo?
    Yup.

The game. That's what's keeping me in PvE. I LIKE the game. That includes more than the level 90 talent Halo. Much more...

Deleted
    So i haven't tried halo as holy in raids? Can it compare to cascade?

Deleted
    Shadow is in the middle of the dps so its good, alot of multidot fights so np there. Holy is again as I said in some qq threads now in a good place, after the patch in a VERY good place nearly OP, its just a matter of playstyle, you have to actually use your brain when you heal these days and not just spam the most shining button like in cata where mana was infinite etc, that goes for both 10 and 25 man.
    Disc needs a buff yes, the mana management is a big problem right now, although disc is in a very good place on some fights (GaraJal, Stone Guards, Blade Lord).

So if you are playing disc on all fights or specced wrong or just play really bad then sure there is nothing keeping priests in pve. If you are not doing any of that then priest are fine right now, the major issue is mw needs a nerf which they will get in the next patch.

But I guess its always the same, ppl dont top the meters they come running here spaming qq threads to blizz and ask about buffs, hell you could go into the hpala forums back in DS and find alot of qq threads when palas was destroying the meters, so plz stop go the easy way and do your homework.

And try out cascade, its great!

Re: Holy

Cascade is pretty excellent actually. I like that it has a lower cooldown than Halo, and I like that it still hits just about the entire raid. While nothing really can beat the "DROOLWTBMOAR" spell effect of Halo, I think cascade is slightly more useful in actual content, and works well as the aoe burst heal spell it was designed to be.

And yeah. Holy kicks ass right now in PVE. While mana vaporizes faster than chocolate in front of a ten year old kid if you go all out, I don't think that is a downside. The fact that we can go all out to that extent is a strength that most other healers would kill for. If I want to, I can come in 2 minutes into any fight and push all my shiny buttons and overtake the #1 spot on healing done in just about 30 seconds, but blowing all my resources in doing so. And THAT is IMO the best reason to keep my holypriest in PVE. The burst healing we can produce is just unreal.

It's actually very refreshing to me to have a new expansion where my major headache isn't class related.
    Now if only they would fix that "Nvidia 5xx series" bug, kill chakra, and if they'd add a spirit staff that didn't require you to level a scribe alt, I'd be all set to happiness at this point.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumnight o suramar View Post
    Man I usually don’t read past the first sentence or post to QQ threads but yours was short. I think shadow is fine atm and from the responses I have read most agree. What is it you wanted for priest harder rotations, a priest tanking class?
    Make it 2 dd and 1 healer spec, that's what I want.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I still absolutely love my priest. All 3 specs. I'm shadow MS, but I offheal quite a bit. For instance, my guild went 2/6 HoF 25 this week, and I healed both encounters as disc. The potential that spirit shell has for scripted fights is just amazing. It requires more timing and planning, but stacking it up with some buffs like synapse springs or a trinket really does some crazy things. You can shell nearly every unseen strike, and it buys your raid a ton of time to get under the force and verve sheilds. I've topped heals at least once on pretty much every fight so far in MoP, and it's my offspec. And Cascade is brilliant in 25-man raids. When it comes to shadow, well nasty things happen to the damage meters . Really, priests are strong right now.

For anyone wondering, after reading "Shadow is alright" put a good player on a shadow priest and the word alright can't begin to describe how good shadow priests are

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic's signature
    Having people correct your spelling is like having your unlocked car stolen.
    They might have been a bit of a dick for doing it, but it's easily avoided.
    Totally off-topic but.. "They" is plural while "a dick" is singular. Might want to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    For anyone wondering, after reading "Shadow is alright" put a good player on a shadow priest and the word alright can't begin to describe how good shadow priests are
    QFT. Topping meters all night long. Crazy dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    We're the worst single target of the three dot classes, on multi -dot we usually lose to Warlocks by quite a margin. Boomkins have better CDs, better utility (think WotE) and better single target. On AoE we're the worst of the three.