Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    1) I personally LOVE having the option of dailies to grind instead of just wearing a tabbard and mindlessly running dungeons.
    If I wish to grind solo I can, with no queues or anything. I've also been forced into meeting some new people again through grouping up for dailies, rather than just sitting in a city and spam dungeons.
    Not only that, but the rewards that come from all these factions (mounts/pets etc) are much more motivation than just a dungeon gear grind to keep going with them.
    If you don't like dailies, just don't do them all You are limited with the amount of Valor you can ear a week for the rewards anyways, so work out what you need and how much you can get away with doing.
    You got more than gear grind out of tabard rep. You got the faction gear but the factions in cata also had other things on them primarily enchants. Having said that I see no reason that system can't accomodate people who like dailies and people who like dungeons. Nobody I know or few people I know are calling for the removal of dailies. At least in so far as they present the only path way to gear. Thats mostly what people want changed. I have other objections to dailies but those are personal and not really anything that is shared or really all that important.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    You got more than gear grind out of tabard rep. You got the faction gear but the factions in cata also had other things on them primarily enchants. Having said that I see no reason that system can't accomodate people who like dailies and people who like dungeons. Nobody I know or few people I know are calling for the removal of dailies. At least in so far as they present the only path way to gear. Thats mostly what people want changed. I have other objections to dailies but those are personal and not really anything that is shared or really all that important.
    Well they removed the enchants as people complained that they dictated which factions they had to grind with first. So this is a positive change, you can have your shoulder enchants from the AH on a freshly dinged 90.
    I can see where you're coming from, but this is exactly how I'm finding it at the mo. I went full-blown daily quest mad for a couple of weeks. Now I can chill a bit, and run a mixture of dungeons to get the VP up, and maybe 2 factions of dailies for the Rep.

Edit: Also, the only reason I had so many dailies at the start is due to wanting the mounts from Anglers/Cloud Serpant/Tillers.
    If you're only after gear I see no reason to grind more than the Klaxxi & GL,.. then eventually SP & AC which to me doesn't seem like much at all.
    Last edited by mmocd925fa8e2f; 2012-11-05 at 10:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

A list of terrible issues.

1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.
    Well first off, most people are not just interested in PVP...
    Dailies? Well if you expected hundreds of different quests each day, that says more about your mindset than the game really. there are plenty of different quests and quest sets. And of course they get tedious after a while, but then you just don't do them...

You may thinkit's the worst ever, I think it's one of the best and it might even become the best one in my opinion, just have to wait til we come full circle and I can pass final judgment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Well they removed the enchants as people complained that they dictated which factions they had to grind with first. So this is a positive change, you can have your shoulder enchants from the AH on a freshly dinged 90.
    I can see where you're coming from, but this is exactly how I'm finding it at the mo. I went full-blown daily quest mad for a couple of weeks. Now I can chill a bit, and run a mixture of dungeons to get the VP up, and maybe 2 factions of dailies for the Rep.
    To be honest I would have preferred the old system. Let's be honest though you were never FORCED to grind for those rep enchants. In fact anyone saying you were is also basically saying you are forced to do dailies for coins or the valor gear or whatever else is on them because it provides such a huge advantage.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    They're not essential. If you PvP you don't need to do them and if you PvE you don't need to do them to kill Mogu'shan Vaults or Heart of Fear. The Heroic Instance 5 Man Dungeon Loot is more then enough.

CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    How? People have been complaining the world felt empty and it did. Now it is populated again. If you're being ganked, don't be on a PvP Server. I never abuse people for what time they started playing WoW, but you clearly didn't play in Classic / Burning Crusade as you'd be aware that Ganking & World PvP was rife back then! If you don't want it, move off to another server.

PVP is a complete disaster.
    This must be your first expansion launch. It is always like this. Always. The only difference is that the new class is not dominating like a king! The balance issues are being resolved, and there are ways around the major imbalances in PvP. Disarm Warriors, Stun Beastmaster Pets & Crowd Control the Mages. There is always a way!

1I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.
    Because it is awesome?

So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.

Cool opinion bro. That's kind of the point. So many people like this xpac because they have a different opinion than you. GG.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Deleted
    How about let people play what they wanna play?

