My BM opener (Pre 5.1)

So this is the open I have been using on standard fights for BM as of pre 5.1!
    -10 to -4: Misdirect and Hunters mark (If the boss is going to moved to a predetermined point in the room where you can place traps and not pull him put an Explosive Trap and a Snake Trap there!)
    -2: Prepot, Precast Cobra Shot
    0: Serpent Sting
    1: Bestial Wrath, Kill Command
    2: Lynx Rush
    3: Dire Beast
    4: Glaive Toss
    5: Rapid Fire, (Racial), Stampede (If you want to try to maximize the up time of Stampede while your prepot is up move this step to before you cast Lynx Rush, both options in my opinion are optimal.)
    6: Arcane Shot
    7: Kill Command
    8: Readiness
    9: Kill Command (Delaying the readiness in this fashion lets you get off 3 Kill Commands during your first BW)
    10: Dire Beast (I hold my 2nd Lynx Rush until I cast my 2nd BW because if I used it here BW would expire roughly 2 seconds before Lynx Rush ends.)
    11: Glaive Toss
    12: Cobra Shot (Forget your focus keep up that serpent sting! I don't know how much haste you all have but with CDs up I'm going to say this cast was about 1 second for the sake of simplicity.)
    ~13: Arcane Shot
    ~14: Bestial Wraith, Lynx Rush (My second Lynx Rush even with the delay here is still used with my prepot and my orc racial. My Raid also has back to back Stormlash totems so it will be up for this as well if your raid does the same!)
    ~15: Kill Command
    ~16: Arcane Shot
    ~17: Arcane Shot (If you popped RF at 2 pop it again here.)
    ~18: Cobra Shot
    ~19: Arcane Shot
    ~20: Arcane Shot
    ~21: Kill Command
    In 5.1 with Lynx Rush being changed to a 15 second bleed (Assuming we still use it in 5.1), the 2nd Lynx Rush would have to be used 19 seconds after the 1st Lynx Rush was used. I will still want all my CDs up while the 2nd Lynx Rush Bleed is stacking so In order for that to remain the case the first lynx rush would have to be used on 2 and the 2nd BW would be delayed untill ~21 and the 2nd Lynx Rush would be used at ~22. I would love to hear some questions from you all and maybe some suggestions to help maybe further optimize my rotation. I hope my opener helped you a bit if you seem to be having trouble doing a lot of burst at the start of a fight!

Deleted
    bm doesnt use lynx rush...

Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    bm doesnt use lynx rush...
    It does? It won't after 5.1 most likely though......

Deleted
    amoc always did better dps than lynx (at least post beta once mop went live)

Lynx Rush is a viable raiding talent to use for BM... there are plenty of very talented BM hunters that use this talent. This is the rotation I have using these talents, and to say that BM hunters don't use Lynx Rush is false. There are a lot that don't use it of course, but don't dismiss it as a useless talent for raiding simply because it isn't the one you use.

Deleted
    kk sorry:

good bm hunters dont use lynx rush.

10+ Year Old Account
    kk sorry:

k, instead of bashing him, why not explain which we do use, and why ?
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Yea Midwinter hunters must be pretty terrible huh?... This thread isn't about your opinion on the talents used in the opener its about optimizing the abilities used in the opener. i don't understand why you would be so quick to insult a large portion of the hunter community simply because you don't like the talents they use... it's childish and all you are doing is trying to start an argument.

amoc always did better dps than lynx (at least post beta once mop went live)
    Well, noxxic, icy-veins, the top WOL BM parses on feng, EJ, and a quick check of female dwarf differ ( Female dwarf with Lynx rush: Combined: 72857.51 and Female dwarf with aMOC: Combined: 71452.22)

In addition its easier to use.

On topic though,

I can't remember the specifics on how dire beast works, if it scales with the attack speed boost from rapid fire. Just incase, i usually rapid fire before the dire beast. So it goes Rapid Fire>Stampede>dire beast for #5

I do everything else the same except I don't stack my 2nd readiness with BW. I use it just after it falls off and if we lusted during this opener, i save it until after lust is over with.

I would save the 2nd BW if I didnt have me prepot up I suppose, as well as the 2nd stormlash. Saving the readiness would make you not get that 3rd Kill Command off during the first BW would it not? Also out of curiosity what trinkets do you have? (I have DMC trinket and normal Bottle of infinite Stars).

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 08:28 PM ----------

I like the idea of moving dire beast after #5 for the haste, even though I am pretty sure RF and focus fire do not change the attack speed of the dire beast...delaying doesn't seem like that big of a deal because I'm going to be resetting the CD anyway.

Why are you using dire beats and other random spells during bestial wrath? It's a waste of global.

Glaive Toss - Serpent Sting - Kill Command - Dire Beasts - Lynx Rush - Bestial Wrath - Kill Command - SPAM Arcane Shot - Kill Command - Glaive Toss - Rediness - Kill Command.

Doing this should net you 3 kill commands during the first Bestial Wrath.

After this you should be semi-low on focus so refresh serpent sting, which means you get more focus. Then you use your dire beast. After that you use Lynx Rush - Beastial Wrath - Kill Command, which means you'll get 2 Kill Commands during each Bestial Wrath unless your next Readiness is timed perfectly.

