Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Calling BC the worst for PVP balance is insane. Its actually pointless for me to present any points to a person like that.

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 10:28 PM ----------

Please do. Because I have yet to see any sort of consensual backing of that claim.

Alright sigh.

"A list of terrible issues.

1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

-Aurust"

Well as far as the dailies go you don't have to do them. There's plenty of ways to get gear that's raid ready. One of the accessible options would be to farm up something, a profession even, get the gold and buy the gear, It doesn't take too long to buy gear on the AH or BMAH with leatherworking on my server, each chest is going for 13k and the 476 pieces go for anywhere from 10-40k. You could also Just raid but some people don't have time for that and I understand.

(there's plenty of other people saying roughly the same things all over youtube, check out The Weekly Marmot or PST on ZAMOfficial's youtube page.)

CRZ: PvP isn't for everyone, and if you're just realizing it's not for you after 90 levels then I'm sorry. As far as adding no benefits of larger servers? There really aren't any benefits. You know how long queue times can be sometimes? It's bad. And if it's that big of a deal you could either re-roll or transfer. You would kill two birds with one stone with either choice.

(As above, just do the same thing for other opinions and where I get mine from, I really dont want to go trough all the PSTs and Marmots to find the issues)

PvP: It's less than 2 months into a brand new xpac, let them balance it. If it's still a "disaster" after 3+ months of a new xpac then I'll bring the pitchforks.

(source: I dont really see people complaining)

TBC comes out... " omg this is the worst expansion ever vanilla was so much better"
    Wrath comes out... " omg this is the worst expansion ever TBC was so much better"
    Cata comes out ... " omg this is the worst expansion ever Wrath was so much better"
    Now guess what!
    Pandaria comes out and i'm reading a thread where apparently someone thinks pandaria is the worst expansion some people love to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

A list of terrible issues.

2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.

I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.
    Only if you are on a PvP server.....you choose the place your problem, PvP always was a complete disaster MoP didnt contribute more to it, and daily quest have always been there, and personal opinion here, I WAY prefer dailies than running dungeon over and over with a tabard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemic View Post
    PvP: It's less than 2 months into a brand new xpac, let them balance it. If it's still a "disaster" after 3+ months of a new xpac then I'll bring the pitchforks.

(source: I dont really see people complaining)
    Thats the biggest issue here. They said they would adjust numbers for pvp at the start of Cata, did nothing all xpac.
    This should have been balanced within a month of the xpac shipping. PvP in this game has been so bad since wrath that it actually led most major gaming circuits to abandon wow as a esport.

BC PvP was actually the shining point of pvp in this game btw.
    "Get better" is the most obnoxious response I have ever heard to this issue.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2012-11-05 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    He's not becoming as rare as trying to find nodes with 10+ realms competing for mats designed for ONE realm.
    They were designed for 1 realm with a full population when the mats were current content relevant. Not one realm where everyone is in Org and the mats are old content so all the nodes are ripe for one man's picking.

Everyone is used to farming in empty zones. WoW wasn't designed for that, you are SUPPOSED to have to compete for nodes. And bots have always been around.

Thats the biggest issue here. They said they would adjust numbers for pvp at the start of Cata, did nothing all xpac.
    This should have been balanced within a month of the xpac shipping. PvP in this game has been so bad since wrath that it actually led most major gaming circuits to abandon wow as a esport.

All honesty here, I really don't PvP. I mean I've tried it out, I just couldn't get in to it.

I can talk all day about things that can pertain to raiding though

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Yet you are still here. I think someone has a problem.
    Judging by your commentary it seems you're the one with the problem.

I am commenting on the topic and you're commenting on....me?

Quote Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
    Judging by your commentary it seems you're the one with the problem.

I am commenting on the topic and you're commenting on....me?
    The topic is pretty much dead by now. It's just back and forth arguing the same thing.

