Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post

No it didn't. It began way earlier but going to sarcasm isn't making your points more valid.
    It's not sarcasm. Lot's of obvious shit that shouldn't have slipped into launch somehow managed to slip into launch. The most glaring one was the honor gear fiasco. It's okay most games especially mmos are released as betas. Even Blizzard with it's YEARS of doing this and piles of cash makes mistakes. But to say it was launched as a beta isn't to far off unfortunately.

Honestly in cataclysm I wasn't bored 2 weeks into the expansion. In mists outside of lfr que I was pretty bored about 1-2 weeks in. I mean if it's all optional and your not forced to do shit you don't like then eventually you just get bored. Or you come on forums tell Blizzard what's up why your bored, get harrased by white knights and then leave anyway. You can tell people it's optional or you can help those people tell Blizzard why it's boring. In the end if enougjh people leave it get's changed anyway.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-11-04 at 06:01 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

The daily quests would have been a great idea if they didn't give you the same ones so often. Nothing is more frustrating than doing the same quests every day for weeks on end. I'd rather have them make me fly around an area I haven't been to in a long time like thousand needles and do a quest there. I'd like to see them resurrect some of the old land like they did in cata...just in a different way.

Also...I"m so fucking tired of people saying "Then you shouldn't have picked a pvp server." I made this account over 6 years ago and when I made it I literally didn't even know wtf pvp or pve even meant at the time. I'm also not willing to pay blizzard more money for a server change, nor am I willing to to level several more characters to max level on another server simply because the same 4 losers corpse camp people trying to do their dailies for hours on end every goddamn day of the week. Besides, I stand by my decision to pick the pvp server. I've had a lot of fun on it overall. I gank people too on occasion, but when I do I kill them once or twice and be done with it. Ideally I'd just like to be on a server where the deal is "I can attack you, and you can attack me, but not if one of us is doing daily quests." Or maybe implement a new rule. Something like "You can only kill the same person twice every hour unless they attack you first."

Nope. You're insinuating a White Knight is a bad thing which it isn't. Your post isn't constructive. All you're doing is basically insulting those that defend MoP.
    I'm insinuating that it's happening.

The fact that they're downies is entirely coincidental.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-11-04 at 06:01 PM.

I'd say MoP is the most over-hyped expansion in WoW's history.

-Raids just suck so far, straight up. Remember Putricide, Festergut, etc? THOSE were fun bosses.
    -Dungeons are a drag, some are too long. One dungeons shouldn't be 85% longer than another dungeon.
    -Voices and music are the best part.. There are some funny one liners and the main MoP song is awesome. Boss voices still lack overall.
    -No real goal or endgoal.. WTF are we doing in MoP right now? I don't even know wtf I am fighting next patch let alone in this expansion.
    -Need I mention dailies, caps, rehashed content again?

Overall I give it a 6/10.. It isn't even better than Cata (thus far) when Cata was 2 months in.

In Cata at this time we were killing Chogall.. at least that fight was fun. Will of the Emperor? Come on.
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2012-11-04 at 06:03 PM.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by swashbuckler47 View Post
    1. The expansion just started.
    2. The expansion just started.
    3. The expansion just started.
    Oh, by the way...the expansion just started.
    Yes, and people are already quitting in droves again.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    basically every server is linked to 3 or 4 servers whenever you go into a zone that isnt stormwind or in pandaria you are linked with those people from those 4 servers alot of people complain that his takes away resources or rare spwans but what they dont realize is that since cata blizzard has implemented a system where respawns of mobs/nodes goes up per person in a zone.

for example anyone who lvled in pandaria on launch will tell you how mobs seemed to respawn pretty much right after death to the point where you could end up fighting 5 or so mobs just to leave one spot.
    Ahh okey thanks
    I still dont see how this can be a bad thing.. It's like playing on a populated server, when you're playing on a dead one, atleast that's how I understood it. And thus bringing more life to dead leveling zones
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is way better then Cataclysm. The grind may be hard to bear I'm sure. I haven't finished all the factions yet and I'm ok with this. In 5.1 you'll get a VP upgrading system and an ease to the reputation grinding. The VP system was supposed to be at release but they couldn't finish it. Those rare elites sure give you a run for your money if you're used to just smacking them easily then say BC Wrath or what not. Oh and the questing is not so linear as it was in Cata which people complained about, no idea WHY that was a problem O_o

Monks are a new class with Martial Arts and herbal Teas involved. The Zones are very beautiful and once you get farther the story gets darker and more gritty then what you start with. I could go on about that but it would be spoiling. I wasn't really awed with the Cataclysm zones as I was in MoP. That's a note.

In Cata at this time we were killing Chogall.. at least that fight was fun. Will of the Emperor? Come on.
    Have you tried Heart of Fear yet? That is coming out soon(I think) And Terrace of the Endless Spring isn't out yet either.

Honestly in cataclysm I wasn't bored 2 weeks into the expansion. In mists outside of lfr que I was pretty bored about 1-2 weeks in. I mean if it's all optional and your not forced to do shit you don't like then eventually you just get bored. Or you come on forums tell Blizzard what's up why your bored, get harrased by white knights and then leave anyway. You can tell people it's optional or you can help those people tell Blizzard why it's boring. In the end if enougjh people leave it get's changed anyway.
    Well if you rushed to 90 then no wonder you're bored. I didn't get bored at the beginning of Cata but I'm not bored yet in MoP either. There were bugs yes but don't come and tell me there weren't any bugs during Cataclysm. Many things were bugged in each expansion.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2012-11-04 at 06:04 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Haters gonna hate.
    Nothing new here people, move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

A list of terrible issues.

1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.
    1. What would you do if they removed boring Dailies? DO boring Heroics?