I don't see why people play Guild Wars 2, as it's the most terrible game I have played in the last time

I don't see why people still play Swtor, as it was the worst game at start...

see? my Opinions, no one cares.

To be honest I would have preferred the old system. Let's be honest though you were never FORCED to grind for those rep enchants. In fact anyone saying you were is also basically saying you are forced to do dailies for coins or the valor gear or whatever else is on them because it provides such a huge advantage.
    It doesn't though. Getting fully enchanted gear is often a requirement of being in a Raiding Guild. This meant that I had to farm Therazane in order to get the Shoulder Enchants. Now however, because the only benefit I get from Valor is my own chance on loot, I don't need to do them. The Valor Point Gear is good, but you can easily do the entire of Tier 14 in Heroic Blues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    It doesn't though. Getting fully enchanted gear is often a requirement of being in a Raiding Guild. This meant that I had to farm Therazane in order to get the Shoulder Enchants. Now however, because the only benefit I get from Valor is my own chance on loot, I don't need to do them. The Valor Point Gear is good, but you can easily do the entire of Tier 14 in Heroic Blues.
    And getting valor gear isn't?
    And getting charms isn't?
    And getting the recipes isn't?

If you don't think any of those things are requirements in any guild then you don't raid. PERIOD. Nothing is forced in this game raider or not or everything is forced. I don't accept your nuance.
    The hammer comes down:

Deleted
    *sits back*

Begun, The flame wars have.

1. Agree but only from the PoV of VP capping when outside of raiding I have 0 time on weekdays (5 hours for WoW every night and they're all raiding) and half-day on weekend. You don't have to do them but at least until guild cleared MSV heroic I was behind on gear due to not enough dailies done. Would be nice to have the Exalted epic reward and enchants since they would have helped a lot but now I got better. Also skipped capping on either of my characters for a few weeks since I simply lacked time and there is no way in hell I can cap 2 chars without the VP bonus.
    But these are just minor annoyances, shitty design yes, but still minor. The only real QoL issue is the VP cap since I get more VP from clearing LFR than clearing heroic MSV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    *sits back*

Begun, The flame wars have.
    you're 20 pages too late

You, as anyone else, should enjoy things you like to expirience ingame, once when joy deminishes change to other game, a better one, wich will please you.
    Not so deep philosophy what I am saying, its man nature to whine when in unsatisfied mood, and you and you only are trigger of changin it positive by any means...

Deleted
    Already bored of this xPac, even Cata had me going for a longer time because of the redone questing areas.

It's also very sad that people continue to say that dailies are optional because there are other ways to get gear. Not only gear is hidden behind the DailyGate.

Deleted
    And getting valor gear isn't?
    And getting charms isn't?
    And getting the recipes isn't?

If you don't think any of those things are requirements in any guild then you don't raid. PERIOD. Nothing is forced in this game raider or not or everything is forced. I don't accept your nuance.
    You're contradicting yourself.
    First you say it isn't a requirement, then you say, well, it is, but so is all this other stuff I'm listing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    You're contradicting yourself.
    First you say it isn't a requirement, then you say, well, it is, but so is all this other stuff I'm listing.
    No not really. I'm just pointing out that if none of what I listed is a requirement than neither was the helm enchant (because hey your not forced to do anything in this game). Blizzards argument about this is bad in other words. Is their another way I can get the charms my guild requires of me when I raid? Didn't think so..
    The hammer comes down:

Why not just unsubscribe and stop cluttering up my bandwidth with these useless whiny posts? There's lots of other games out there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your whiney thread is bad and you should feel bad.

Deleted
    To be honest the only thing i hate in this expansion are enforced crossrealm zones. Makes farming pain in the arse, makes you suffer not only your own realm goldseller's bots but other realms' as well. All good farming spots are usually taken by guildless kb mash named characters 24/7.

There's upside of it though - I can essentially server transfer on demand, completely for free - all I need is real ID friend inviting me to party. Zone phases out. I'd have never killed Galleon on my stupidly full server if CRZ wasn't there. Even used coin and got 496 ilvl head.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    This meant that I had to farm Therazane in order to get the Shoulder Enchants.
    Nu-uh, you always had the option to just go Inscription. There is no option to Dailies now.