Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    Heres the problem right here.

The core concepts/features the expansion is based on

1. Kung Fu panda ("Oh didn't we have that one jokey character in WCIII we can bank on? Lets stretch that out for all its worth. I'm sure people will eat it up")

2. Pokemon ("Hey lets just outright rip off pokemon since we don't have any good ideas for this expansion anyways. It's been done before now it's our turn to bank in. People will simply nod and defend us because they are addicted")

Blizzard has just been riding off WCIII story for all of WoWs life. Now it is starting to wear really thin and they can't come up with anything new (that is decent or not ultra generic). They grab ideas from other games and tweak the hell outta what they already have blindly hoping it will be better.

Blizzard just sits proud on their monopoly and know people will eat up whatever slop they pour in front of their customers. They never need to justify or put quality in their products because they will always have an army of fanboys to sustain them and fight battles for them.
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Is EvE like the game..Eve? Sorry I don't get the abbreviation.

Also how is Eve? I've been considering it for a while :x.
    It's spelled EvE, like WoW is spelled WoW.

It's a game where you have to like getting ripped off and your assets destroyed without compliant. Assets that can be bought with RL money. When you lose a capital ship in a war they list the ISK value and RL money of what was lost. It hurts.

It's a game where skills matter (there's no levels) and survival means being in a corp (guilds here).

It's a game about trade and has the best economy and trading system in MMOs (CFOs of some top companies in the world play it, and CCP employs economists to run it).

It's a game of intrigue, spying and self-destruction. Some of the biggest events in EvE history is when infiltrators get into another rival's corp and take YEARS to rise to the top, then in one night's glee, gut the rival's corp to nothing (and with it thousands of RL dollars lost).

Not a game for the faint of heart, and the PvP is literally out of this world.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Oh, yeah people hate WoW when they were playing the game. Really sweet Kool-Aid there. -_-
    It is very clear that open world play across servers without loading screens is the Holy Grail for a never dying MMO.

Your hopes of WoW having less and less players so it could ulimately die is simply no longer valid with the start of this mechanic.

You see a 200k populated WoW in X years time would actually have ...20 times MORE players around than the biggest WoW server could ever hold...these days...

It is quite obvious WoW haters are afraid for the long term implementation of this cross server mechanic...

The few actual players who don't understand this are being ralied by guys like you ... Who ... Don't play the game

The same happened with cross server Bg's and cross server dungeon play.

But the new open world mechanic is 1000 times more powerful in the future .... And YOU KNOW IT. ...: )

It is typical that all those non players keep mentioning CRZ, while its core design simply will kill your hopes for a dying WoW.

Really funny to see all these efforts by a non gaming OP and supported by the usual Blizzard haters.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-11 at 09:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Blizzard just sits proud on their monopoly and know people will eat up whatever slop they pour in front of their customers. They never need to justify or put quality in their products because they will always have an army of fanboys to sustain them and fight battles for them.
    That's the saddest part in all of this: the defense of mediocre.

When they do offer something revolutionary it can destroy the community, let alone ruin the fun. Like Blizzard has a bright idea rushes it through and not think of the consequences (what are those dev meetings like? A fanboi forum?). They can do good things -- AoE looting (anyone complaining about something that took RIFT to get?). They can do great things -- LFG/LFR. They also can blow it all up -- what became of Cata. They can destroy their craft -- allowing anything goes with players.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    Opinions cant be invalid.... I stand by my 2/10 rating and will probably not be recommending it to my friends.
    you have not played the game, you CANNOT refer anyone to anything about this. That is wrong with the game. People like this (obv a Star Wars Fan like me, too, but he is ignorant and whiney, that swtor was actually a big failure and has to down MoP)

Compared to any other MMO out there MoP is really shiny...and that is the truth, and you know you can see it, especially here.

1,5k viewers at once in the swtor forums at launch...only 30 now. GW2? 2k-3k even. Now 100-200. MoP? The same numbers as before.

This forum is a nie source how the games actually go on, not because of the QQ Threads with an intelligence of a bread, because of the numbers

I would have never player MoP because I wanted to play swtor and after that GW2, but because both games were real bullshit i Play MoP now, after 4 years without WoW, and I am absolutely happy.
    my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Is EvE like the game..Eve? Sorry I don't get the abbreviation.

Also how is Eve? I've been considering it for a while :x.
    Awesome game, high learning curve and brutal to those that are faint of heart. You can be a carebear in it but first thing you need to learn in the game is that you will die... lots and often. Also you pretty much cannot trust anyone or anything in the game early on as players lie, cheat, scam, steal, gank, bribe, and generally make it so that you have to learn fast and have a very thick skin. Its no mercy for the weak. Pretty much like real life. Your milage may vary and you might be lucky to get a nice nullsec pvp corp take you under their wing and show you the ropes but its a time investment game also. Don't expect to be able to play and be awesome from the first day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Oh, yeah people hate WoW when they were playing the game. Really sweet Kool-Aid there. -_-
    Its BenBos, I dont think i need to say more other than he returns here after each one of his MMOChamp forum "vacations" to spout the exact same vitriolic drivel about anything that isn't praising WoW and Blizzard, especially with his personal favourite about "loading screens". Its like a bad scratched vinyl (music record for the youngsters) thats stuck repeating the same line over and again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    99% of all the forum posts on the official site are against CRZ.

Also, MOP did horribly in sales compared to previous xpacs mostly due to CRZ.
    So wrong, pls stop posting here

They did sell more than Cata again, didnt you read the call? The first numbers are hard copy disk sales, but this year you could buy a digital collectors box...goddamn, you are so...meh....go and play you shitty game and stop crying about better games, pls!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    you have not played the game, you CANNOT refer anyone to anything about this. That is wrong with the game. People like this (obv a Star Wars Fan like me, too, but he is ignorant and whiney, that swtor was actually a big failure and has to down MoP)

Compared to any other MMO out there MoP is really shiny...and that is the truth, and you know you can see it, especially here.

1,5k viewers at once in the swtor forums at launch...only 30 now. GW2? 2k-3k even. Now 100-200. MoP? The same numbers as before.

This forum is a nie source how the games actually go on, not because of the QQ Threads with an intelligence of a bread, because of the numbers

I would have never player MoP because I wanted to play swtor and after that GW2, but because both games were real bullshit i Play MoP now, after 4 years without WoW, and I am absolutely happy.
    my two cents.
    Please dont turn this into a game vs game post as it is against the rules....

Also what on earth makes u think i play star wars? To the point you had to private message me about telling me to go back to star wars? Weird....

I'm going to go ahead and put an end to this thread. Far too much belligerence going on throughout for my taste.

Locked.