2. CRZ is only an issue for PvP and older players trying to go back for old content. For non-PvP players in that level range, it's very nice.

3. PvP does not feel that bad. Instead of 1-2 classes being OP, seems there are 5-6, which feels a lot more balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Probably cause there is no CRZ in pandaria at the moment.
    That is not true. I see people from other realms all the time.
    I like the xpac so far, raids are actually challenging and theres plenty of content. (maybe a bit too much, but i won't complain about that)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    I think the difficulty is that when I look at this expansion, it is immediately and unquestionably obvious to me that the current game design is very good. And yet, tons of people claim the exact opposite. How can I take those people seriously when we both see the same thing but have such drastically different perception of it? Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but can you really expect me not to laugh a little bit inside every time I hear someone pipe up about how shit this expansion has turned out to be?
    Fix'd for you.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    Haters gonna hate.
    And blind fanboys gonna keep their heads up the butts.

While it's good to see if others share your opinion, there really isn't anything you can do about MoP being unpleasant other than stop giving Blizzard your money.

It's simple and obvious, but it's difficult for some to put their money where their mouth is.

Very simple solution for you here....

If this xpac is oh so horrible, stop playing it.

Personally I have no issues with the dailies. From what I remember since max leveling my 1st 80 (yes I'm a wrath baby) dailies are part and parcel of the game, unless you want to level alts. So, what, either do them or don't do them.

CRZ isn't a huge deal for me, although I do agree that folks from lesser populated servers don't get many of the benefits of a larger populated server. Hurts their AH prices.

PVP is pvp. You don't have to do it, if you don't want to.

Again, if this game is this bad to you, why bitch about it and continue playing. Just unsub, and do something else with your time.

I took some time off from WoW, played something else, came back and found that I still enjoy WoW. Perhaps some time off from WoW would do the same for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

A list of terrible issues.

1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is not true. I see people from other realms all the time.

That's the Battle.Tag system not CRZ.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is way better then Cataclysm. The grind may be hard to bear I'm sure. I haven't finished all the factions yet and I'm ok with this. In 5.1 you'll get a VP upgrading system and an ease to the reputation grinding. The VP system was supposed to be at release but they couldn't finish it. Those rare elites sure give you a run for your money if you're used to just smacking them easily then say BC Wrath or what not. Oh and the questing is not so linear as it was in Cata which people complained about, no idea WHY that was a problem O_o

Monks are a new class with Martial Arts and herbal Teas involved. The Zones are very beautiful and once you get farther the story gets darker and more gritty then what you start with. I could go on about that but it would be spoiling. I wasn't really awed with the Cataclysm zones as I was in MoP. That's a note.
    No the system was finished but to be franky anyone expecting the vp upgrade system to be the panacea for what ails you is high. That system will not only have some restrictions on it (can't go higher very much higher than the items base level) it simple isn't rewarding enough. Ultimately that's what alot of this is about. People want a PVE way to get reward in this game that is outside of a raid that isn't dailies. They've got their crafted gear and sit around org and think what's up? now what? Some of them do have lots of time to spend but don't want to do dailies and are bored. Partially because the questing is REALLY bad this time in mists. Like cata was linear but at least the quests had variety in what you did. You rescued the bears up the trees, or kick turtles into the water, or captured the seahorse, or threw the harpoon at the shark. In mists theirs like no variety. I think the most unique quest I did was the snipe mission with the orc chick. What's worse is after all that boring questing up to 85. If you want to get solo rewards you do more questing and it's more of the same questing. Kill 9 or collect 10. It's just TEDIOUS and is no way interest. Cata zones also had diversity that is sorely lacking in mists. Mists zones are more realistic and are better for story telling in that sense but in Cata it was neat going underwater and in the desert and undeground. The variety was soooo good.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Yes, and people are already quitting in droves again.
    Oh and do you have the data to back this up or are you pulling this out of your ass?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    1.) I got finished with them all on 1/11... i didnt feel forced, i just did them since they were an active part of the game. Opinion =/= fact.
    2.) Low level zones are awesome now due to this. Yes... you get ganked, but its only a little bit. Thats the price to pay for playing a PvP realm. nothing stopping you do it.
    3.) I don't PvP so, i couldn't give a shit. But it's always been the same complaints about pvp.

Here's an idea for you... stop subbing, and go play GW2 or some other junk.
    p[art 1 and 3 ill agree with but i suppose part 2 would depend on your battle grp f while leveing my monk form 1-68 ive been ganked at least 100 times some in WPL but mostly in hellfire

The VP system was supposed to be at release but they couldn't finish it.
    This part i had to comment on.

They not having the time to finish anything for MOP is bullshit.

They scrapped Cata after firelands to work on MOP that is why we didn't get 2 raids and got the shit that was DS.
    For blizzard to say *We did not have time before the release of MOP to release something is just a lie*

I think that you think they didn't have time to finish it but until i see a blue post that said that i call BS. Even after a blue post i still say BS they had more time on this xpac then maybe even BC or wrath.

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 06:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Oh and do you have the data to back this up or are you pulling this out of your ass?
    Ap's are ending and blizzard could not wait to post about being 10million subs when MOP came out. i see at lease a 500-700k drop in the next report.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This part i had to comment on.

They not having the time to finish anything for MOP is bullshit.

They scrapped Cata after firelands to work on MOP that is why we didn't get 2 raids and got the shit that was DS.
    For blizzard to say *We did not have time before the release of MOP to release something is just a lie*

I think that you think they didn't have time to finish it but until i see a blue post that said that i call BS. Even after a blue post i still say BS they had more time on this xpac then maybe even BC or wrath.

Then that's on you for not believing you. It's Blizzard's word against yours so I'll take Blizzard's word over yours.

Warrior-Magi