Keep in mind that you should do Bestial Wrath as soon after Lynx Rush as possible to get some of those Lynx Rush hits in during your bestial wrath.

Use Stampede after you're done pressing all your stuff, cause it's a waste of a global during that somewhat hectic button-mashing first 20-25 seconds of the fight. Use Stampede after that. If you are on Elegon, use your second Stampede during the final burn phase.
    Last edited by Haxlax; 2012-11-04 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    It does? It won't after 5.1 most likely though......
    why won't it after 5.1? it far better then AMoC on the PTR and it is barely a loss in live with better utility.

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 06:46 PM ----------

kk sorry:

funny cause the "best" ones are using it... so i guess its just the ones who think they are good use it.

Deleted
    U loose 3 GCD on the first BW, that seems like a bad opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxlax View Post
    Why are you using dire beats and other random spells during bestial wrath? It's a waste of global.

Glaive Toss - Serpent Sting - Kill Command - Dire Beasts - Lynx Rush - Bestial Wrath - Kill Command - SPAM Arcane Shot - Kill Command - Glaive Toss - Rediness - Kill Command.

Doing this should net you 3 kill commands during the first Bestial Wrath.

After this you should be semi-low on focus so refresh serpent sting, which means you get more focus. Then you use your dire beast. After that you use Lynx Rush - Beastial Wrath - Kill Command, which means you'll get 2 Kill Commands during each Bestial Wrath unless your next Readiness is timed perfectly.

Keep in mind that you should do Bestial Wrath as soon after Lynx Rush as possible to get some of those Lynx Rush hits in during your bestial wrath.

Use Stampede after you're done pressing all your stuff, cause it's a waste of a global during that somewhat hectic button-mashing first 20-25 seconds of the fight. Use Stampede after that. If you are on Elegon, use your second Stampede during the final burn phase.
    No, if anything you should use stampede right before BW because of how rabid and your pre pot line up with the stampede pets and how BW, rabid, and your pre pot line up with your pet's CDs.
    So on elegon, you should use stampede once at the beginning then when all your other CDs have come off of CD do the exact same thing at the end when he takes the most damage of the fight.
    This is what I do

Stampede
    Bestial Wrath
    Kill Command
    Lynx Rush
    Dire Beast
    Glaive Toss
    Serpent Sting
    Rapid Fire
    Kill Command
    Readiness
    Kill Command
    Glaive Toss
    Dire Beast
    Bestial Wrath
    Lynx Rush

Doing it this way will give you 3 KCs in the first BW and 2 in the second. I'm sure this isn't the best rotation, so if anyone has anything better, I'd like to know. You should put BW in front of LR because your pet might get off some attacks before you pop BW. I could probably change it to something that doesn't waste GCDs during BW.

Serpent Sting
    Stampede
    Dire Beast
    Bestial Wrath
    Kill Command
    Lynx Rush
    Glaive Toss
    Rapid Fire
    Kill Command
    Readiness
    Kill Command
    Glaive Toss
    Arcane Shot
    Arcane Shot
    Dire Beast
    Bestial Wrath
    Lynx Rush

That one wastes less GCDs during BW.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-11-05 at 12:37 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    I generally open like this, and it's prob not correct but my burst is fine (unless i majorily screw up, which i tend to like atm).

POT > RF + STAMPEDE > DB > BW > LR > READINESS > DB + RF > BW > LR

Like the person above I also delay my readiness to get a 3rd KC in the first BW.

---

On other hand have some people noticed like very irregular burst patterns? Like sometimes I shoot up to 296k and other times its like 226k.

Not sure what is causing it, seem to time my cds and rotation 99% identical most of the time, or it might be skada, idk.
    Last edited by mmoc19ee780deb; 2012-11-07 at 11:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im very new to gaming, I started in Wrath, and will only play a Hunter. I started Sv, then went MM but have stayed BM since Cata. I was doing pretty good dps in Cata. MoP making BM viable was awesome. But I'm not sure of a few things.

My opener: MD, pre pot, pull with SS, BW, KC, Stampede, LR, DB, Glave toss, AS until KC comes up, GT, AS till KC comes up and BW is gone, then RF, READINESS, BW, KC, GT, and so on

Rabid, and LR is macro'd to BW. DB is macro'd to Arcane shot. Rabid is also macro'd to RF. Is this ok?

Also, should I be at full focus before using BW? I always try to make sure I am so I can spam Arcane shot, and KC, GT.
    And I am not use to readiness at all. When should I use it? I have been using my first BW, and RF, then waiting for my second BW/RF then popping readiness getting my 3rd BW/RF. Should I use readiness sooner so it's off cooldown sooner? like BW/RF together then readiness right after? It just sucks to do this because of I find myself with long periods of nothing to do but the normal rotation of KC, CS, CS, AS, AS KC while waiting for BW to come back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    On other hand have some people noticed like very irregular burst patterns? Like sometimes I shoot up to 296k and other times its like 226k.

Not sure what is causing it, seem to time my cds and rotation 99% identical most of the time, or it might be skada, idk.
    I think this is pretty much why BM outpaces Surv on WoL. Get good procs and trinkets lining up? gg

Ideally I'd be able to mentally calculate on the fly exactly what my agi is and will be 10 seconds from now and delay/rework my burst accordingly.... guess that's something I can spend my free time working on.