Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    Opinions cant be invalid.... I stand by my 2/10 rating and will probably not be recommending it to my friends.
    You started this terrible thread under the pretense that you didn't like the expansion for a few specific reasons, and now it comes out that you haven't even played it?
    Last edited by BrerBear; 2012-11-06 at 12:43 AM.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    You started this terrible thread under the pretense that you didn't like the expansion for a few specific reasons, and now it comes out that you haven't even played it? <edited>
    Wow, I didn't even realize that was the OP. Creating a thread on a fake premise just to bash on WoW. Nice.

Be careful about using the t* word, though. You could just as likely get infracted for what you wrote as the OP for this whole thread. Which is one of the problems with MMO-C, IMO. People start bait threads to get people to react in a way which gets them infracted. I see it happen way too often.
    Last edited by SamR; 2012-11-06 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Wow, I didn't even realize that was the OP. Creating a thread on a fake premise just to bash on WoW. Nice.

Be careful about using the t* word, though. You could just as likely get infracted for what you wrote as the OP for this whole thread. Which is one of the problems with MMO-C, IMO. People start bait threads to get people to react in a way which gets them infracted. I see it happen way too often.
    Point noted. Thank you.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Aurust. Dear god. Just quit playing WoW. You've been posting nothing but vitriol for a long time, if you don't like the game anymore, go elsewhere.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

A list of terrible issues.

1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.
    I'm pretty sure at least one person has said it throughout the bajillion pages, but just in case; not a single one of those issues have anything to do with the expansion specifically. You have a problem with WoW in general not MoP specifically.

OP can't address issues specific to the expansion because he's never played it. This is just a generic bash-WoW thread he started under the guise of a critique of an expansion he has no experience with.

1 and 3 are completly in conflict. if you pvp why the hell do you grind dailies for useless pve stuff?

2 and 3 are in conflict. if PVP is imbalanced how the hell can you tell if you call it world of gankcraft and can't defend yourself against some 8-14 years old ganking your leveling alt? you don't have a main like he does?

CRZ is great I hope I get to gank you for your qq.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    1 and 3 are completly in conflict. if you pvp why the hell do you grind dailies for useless pve stuff?

2 and 3 are in conflict. if PVP is imbalanced how the hell can you tell if you call it world of gankcraft and can't defend yourself against some 8-14 years old ganking your leveling alt? you don't have a main like he does?

CRZ is great I hope I get to gank you for your qq.

You wouldnt be able to gank me in your wildest dreams.... you couldnt even hope to even scratch me, even if you brought your whole guild.

This expansion has been my favorite so far.

Pandaria as a continent is leagues above BC/northrend and def above the garbage that is cata.

Tons of pve content

PvP is mediocre but that's always been the case aside from the first half of BC.

Profession system is better than wotlk/Cata. BC had a better system.

Leveling speed and dailies just need adjustments.

Even though im having fun with the game, i think this is so far the worst expansion, dungeons are too short and easy, raids just plain suck fights are too straight forward, questing sucks, pvp is more unbalanced than ever. CRZ is the worst thing that has ever been implemented into wow, in my opinion they should simply merge servers. LFR is slowly killing normal mode and hm raiding its making it feel less rewarding since you can get epic gear in lfr anyways. The asian theme is getting old really fast the music blows compared to previous expansions.
    Im still having fun with the game but not with the content that came out in this xpac. Oh btw the two new bgs suck too, just like pretty much everything in mop.

So now that the glitter has worn off.... Im starting to think that MOP may be the worst xpac ever, even worse than cata.

A list of terrible issues.

1) Daily quests. Forced repetitive boring gameplay.
    2) CRZ. World of gankcraft, and ruins smaller server communities while adding none of the benefits of being on a larger server.
    3) PVP is a complete disaster.

I just dont see how so many people like this xpac.
    Well dailys are in reality a continuation of the chosen questing system at max level. The only things that have changed are your reasons to do quests. First it was to level from 85 to 90. And Now its to attain Mounts, Epic gear, Recipies, etc.
    Another factor is the gating that goes on. When you are leveling you can quest as much as you want and always get exp toward your next level. Quests just dont all of a sudden stop after you do a few quest lines and reset the next day. So your not limited on how fast you can progress and can go from 85 to 90 in a few days.
    Reaching your goal that quickly makes all the boring quests tolerable.

Now if we look at dailys these halt your progression only letting you do a certian amount per day toward leveling whatever faction your trying to gain rep with. So they limit how fast you go from neutral to exhalted. Just like players wouldnt want to have a daily cap on exp gains, players dont want daily caps on rep gains. Players actually want to consume the content blizz gives them because it isnt the content that they like its the rewards. And blizzard is doing a good job of keeping rewards from players this expansion and players dont like it. But why should blizzard dangle a carrot in front of you within arms reach? They want to retain subs. And they know only a miniscul percentage of players would unsub because they dont like dailys. The rest are gonna spend more time in their game so that they can get the rewards they love. And the longer it takes to get those rewards the more players are gonna keep playing.