Well you quit didn't you? Yet you hang out on a fansite of the game you think is horrible.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    MoP : the best wow expansion atm

The topic is pretty much dead by now. It's just back and forth arguing the same thing.
    How is that relevant? How does it justify you coming in here to comment on people rather than the topic? Seems to me if you're going around a website doing that trying to police what people say on it you're the one with the problem here and have little room to be commenting on anyone else with this type of immature behavior.

Well you quit didn't you? Yet you hang out on a fansite of the game you think is horrible.
    Yes? So? I don't think WoW is horrible I think this expansion is. And there would be nothing out of the ordinary checking out this website even if that wasn't the case since I did play the game for 6 years. Any normal person would keep up with the changes, updates and discussion for a product he/she purchased several times over that type of time period.

It just seems to me you are absolutely intolerant of other people's opinions if they clash with your own and employ these immature tactics to attempt to silence them so they won't speak their mind.

If you have something to add to the discussion then do it, otherwise you are out and out trolling anyone who doesn't agree with you since this is you talking about me rather than the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    1: People always complained about dailies. Perhaps not as much as now, but they always have done.

2: People complained that servers were dead. Now that they tried to fix it and openly said there's some technical issues still, people claim CRZ killed servers. You can't have your cake and eat it.

3: People have always complained about PVP in the here and now. But remember how good Cataclysm PVP was? Or Wrath? Or TBC? Or Vanilla? No, i don't. I just remember a bunch of whining bastards who said PVP was broken all the fucking time.

That's not to say your complaints aren't valid, but don't make out like it's always been happy happy funtime. It's always been a case of the community bitching and whining about everything, and then using nostalgia to try and make their point seem more valid.
    PvP in vanilla and BC were good(other than resil and arenas which were pretty bad) since the ones who worked for their gear dominated(now its whoever plays the fotm) and there were not spec/class breaking changes every 2 weeks like there has been since wrath. With so many changes all the time, it shows how bad the design team is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop View Post
    PvP in vanilla and BC were good(other than resil and arenas which were pretty bad) since the ones who worked for their gear dominated(now its whoever plays the fotm) and there were not spec/class breaking changes every 2 weeks like there has been since wrath. With so many changes all the time, it shows how bad the design team is.
    Have you not played tbc pvp, have you gladly forgotten all about it, or were you one of the restodruids/lock/warriors(yes (deep)thunder/stormherald) in tbc who had jolly good fun because they were immortal ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    I would never agree with this. Cata had very little non-dungeon / raid content. MoP does. Cata had ridiculously overtuned 5 mans which caused nothing but grief and made tons of people quit the game. MoP has very fun and well tuned 5 mans with the option for a more challenging experience. Etc.
    You know heroic dungeons were optional in cataclysm to right? I stepped into the raids without a single piece of heroic gear and we still downed bosses. Cata had lots of non dungeon and raid content, in fact you had dailies in cataclysm and they NEVER cured anybodies boredom. Calling the current set of heroics "well tuned" shhould have Orwell rolling in his grave.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Calling BC the worst for PVP balance is insane. Its actually pointless for me to present any points to a person like that.[COLOR="red"]
    Nonsense. TBC was by far the worst for PVP balance (in terms of expansions, Vanilla was the worst overall but I was talking about expansions). Most hybrids had no success outside of healing. Tank specs were worthless for PvP. That alone makes TBC more imbalanced. Then you get into the retardedly OP comps like rogue + mage + priest for 3v3 and mace spec war + resto druid for 2v2. There's no way to suggest otherwise. It was clearly the most imbalanced arena we ever had.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 05:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop View Post
    Holy crap. I can't believe people would post this. How did you have to work for your PVP gear in BC more than you do now?

