Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dancing steel proc for cat

Has anyone else noticed just how low the proc is on this i just got it today finally and it procs far less often than either my Relic of Xuen or my Bottle of Infinite Stars trinkets. I have read reports of plate dps having extremely high up times on this enchant, are we just screwed because of our standard cat 1 aps?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longrod Vonhugendong View Post
    Has anyone else noticed just how low the proc is on this i just got it today finally and it procs far less often than either my Relic of Xuen or my Bottle of Infinite Stars trinkets. I have read reports of plate dps having extremely high up times on this enchant, are we just screwed because of our standard cat 1 aps?
    What? Nonsese.

The only ones with a higher uptime are dual wield classes. Of course if you compare to fury warriors - then yes, they have a higher uptime - because they use two enchants.

The procc rate is relatively low. That's nothing new. Therefore the procc is a lot stronger. Because of the new system, attack speed doesn'T matter that much anymore.

From the bluepost it says that wind song is 10 ppm, dancing steel only 2ppm.

I though windsong was 2ppm and dancing steel was 1ppm.
    Last edited by Longrod Vonhugendong; 2012-10-25 at 06:13 AM.

I find both the procc chance, so you can have it while other trinkets etc are up and the duration/cd is quite good.

Just checked WoL and I currently have around 28 % uptime on living steel. Seems fair to me (on feng 10man)

Quote Originally Posted by AeRae View Post
    I find both the procc chance, so you can have it while other trinkets etc are up and the duration/cd is quite good.

Just checked WoL and I currently have around 28 % uptime on living steel. Seems fair to me (on feng 10man)
    I seem to have about a 20-21% up time on dancing steel according to WOL.

I have 20.8 % on spiritbinder so it might be because of the adds on feng. Still very decent if you ask me! Much more fun than an passive agi enchant!

Quote Originally Posted by AeRae View Post
    I have 20.8 % on spiritbinder so it might be because of the adds on feng. Still very decent if you ask me! Much more fun than an passive agi enchant!

Even at a somewhat low 20%, comparing that to a ~35% uptime on windsong dancing steel generally comes out ahead.

However, unless you're rich, its really really really not worth the amount of gold its costing on most servers. Buying a piece of crafted gear for about the same amount of gold should net a greater dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Even at a somewhat low 20%, comparing that to a ~35% uptime on windsong dancing steel generally comes out ahead.

However, unless you're rich, its really really really not worth the amount of gold its costing on most servers. Buying a piece of crafted gear for about the same amount of gold should net a greater dps increase.
    Your ~35% for Windsong seems to be a little bit low. Last time on Feng I had the following uptimes on Windsong (with the new rppm mechanic): Mastery ~27%, Haste ~24%, Crit ~13%. Looking through some other logs I got quite similar uptimes (always around 20% each of the different buffs and the sum slightly above 60%). So it's probably more like 20% of 1650 Agility versus 60% of 1500 secondary ratings. You should sim it to find out which is better suited.

Quote Originally Posted by dancm View Post
    Your ~35% for Windsong seems to be a little bit low. Last time on Feng I had the following uptimes on Windsong (with the new rppm mechanic): Mastery ~27%, Haste ~24%, Crit ~13%. Looking through some other logs I got quite similar uptimes (always around 20% each of the different buffs and the sum slightly above 60%). So it's probably more like 20% of 1650 Agility versus 60% of 1500 secondary ratings. You should sim it to find out which is better suited.
    yes your numbers are a lot closer than mine, i was rememberring incorrectly. I think it's been lower than 60% for me, but definitely higher than 35%

I maintain my suggestion that its not worth the cost (yet) though, even if it does sim better.

Deleted
    The proc is a bit buggy for ferals for some reasons but it is still better then Windsong but it is not such great upgrade as for other melees especially DW once.

I've seen it proc multiple times (within a few seconds of the buff going away) and I've seen it refresh itself, so I'm unsure about it having 1 ppm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longrod Vonhugendong View Post
    I though windsong was 2ppm and dancing steel was 1ppm.
    Close
    Windsong is a 2 Real PPM
    Dancing Steel is a 1 PPM

I have been trying to get folks to pay attention to this for a bit. Hopefully now someone will pay attention. Feral druids are getting 50% fewer procs then other 2h classes like Rets, Monks (not dual wield) and Warriors (not dual wield). While I know dual wield will produce more procs, the 2h classes are seeing 3-4 PPM with a 40-60% up time vs our 16-28%. Please check your own groups logs and look at your 2h classes vs your own. Lets get this some traction and some attention.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 09:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Close
    Windsong is a 2 Real PPM
    Dancing Steel is a 1 PPM
    This info was from prior to the 5.04 release before the introduction of the RPPM for Windsong. I do not believe they are still current or trust worthy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinderhoof View Post
    This info was from prior to the 5.04 release before the introduction of the RPPM for Windsong. I do not believe they are still current or trust worthy.
    The dancing steel was announced prior to 5.0.4 in the Theorycrafting thead on the beta forums. The windsong announcement that it was going RPPM was just announced 3-4 weeks ago; after 5.0.4 was released. Before, Windsong was on a 1 PPM.

Dancing Steel: 1 PPM on melee attacks that land.
    Windsong procs from all Damaging melee/spell/DoT hit.

Due to the fact that Windsong can proc from dots, means it has more chances to proc than Dancing Steel.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2012-10-31 at 12:20 AM.

It does not change the fact that 2h classes are getting more then double the uptime compared to Ferals. Dual wielding classes are seeing 75% uptime. I hightly doubt that is the intention. It's busted. Please folks look at your logs and start posting about this. I have not found a single log at all that a Feral was not dead last by almost double unless the other person died.

It does not change the fact that 2h classes are getting more then double the uptime compared to Ferals. Dual wielding classes are seeing 75% uptime. I hightly doubt that is the intention. It's busted. Please folks look at your logs and start posting about this. I have not found a single log at all that a Feral was not dead last by almost double unless the other person died.
    Yes it does kindas suck, but I worry that if they increase our proc chance they may want to compensate by lowering the damage of one of our ability's. I don't know about you but I'm completely murdering the rest of my guilds dps on most fights. I keep waiting to see the patch notes with feral nerfs coming any day since we all know they can't possibly leave feral in such a good spot that they can actually compete with the top dps classes; last time feral was in such a good position was late WotLK from what i remember, but cata shot that down pretty quick.

Sadly it's actually kind of "intended". The reason is the way the old ppm mechanic works. The proc chance is determined by weapon speed (the higher your weapon swing timer is the higher the proc chance will be). This proc chance will be applied to autoattacks and special attacks. Due to our high amount of autoattacks per minute our proc chance is really low. In addition we can only use 50-60% of our globals for special attacks (less proc chances on special attacks than other classes have). That's one of the reasons we prefered static stat increases during earlier expansions...

I'm pretty sure the new rppm mechanic was also introduced to address this kind of imbalance.

While there may be something to that it does not explain why Rogues have a 75% uptime. They have a very fast swing timer for white attacks like we do, and their energy regen in pretty low like ours. Sure because each weapon can proc the other enchant they should have at least double our procs. But not 8 times as many.

The proc rate goes up pretty high on AoE also. I saw 5 refreshes on HH with the pumpkin adds.

Deleted
    I've been looking at logs and theres defiantly an imbalance between proc chances for ferals compared to other 2H melee in my raid.