So basically what im getting at is you have been questing your whole life in WoW. If you dont like questing why are you playing an MMO. Most MMO's have a tone of quests, alot of MMO's are built around quests. If you dont wanna quest stop playing. Quests are part of RPG's deal with it.

That being said i agree that from a raiders perspective i shouldnt be required to do daily quests to gear up for raids. Thats what dungeons should be for. Isnt that why you put dungeon tabards in blizz? because the raiding community hated daily quests and would rather run dungeons for rep? Good job taking that out. Yea i know you dont want ppl consuming your content too fast to you have to put up gate after gate after gate and claim that its because we will complain that theirs too many raids to do but in reality only noobs on forums will post that and most of them are trolls that dont even raid or arnt skilled enough to raid successfully anyway. Last i checked your last good raid tier was the first tier in cata. 3 raids we could go in at anytime. And last i checked it worked out just fine.

Im so happy im not playing WoW anymore because i would hate having to do all those dailies since all i do in the game is raid.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2012-11-06 at 01:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Opinions cant be invalid.
    Opinions can't be wrong, but they can sure be invalid.

I'd argue that the opinion of someone who makes aggressive claims about their feelings on something despite the fact that they haven't actually tried the thing they are critiquing while simultaneously arguing with people who actually have experienced it is a pretty good example of an invalid opinion.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The only reason there are ever any problems in an expansion is because Kalgan still works for blizz. Fire him and all will be better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    The only reason there are ever any problems in an expansion is because Kalgan still works for blizz. Fire him and all will be better.
    care to elaborate?

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    1) Dailies are not mandatory. Personally I only do a few each day just to get 90 charms each week.. You need to do like what, 6-7 dailies a day to get that. And even that is not "mandatory".

2) CRZ is awesome, stop hating. But then again... opinions and all that.

3) This is the only one I agree with you about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    2) CRZ is awesome, stop hating. But then again... opinions and all that.
    When I have a positive experience with CRZ, I'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I fully support this thread.

A) Dailies are a chore. They exist to gate content and slow down professions and gearing.

B) Challenge modes are pointless. There are only a few people on each realm who think their times matter, but they are wrong.

C) Scenarios... /snore

D) Leveling is bland, monotone and banal... like the story of MoP.

E) CRZ suck for the economics of the realms and collecting of rare mounts/pets.

F) Talents are more cookie cutter then ever and remove the option to be bad. Just like the whole expansion they are aimed for scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Linca View Post
    Anytime someone complains about long rep grinds, I figure they must have ignored or forgotten about Netherwing Ledge. I remember doing Netherwing for a good 30 days to hit exalted or the like (Albeit, with the extra eggs). These rep grinds are mostly a joke compared to that. I'm not saying that it makes rep grinding 'okay because of how it was in BC' but... getting multiple things to Revered within a week or so isn't really all that bad these days.
    You did that for a drake. That´s cosmetics. No raidleader will bark at you if you don´t own that drake.

In BC we had attunements and gained reputation while doing BT. Then in WotLK we had to grind rep for Sons of Hodir. Only that. In Cata we had to grind rep for Therazane. The reputation for your head enchant was earned until you hit 85. And now? We could grind rep 24/7 and use the night as well and still don´t get all the stuff we need in a managable timescale.

Deleted
    lol at this thread i read a new one everyday funfunfun!

anywayy
    1) dont do dailys or just do what i can imagine alot of people do ! ( do them when you can be arsed or need 400g to buy ur Darkmoon trinket or some shit)
    2) tbh cross realm zones are great and getting ganked is fun because it normally starts a guild brawl <3 and tbh only time i notice CRZ is when i go outside sw and see loads of people sluging it out and im on a medium pop realm and i know a few other realms that got put with mine are also medium/high pop just = more people to annoy while day to day stuff.
    3) i think your dead wrong about pvp its not that bad actually tbh after they tweak a few classes (hunters/war's and mages this is coming from a mage) it should be alright.

ofc people should take what i say with a pinch of salt because these are my opinions.

conzigs out ( sounded so much better in my head)
    Last edited by mmoc93df997500; 2012-11-06 at 10:25 AM.

Fanboys will hate, but this thread is right. MoP is a horrible expansion and it has terrible design decisions. And it won't get ANY better. Just look at what they're doing with Brawler's Guild on 5.1, making it invite-only and not instanced, against any common sense aswell as the will of most players.
    WoW is killing itself, and it's not just age.