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 05:15 AM ----------

"Get better" is the most obnoxious response I have ever heard to this issue.
    No, Cata PVP is the shining point of PVP in this game. TBC was worse than even WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ i did like it at first, then noticed it put all the bots from other servers with my own realm bots and well there goes the neighborhood. I was farming Cata greens for my up and coming lvl 77 druid and went outside firelands and what a sight i saw 7 paladins ranging from lvl 81 too 83 following each other some go there own direction it was like watching slot cars, even a 85 paladin that would use a guardian on a single target i knew it was either a bot or an idiot im still 50/50 on that, it is WoW after all.
    Last edited by starkey; 2012-11-05 at 05:25 AM.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

I still don't get how people could say TBC had the best PVP balance. Remember the popular image where rogues said they finally were able to achieve success in arena and the image was a warrior using a rogue as a weapon? Yeah, rogues were straight garbage for S1 and S2. Or how about how awful hunters were for all of TBC? How awful fury warriors were. How awful ret paladins were. How awful enhance shamans were and boomkin. You guys are letting nostalgia take over your memories. TBC had the worst PVP balance by far, no contest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ashybawls View Post
    how am I a hateboy I'm playing MoP and still see that there are some things that are complete shit about it. There are some good things too or else I wouldn't be playing.
    how am I a fanboy I'm playing MoP and see there are things that are really fun

The same way everybody who voices criticism has to deal with people telling them to stop whining, everybody who opposes critics has to deal with people calling them fanboys.

Criticism is good, if it makes sense. I didn't see much sense in the criticism of the OP. It's stupid to call someone a fanboy just because he doesn't jump on the hate wagon.
    I don't have a problem with dailies. They were done really well and they were content I could choose to do or not. Complaining about optional content is pointless.
    I don't see a problem with CRZ. They aren't enabled in Pandaria, and in the low level zones where they are they are helping. The world doesn't feel deserted anymore.
    I don't see a problem with PvP, or at least, nothing new. There's surely some inbalances, but as a moonkin, I'm actually having more fun PvPing than ever before. And I really like the new battlegrounds.

Of course I'm just a fanboy because I talk positively about the game

I've still not run into this "CRZ MAKES MATS HARD TO FIND".

I leveled up mining/herbing without any issue.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Preston Maxtor View Post
    Why does everyone on this board have the argument skills of a 6 year old? Seriously, what the fuck part of your brain said that retarded rubber-glue arguments like this are a good idea? Or the endless strawman and rhetoric always streaming out in these topics.
    In case you haven't noticed, that wasn't an argument. I've just copied the text I quoted and switched the words. So, yeah, that compliment is basically going to someone else

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

A list of terrible issues.

I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.

1) I personally LOVE having the option of dailies to grind instead of just wearing a tabbard and mindlessly running dungeons.
    If I wish to grind solo I can, with no queues or anything. I've also been forced into meeting some new people again through grouping up for dailies, rather than just sitting in a city and spam dungeons.
    Not only that, but the rewards that come from all these factions (mounts/pets etc) are much more motivation than just a dungeon gear grind to keep going with them.
    If you don't like dailies, just don't do them all You are limited with the amount of Valor you can earn a week for the rewards anyways, so work out what you need and how much you can get away with doing.

2) If you're getting ganked then that means you rolled on a PvP realm, so this was entirely your choice.
    I actually hate PvP, but rolled on a PvP realm due to friends being there. You're right with this bringing the gankings back, but ya know what?? I fricken love that too. It felt like a single player game for a lot of cata if I ever ventured out from a city. Now I'm meeting people X-Realm that might be farming the same pets as me, or same rep and we instantly have something to talk about.
    Before I could just head out, do my shizzle then fly black, all fairly mindlessly. Now I'm having to pay attention to my surroundings, watch where that Ally is and maybe even have some spontaneous PvP. Yes it can be frustrating if they're killing you as you've found a rare, or waiting for a Q spawn but pfft. That's our fault for sucking at PvP, not the games :P

3) As I said I don't really PvP, so can't give my opinion here. But based on 99.9% of others, it's the same as it's always been :P
    + Consider it's still pretty early days. Read blue/patch notes and you'l see they are still ironing out a TON of creases.
    Last edited by mmocd925fa8e2f; 2012-11-05 at 09:44 AM. Reason: spelling, doh!